Author Topic: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux  (Read 214760 times)

hutch

Re: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 08:46:44 am »
man they suck...

atomic

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 10:58:48 am »
man they suck...

At least they will get a good draft pick.  Time to change the name.  Karma is a bitch.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 11:08:28 am »
is anyone still using newgrounds?  i didn't know that it was still active.  yeah, that sounds like the right home for skins fans.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 11:11:57 am »
man they suck...

At least they will get a good draft pick.  Time to change the name.  Karma is a bitch.
Good draft pick? They don't have a first rounder. They traded it for Bob. Our next first draft pick should be in 2016 draft, I believe...

This team is terrible. There's nothing that you can bring up in a positive light. RG3 had no offseason to progress as a passer, when thrown into the fire he has no protection to get through his progressions and when he does get time he'll hit receivers in their hands and they drop the ball. He does overthrow people and try to force in balls, but the kid is being killed behind the line of scrimmage. Outside of Pierre Garcon, who else does he have to throw to now that Jordan Reed is out?

I'm willing to see another year of Shannahan, given 1 more year with a full offseason for Bob and a full salary cap to go after free agents instead of starting a bunch of rookies who are constantly being burned. Fire the special teams coach and fire the shit out of Jim Haslett. Tape him to a rocket and launch him into the sun.
‼‼?‼‼

atomic

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 11:45:47 am »
man they suck...

Good draft pick? They don't have a first rounder. They traded it for Bob. Our next first draft pick should be in 2016 draft, I believe...

This team is terrible. There's nothing that you can bring up in a positive light. RG3 had no offseason to progress as a passer, when thrown into the fire he has no protection to get through his progressions and when he does get time he'll hit receivers in their hands and they drop the ball. He does overthrow people and try to force in balls, but the kid is being killed behind the line of scrimmage. Outside of Pierre Garcon, who else does he have to throw to now that Jordan Reed is out?

I'm willing to see another year of Shannahan, given 1 more year with a full offseason for Bob and a full salary cap to go after free agents instead of starting a bunch of rookies who are constantly being burned. Fire the special teams coach and fire the shit out of Jim Haslett. Tape him to a rocket and launch him into the sun.

I know they don't have a first round pick.  I was the one who said the trade for RGIII was terrible when it was made.  You can't give that many picks away.   The landover, md nfl team thinks too short-term.  You are never going to do well at anything with a plan like they have.

stevewizzle

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 12:22:27 pm »
man they suck...

I know they don't have a first round pick.  I was the one who said the trade for RGIII was terrible when it was made.  You can't give that many picks away.   The landover, md nfl team thinks too short-term.  You are never going to do well at anything with a plan like they have.

so what you meant to say was "at least st. louis will get a good draft pick"

i must say, this disaster is really fun to watch play out as a non-washington football team fan.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 11:30:04 am »
I wasn't really expecting them to win the division again coming off of the MCL/LCL surgery, but his mobility last year masked the problems they had on the offensive line. Now that they don't want him to move around as much, he's just taking a beating. If Shannahan does survive the offseason, I sincerely hope he stacks that offensive line and brings in some people who can catch the fucking ball, get open, and get some god damn yards after the catch.

How have about 4 coaches come through in the past 8 years and EVERYONE seems to just think our passing game is screens? Jesus Christ.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 11:58:28 am »
is it correct that they will be able to spend way more money next year?

the first thing in deciding whether to fire him is can you replace him with anyone better...

I like Pete Carroll's assistants/coordinators.. they pretty much run the Seahawks is the impression I get..

I think changes in the way the game is played mean that guys like Cowher are pretty much relics...

I'd be tempted to give Cousins the rest of the season and see what he does...why risk RGIII in what is a hopeless cause with little upside?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 12:46:59 pm »
They were hit with an 18 million dollar cap penalty in 2013 and 2012, so 18 million will definietly go a long way when it comes to free agency. There are also a lot of contracts expiring this year that will probably not be renewed.

I wouldn't fire Shannahan, I'd fire Jim Haslett and whoever runs the special teams. Their work has been completely unacceptable this year and every year since Jim Haslett has taken over the defense.

I like Kyle, he does what he can with the offense. When RG3 is 100%, that offense runs like an unstoppable machine and Kyles play calling had a nice amount to do with that.

RG3 needs to work on his progressions in real time. Benching him does him no good. They need to work on moving the pocket and protection schemes for him though, if not you ARE risking his health the rest of the year. I don't think you can bench him though.
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 01:11:43 pm »
Fire them all.  Shannehan made the decision to go to a 3-4 scheme when he had 4-3 personnel.    The fucked up d is on him.  The d was pretty good before he got here. 

I honestly don't see this franchise ever turning it around.  I care very little at this point. 

hutch

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 02:34:02 pm »
Fire them all.  Shannehan made the decision to go to a 3-4 scheme when he had 4-3 personnel.    The fucked up d is on him.  The d was pretty good before he got here. 

I honestly don't see this franchise ever turning it around.  I care very little at this point. 

when the Redskins are so bad it rather embitters the town....

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 03:32:51 pm »

Yeah, it blows my mind how they were a top 5-10 defense for a few years leading into Shannahan and he decided to flip the scheme without bringing in much different personnel to actually run that scheme. Any fucking defense can be turned around within 4 years. Insane.
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 04:08:59 pm »

this is the problem with the washington sports fans.  they are so damn apathetic. take a lesson from boston, run some players out of town, create media shitstorms, boo your teams for underachieving.  don't simply "stop caring" when they start sucking.  care more, and call out who deserves to be called out.  the likes of dc sports bog and adam kilgore might be respectable sports journalists, but you need that asshole like TJ Simers or Dan Shaughnessy to show that your fanbase gives a shit.  until then, washington will always be a second-tier sports town.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 04:37:05 pm »

this is the problem with the washington sports fans.  they are so damn apathetic. take a lesson from boston, run some players out of town, create media shitstorms, boo your teams for underachieving.  don't simply "stop caring" when they start sucking.  care more, and call out who deserves to be called out.  the likes of dc sports bog and adam kilgore might be respectable sports journalists, but you need that asshole like TJ Simers or Dan Shaughnessy to show that your fanbase gives a shit.  until then, washington will always be a second-tier sports town.

Some of this may be true, but I've been a marginal nfl fan at best for at least a decade. 

I don't think any media hero could save this team.  I mean, Snyder owns their radio affiliate.  I think the fanbase gives a shit to a fault. 

I don't think my apathy towards the team is emblematic of the average football fan in this town.  Then again, I don't really hang out with a lot of crazy skins fans so I could be totally wrong.