Author Topic: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux  (Read 218248 times)

atomic

Re: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2013, 05:59:19 pm »
While I would think at least 50% of the population (plus, additionally only me, apparently), would find use of the word cun* offensive, I'm betting most of them wouldn't find use of the word "darned" offensive. But I've been wrong on numerous occasions in my life.

Or, if you're referring to the word "redskins", I think you have to think about context. A guy insulting a guy by referring to him as a female body part is more derogatory than referring to a team as "redskins", imo.

I find it funny that James Ford is all upset about a word being used in a thread whose very title is more offensive and he hasn't complained about that yet.  Come on the NFL Landover team is super offensive.  Lets change that first and maybe the bad karma will go away.

You think that more people being offended by the one you are offended by is that there are a ton of women in the country and we have done a good job of removing native Americans from anywhere around us?  I would state that probably around 50 percent of VA, MD and DC is made up of woman.  How many Native Americans are left in this area? 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2013, 06:03:32 pm »
jesus christ . . . james ford, really is, a cunt.

vansmack

« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2013, 06:06:45 pm »

but i'm pretty sure there are more first-rounders who have become franchise QBs, than late rounders (Brady is the obvious exception, but for every low-round star you point out i'll name you 3 first rounders). 

Really what quarterback not named Manning has been drafted in the top 10 picks and has made it even to the super bowl recently

Ones that are not top 10 picks.

In typical fashion, you altered the argument to suit your needs.  Sweetcell said first round, you then narrowed it down top 10, and then listed Super Bowl QB's and not "franchise" QBs.

Making a Super Bowl does not make you a franchise QB.
27>34

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2013, 06:16:06 pm »

...but it does get you paid.  On man, do you get PAID.

Brian

James Ford

« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2013, 06:20:19 pm »
Who asked you, faggot? :P

Yada

« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2013, 06:45:49 pm »
Who asked you, faggot? :P

Smiley face isults still hurt feelings.

vansmack

« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2013, 06:46:50 pm »
Evil Santa must be on vacation or something....
27>34

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2013, 06:47:28 pm »
stop calling me a bundle of sticks.

stevewizzle

« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2013, 07:01:08 pm »
gotta love that moment on this forum where the conversation gets lost by pages of james ford and atomic battling about who is the bigger doodoohead.

atomic

« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2013, 07:13:47 pm »

but i'm pretty sure there are more first-rounders who have become franchise QBs, than late rounders (Brady is the obvious exception, but for every low-round star you point out i'll name you 3 first rounders). 

Really what quarterback not named Manning has been drafted in the top 10 picks and has made it even to the super bowl recently

Ones that are not top 10 picks.

In typical fashion, you altered the argument to suit your needs.  Sweetcell said first round, you then narrowed it down top 10, and then listed Super Bowl QB's and not "franchise" QBs.

How else can you logically state the Quaterback is worth taking?  WTF does "Franchise Quarterback mean"?  The best quarterbacks get you to the super bowl during their career.  Any other method of measure is bullshit because getting to the super bowl is the goal.  I don't think it is any teams plans to disappoint the fans year after year with their QB pick..

I was using the top 10 as the landover Nfl team already had a top 10 pick and they didn't need to trade up.  I said it was a terrible move at the time to trade up.  If you have 3 top 10 picks odds are you going to get at least 2 all pro type players.  Well at least that is how it has been for the Ravens.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2013, 07:33:19 pm »
no evil santa doesn't usually read sports threads and he and I both agree the C word is on the to be avoid list...
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2013, 08:19:26 am »

atomic

« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2013, 09:54:28 am »
gotta love that moment on this forum where the conversation gets lost by pages of james ford and atomic battling about who is the bigger doodoohead.

Actually once again you are clueless.  James Ford is not arguing about me at all.  I haven't used any offensive words.  Not the Landover football team name, not the "N" word, not the "C"  word.....  The shitty Vermont beer you have been drinking has destroy your brain cells evidently.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2013, 02:09:25 pm »
im a little upset . . . that i was not referred to as a, doodoohead.

atomic

« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2013, 02:59:26 pm »
im a little upset . . . that i was not referred to as a, doodoohead.

James Ford and WalkOnBy were the doodooheads.