Author Topic: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux  (Read 218692 times)

atomic

Re: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2013, 03:38:29 pm »
I didn't think it was a good hire. No previous Super Bowl winning coach has ever won another Super Bowl. This formula has been used over and over again. It's a moot point. He's out in a few weeks and we're coachless and lost yet again.

Your theory doesn't really make sense.  Bill Parcells went back to the Super Bowl after winning it twice with another team and also made it to a AFC Championship with a third team. 

shemptiness

« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2013, 03:56:32 pm »
I assume he means with a different team.  Parcells won his with the Giants.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2013, 04:02:22 pm »
Yeah, sorry, forgot that little bit.

Getting back to the Super Bowl, great, winning a Super Bowl is a whole different story. If getting TO conference championships and Super Bowls was fine, Andy Reid would still be in Philadelphia.
‼‼?‼‼

atomic

« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2013, 04:39:11 pm »

Getting back to the Super Bowl, great, winning a Super Bowl is a whole different story. If getting TO conference championships and Super Bowls was fine, Andy Reid would still be in Philadelphia.

Getting to the Super Bowl is the goal.  That way you are in the last game of the season.    It probably is hard to win with two different teams because most great coaches are switching teams all the time and personel plays a big part in winning and there is luck.  I think you woud be happy with a Super Bowl appearance. If the Ravens make the Super Bowl this year I will be overjoyed no matter what the outcome.

atomic

« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2013, 04:40:26 pm »

I realize that but he won 2 with the giants and then got back to the Super Bowl with someone else.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2013, 04:45:22 pm »
This team will never be a winner with the current owner.  I've been saying that for years.  I believe it now more than ever.

Hubris, bad karma, you name it.  Danny will never be a winner.  NEVER EVER.

And he will never sell the team.  How old is he?  45 or 50?  Barring the unforeseen that's another 30 years at least til he croaks.

Then maybe this team will have a chance.  But not before.

This guy and this team somehow always finds a way to outdo itself.   Remember his first year?  Deion Sanders... Bruce Smith...Mark Carrier. 

Adam Archuleta.  Good god.

Everyone thought the team had hit absolute rock bottom with the Albert Haynesworth debacle.  Not even close.

Donovan McNabb

Steve Spurrier

Jim Fucking Zorn?

This list of stunning embarrassments just goes on and on and on.

Which all brings us to today.

The trade with the Rams for RG3 was born of such complete and utter desperation.  The only thing Danny knows how to do is go bigger.  It didn't work before?  Well this time let's go EVEN BIGGER.

Spoiled, impatient, petulant children sometimes get just what they deserve.  This is one of those times.

I'm sorry skins fans.  This will get better no time soon.  Not as long as Dan Snyder owns this team.  Dan Snyder will forever come up with new and different ways to embarrass this once proud team.  He will somehow invent new and different ways to fail miserably.

atomic

« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2013, 04:48:40 pm »
I felt the same way about Angelos but they have won the last 2 seasons. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2013, 05:04:30 pm »

Getting to the Super Bowl is the goal.  That way you are in the last game of the season.    It probably is hard to win with two different teams because most great coaches are switching teams all the time and personel plays a big part in winning and there is luck.  I think you woud be happy with a Super Bowl appearance. If the Ravens make the Super Bowl this year I will be overjoyed no matter what the outcome.
If the goal was to get TO the Super Bowl, no one would care about WINNING the Super Bowl. You're stupid. Winning the Super Bowl is everything.
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2013, 06:19:29 pm »

Angelos is detestable to say the least.  In the pantheon of horrible owners he is up there, but not nearly in the stratosphere of Snyder.  His karmic debt is considerable for sure, but has not reached the insurmountable platitudes that Snyder's has.

And for starters, he's got a real GM.

atomic

« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2013, 06:20:56 pm »

Angelos is detestable to say the least.  In the pantheon of horrible owners he is up there, but not nearly in the stratosphere of Snyder.  His karmic debt is considerable for sure, but has not reached the insurmountable platitudes that Snyder's has.

And Angelos's team doesn't have a racist name.

chaz

« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2013, 06:22:05 pm »

And Angelos's team doesn't have a racist name.
Yup.  There's that too.

atomic

« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2013, 06:22:36 pm »

If the goal was to get TO the Super Bowl, no one would care about WINNING the Super Bowl. You're stupid. Winning the Super Bowl is everything.

Your team has 3 meaningless games left. I am sure you would be much happier if your team was going to the super bowl. I think I got into you with this stupid argument before.  Your an idiot when it comes to sports.  And you get mad about them. If sports make you mad than you should stop paying attention to them.

shemptiness

« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2013, 08:32:16 pm »

Won what?  More games than they lost?  Is that the goal?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2013, 11:08:40 pm »
dear lord . . . there is a blank space where the name should be on the main screen next to who started this thread.  it is a sign.  a big black space.  the next coach will be black. 

hutch

« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2013, 11:51:02 pm »
''What I'm trying to do is be as honest as I can. And I don't normally do that.''
Mike Shanahan
December 12, 2013