Author Topic: smashing pumpkins  (Read 4436 times)

aba1118

smashing pumpkins
« on: April 27, 2007, 10:42:00 am »
does anyone know for sure who is back with the pumpkins other than jimmy. i'm wondering who the bassist is gonna be, i'm hoping melissa. and i was wondering about james getting back with them. anyone have insite on this?

tinygee

Re: smashing pumpkins
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 10:44:00 am »
james is out, which sucks, but im sure they can find someone who will be nearly as good......and im pretty sure they are gonna go with melissa for bass.

aba1118

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 10:45:00 am »
i hope your right about melissa, i liked her better with them than the crackhead d'arcy. sucks about james though. o well.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 10:46:00 am »
It appears to b Ginger Reyes on bass and Jeff Schroeder on second guitar.

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 10:49:00 am »
Smashing Pumpkins rot.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 10:55:00 am »
More importantly...does anyone actually give a fuck about the smashing pumpkins at this point?

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 11:29:00 am »
i am starting to think there are a few people on this board who dont really appreciate music at all!!!

(disclaimer: i am not saying that i like/appreciate/or ever was a fan of the Pumpkins)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 11:35:00 am »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
  More importantly...does anyone actually give a fuck about the smashing pumpkins at this point?
Yes.

Sage 703

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 11:39:00 am »
Yes.

distance

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 11:47:00 am »
no.  billy burned those bridges long ago.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 12:14:00 pm »
I predict they rock like crazy and people will love it.

bnyced0

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 12:15:00 pm »
Why wouldn't they?

bearman🐻

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 01:17:00 pm »
When Smashing Pumpkins released "Siamese Dream" in 1993 and I saw them at the Metro in Chicago the week that record got released, I thought they were going to blow Nirvana right out of the water. They were a better live band than Nirvana (when the Pumpkins were having a good night that is), and I still will put on their first 2 LPs and be blown away by them. I never, ever get an urge to listen to Nirvana. (I know, maybe it's an unfair comparison.) That being said, I think the Pumpkins made some huge mistakes and especially Billy Corgan screwed up a bunch of stuff for that band. He is a big baby. I've met him about 4 times, and only once was he ever civil (and trust me...I only approached him once out of the 4 times). I've never seen any lineup other than the original 4, and I'm sure Melissa is great on bass, but at this point I seriously doubt they will ever release music as good as when had in the early 90's. But I wish them luck, hopefully baby Billy will get what he's looking for. Just my 2 cents.

K8teebug

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 03:43:00 pm »
I still love Siamese Dream and Gish.  I could never get into the other albums though.  Also, everytime I saw them perform live on television, they seemed like they sucked, so I never had the desire to see them live.

K8teebug

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 03:44:00 pm »
Sucked as in, Billy's voice sounds like crap live.  Not their music.