Author Topic: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux  (Read 218530 times)

atomic

Re: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2013, 11:32:59 am »
I felt the same way about Angelos but they have won the last 2 seasons. 

Won what?  More games than they lost?  Is that the goal?

It sure beats 14 straight losing seasons and it sure beats being out of the playoff race by the all-star break. Look at you Landover NFL team fans.  3 games to go and all you have left to do is argue over who is more at fault the GM or the Coach.  The Ravens have been in the playoffs 5 straight years and have won a game each year in the playoffs and are still in the hunt this year. 

If all that will make you happy is winning the super bowl than you are going to be a very unhappy person.  Is this how you run your personal life? " If I am not the president of the US I am loser?".   It is the journey not the destinaton.  As we will all end up dead in the end.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2013, 04:07:28 pm »
I assume he means with a different team.  Parcells won his with the Giants.
Yeah, sorry, forgot that little bit.

Getting back to the Super Bowl, great, winning a Super Bowl is a whole different story. If getting TO conference championships and Super Bowls was fine, Andy Reid would still be in Philadelphia.

Getting to the Super Bowl is the goal.  That way you are in the last game of the season.    It probably is hard to win with two different teams because most great coaches are switching teams all the time and personel plays a big part in winning and there is luck.  I think you woud be happy with a Super Bowl appearance. If the Ravens make the Super Bowl this year I will be overjoyed no matter what the outcome.
If the goal was to get TO the Super Bowl, no one would care about WINNING the Super Bowl. You're stupid. Winning the Super Bowl is everything.

Your team has 3 meaningless games left. I am sure you would be much happier if your team was going to the super bowl. I think I got into you with this stupid argument before.  Your an idiot when it comes to sports.  And you get mad about them. If sports make you mad than you should stop paying attention to them.
You're* an idiot.
‼‼?‼‼

atomic

« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2013, 04:13:22 pm »
I assume he means with a different team.  Parcells won his with the Giants.
Yeah, sorry, forgot that little bit.

Getting back to the Super Bowl, great, winning a Super Bowl is a whole different story. If getting TO conference championships and Super Bowls was fine, Andy Reid would still be in Philadelphia.

Getting to the Super Bowl is the goal.  That way you are in the last game of the season.    It probably is hard to win with two different teams because most great coaches are switching teams all the time and personel plays a big part in winning and there is luck.  I think you woud be happy with a Super Bowl appearance. If the Ravens make the Super Bowl this year I will be overjoyed no matter what the outcome.
If the goal was to get TO the Super Bowl, no one would care about WINNING the Super Bowl. You're stupid. Winning the Super Bowl is everything.

Your team has 3 meaningless games left. I am sure you would be much happier if your team was going to the super bowl. I think I got into you with this stupid argument before.  Your an idiot when it comes to sports.  And you get mad about them. If sports make you mad than you should stop paying attention to them.
You're* an idiot.

Says the person who gets themselves all upset over some stupid sports team that they aren't even on.  You are upset over the Capitals, upset over the Landover NFL team.  YOu are probably upset over the wizards and nationals as well.  Get a life.

atomic

« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2013, 01:20:45 pm »
Maybe the Landover team should trade RG3 for draft picks.   They might be able to get a first rounder for him.  That way you can have Cousins as your QB and use the pick to fill one of the numerous holes in your team.  I guess it admits failure of some kind if you pay 3 first rounders to get him and only get one when you trade him but sometimes you have to cut your losses. 

ggw

« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2013, 03:40:58 pm »

I'm shocked no one has speculated on who the next coach is going to be.

Rex Ryan

Yada

« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2013, 03:44:06 pm »

Rex Ryan

I'm not even sure why I'm posting in this thread, but why replace a loser with a bigger loser?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2013, 04:03:19 pm »

Rex Ryan
Have got to be fucking kidding me.
‼‼?‼‼

atomic

« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2013, 06:07:12 pm »
I bet Shanahan is still coaching the team next year.  You have all that money tied up with him and the coaches.  It is not like you will sell more tickets or have more TV money by firing the coach.  Plus the teams top pick is gone.  They will be awful next season no matter who the coach is.

Relaxer

« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2013, 06:39:27 pm »
Shanahan doesn't want to be around for that, but he still holds the power. He'll strike an agreement with Snyder in the offseason to walk with a few mil but not the full amount owed.
oword

stevewizzle

« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2013, 07:10:53 pm »
i don't know, atomic has a point.  the landover coaching job is a nightmare for the next year or two, who in their right mind would take that job? it almost seems like snyder holds the power since shanahan really doesn't want to coach, and snyder has a terrible void to fill.

that said, i do feel like greg schiano and dan snyder are a match made in heaven.

vansmack

« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2013, 07:32:22 pm »
who in their right mind would take that job?

Exactly.  All money being equal - which job do you take: this one or the University of Texas job?

Easy pick.

They will be awful next season no matter who the coach is.

Yep.
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2013, 09:03:13 pm »
I felt the same way about Angelos but they have won the last 2 seasons. 

Won what?  More games than they lost?  Is that the goal?

It sure beats 14 straight losing seasons and it sure beats being out of the playoff race by the all-star break. Look at you Landover NFL team fans.  3 games to go and all you have left to do is argue over who is more at fault the GM or the Coach.  The Ravens have been in the playoffs 5 straight years and have won a game each year in the playoffs and are still in the hunt this year. 

If all that will make you happy is winning the super bowl than you are going to be a very unhappy person.  Is this how you run your personal life? " If I am not the president of the US I am loser?".   It is the journey not the destinaton.  As we will all end up dead in the end.

Not sure who 'you' is but I've been a Ravens fan since before Day 1. 

hutch

« Reply #117 on: December 17, 2013, 09:43:48 pm »

Not sure who 'you' is but I've been a Ravens fan since before Day 1. 

Out of curiosity, and boy did you pick the right team (imagine the different experiences of a Redskins and Ravens fan since the Browns moved to Baltimore!), what does this mean?

Dd you root for the Cleveland Browns? or were you a Baltimore Colts fan? Or did you root for Baltimore to get a new team?

shemptiness

« Reply #118 on: December 17, 2013, 10:38:43 pm »
Grew up a Baltimore Colts fan.  What I said probably made no sense, but I was just trying to say I was a Baltimore fan before a-tom was even born.

hutch

« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2013, 10:42:32 pm »
Grew up a Baltimore Colts fan.  What I said probably made no sense, but I was just trying to say I was a Baltimore fan before a-tom was even born.

no, that makes perfect sense to me.....