Author Topic: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux  (Read 219073 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:39:50 pm by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux
« Reply #212 on: January 08, 2014, 11:35:10 am »
Pretty funny how Sally never spent any time near the team until the last 3 weeks of the season and has no inside sources within the organization outside of Mike Shannahan.

Seriously, is anyone actually believing this obvious smear campaign? This is just coming off as petty to me now.
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #213 on: January 08, 2014, 12:21:03 pm »
I don't doubt that rg3 has a bit of a prima donna streak, but Sally Jenkins is a joke.  I don't even bother reading what she writes.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #214 on: January 08, 2014, 01:20:35 pm »
People had nothing but great things to say about him from high school, through college, and all of his teammates on the Skins... Yes, they aren't going to throw a guy under the bus, but none of these "leaks" are coming from anyone in that locker room... Regardless, glad Shannahan is gone.
‼‼?‼‼

ggw

« Reply #215 on: January 08, 2014, 01:31:30 pm »
none of these "leaks" are coming from anyone in that locker room.

Where are they coming from?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #216 on: January 08, 2014, 02:21:55 pm »

I think he's saying it's all coming from Shannehan.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #217 on: January 08, 2014, 03:16:17 pm »

I follow a few of the beat reporters on Twitter and read articles from the guys who are actually in contact with the players and in the locker room [or were] after games and during the week. Hell, most of the players even supported Shannahan and wanted him to stay. It's so odd. Everyone supported the coach AND the QB, and no one could figure out who was leaking this information. It just all stinks and points right back to the coach. It's so stupid. He's trying to protect himself and his legacy. Even his son is trying to distance himself from what his father is doing because he sees what a train wreck it was. He wanted to prove he was right by starting Kirk Cousins and it blew up in his face. Smeer everyone on the way out.
‼‼?‼‼

atomic

« Reply #218 on: January 08, 2014, 03:31:30 pm »

I follow a few of the beat reporters on Twitter and read articles from the guys who are actually in contact with the players and in the locker room [or were] after games and during the week. Hell, most of the players even supported Shannahan and wanted him to stay. It's so odd. Everyone supported the coach AND the QB, and no one could figure out who was leaking this information. It just all stinks and points right back to the coach. It's so stupid. He's trying to protect himself and his legacy. Even his son is trying to distance himself from what his father is doing because he sees what a train wreck it was. He wanted to prove he was right by starting Kirk Cousins and it blew up in his face. Smeer everyone on the way out.

How was Shanahan stupid. He gets paid 7 million to do nothing this year.  He is actually pretty smart.

Re: That Darned Washington NFL Team, Pt. Deux
« Reply #219 on: January 08, 2014, 03:42:28 pm »
Pretty funny how Sally never spent any time near the team until the last 3 weeks of the season and has no inside sources within the organization outside of Mike Shannahan.
Says a guy on a messageboard.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:40:06 pm by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #220 on: January 08, 2014, 03:45:46 pm »
ooh . . . burn.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #221 on: January 08, 2014, 03:49:44 pm »

How was Shanahan stupid. He gets paid 7 million to do nothing this year.  He is actually pretty smart.
I didn't say he was stupid, I said the situation is stupid. He got his money, he doesn't have to coach a team, I don't understand why he has to drag the owner and the quarterback down with him. Hence the pettiness.
‼‼?‼‼

Re: That Darned Washington NFL Team, Pt. Deux
« Reply #222 on: January 08, 2014, 03:56:48 pm »
ooh . . . burn.
Nothing against DFA1979. You see all these Landover fans coming out of the woodwork to trash a reporter's connections to the team based on...?? Its ridiculous, and it just shows inherent bias. Of course you're not going to like a report that makes RG3 look bad (and Shanahan look good/better by extension): RG3 is still on your favorite team and Shanahan is not. No one has ever quit being a fan of their favorite team because a coach was fired. (Excepting, of course, family members of said coaches.)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:40:27 pm by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #223 on: January 08, 2014, 04:13:43 pm »
I mean, I don't really care for articles that make him out to be an angel. He's a human. For me it's more that this is an obvious smear campaign. People have said RG3 sucked since before we even drafted him, people are always going to say that. Hell, people say Peyton Manning sucks. It comes with being a sports fan. I just think this whole thing is ridiculous. He's on vacation with his wife and the team is looking for a coach. Everything about the old coach should have left with him.
‼‼?‼‼

atomic

« Reply #224 on: January 08, 2014, 05:34:37 pm »
ooh . . . burn.
Nothing against DFA1979. You see all these Landover fans coming out of the woodwork to trash a reporter's connections to the team based on...?? Its ridiculous, and it just shows inherent bias. Of course you're not going to like a report that makes RG3 look bad (and Shanahan look good/better by extension): RG3 is still on your favorite team and Shanahan is not. No one has ever quit being a fan of their favorite team because a coach was fired. (Excepting, of course, family members of said coaches.)

I stopped being a fan of the Capitals when Bruce Bordeau got fired.