Author Topic: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux  (Read 219032 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux
« Reply #225 on: January 08, 2014, 05:43:11 pm »
So, you were a Capitals fan, and rooted for them to win, but when they fired a coach you lost all desire to continute rooting for that team? Were you just rooting for Bruce? Are you now rooting for the Ducks?
‼‼?‼‼

atomic

« Reply #226 on: January 08, 2014, 06:18:34 pm »
So, you were a Capitals fan, and rooted for them to win, but when they fired a coach you lost all desire to continute rooting for that team? Were you just rooting for Bruce? Are you now rooting for the Ducks?

No not rooting for anyone.  The team was boring when Mcphee forced Bruce to play the trap.  And then when Hunter took over they were unwatchable.  The unwatchable led to be stop rooting for the team.  Then there was the lock-out which helped me become even less interested in the team, if that was even possible.

But I would rather Bruce win in Anaheim than the Capitals win.  He seems like a nice guy and he really saved the franchise. He was rewarded by being fired.

shemptiness

« Reply #227 on: January 08, 2014, 08:02:46 pm »

No not rooting for anyone.  The team was boring when Mcphee forced Bruce to play the trap.  And then when Hunter took over they were unwatchable.  The unwatchable led to be stop rooting for the team.  Then there was the lock-out which helped me become even less interested in the team, if that was even possible.

But I would rather Bruce win in Anaheim than the Capitals win.  He seems like a nice guy and he really saved the franchise. He was rewarded by being fired.

You're really an anti-fan.  A fan supports the team he loves, regardless.  You go to games to be entertained and to drink beer.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #228 on: January 09, 2014, 10:27:06 am »

So, if the Caps ever win a Cup you won't be happy? You're a loser.
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
‼‼?‼‼

ggw

« Reply #230 on: January 09, 2014, 11:12:32 am »

hutch

« Reply #231 on: January 09, 2014, 11:16:34 am »
I dont' know about this...

"Gruden's hire also brings him into a working marriage with Redskins general manager Bruce Allen, who worked for years with former Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden in Tampa Bay.

Darlington reported that Jim Haslett is expected to stay on as defensive coordinator. Gruden previously served under Haslett as offensive coordinator with the UFL's Florida Tuskers.

The Redskins also are expected to promote tight ends coach Sean McVay to offensive coordinator, according to ESPN."

i am gay and i like cats

slappy

« Reply #233 on: January 09, 2014, 11:20:19 am »
The team was boring when Mcphee forced Bruce to play the trap. 

WTF are you talking about? McPhee didn't force BB to play a trap defense.
Show me one credible link that says McPhee forced the trap.

Winning the President's Trophy, then losing in the first round of the playoffs with a leaky defense, precipitated a more conservative approach. The 'force' was the 7-0 loss to NYR after an 8 game losing streak the next season.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #234 on: January 09, 2014, 11:39:23 am »
I dont' know about this...

"Gruden's hire also brings him into a working marriage with Redskins general manager Bruce Allen, who worked for years with former Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden in Tampa Bay.

Darlington reported that Jim Haslett is expected to stay on as defensive coordinator. Gruden previously served under Haslett as offensive coordinator with the UFL's Florida Tuskers.

The Redskins also are expected to promote tight ends coach Sean McVay to offensive coordinator, according to ESPN."
Also not a fan of him kind of being in bed with Bruce, but Raheem Morris was said to be bumped up to defensive coordinator [current defensive backs coach]. We'll see what he decides. This guy also had deep ties in Tennessee, but he was one of the top candidates. So we'll see what happens. I'll remain pessimistic.
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #235 on: January 09, 2014, 11:41:56 am »

Winning the President's Trophy, then losing in the first round of the playoffs with a leaky defense, precipitated a more conservative approach. The 'force' was the 7-0 loss to NYR after an 8 game losing streak the next season.

The team was branded as being shut down in the playoffs and could not keep teams off the score board so Bruce instilled a more defensive mindset and it failed. Dale Hunter came in and was all defense and didn't even really care about coaching the team, so he left. I have faith in Adam Oates. I like his offensive style, and there is a lot of young, tough talent on the team that is picking up the 3rd and 4th lines and on the defensive ends. Everyone's just got to start clicking heading into the Olympic break. Don't want to go into a funk before an extended break.
‼‼?‼‼

atomic

« Reply #236 on: January 09, 2014, 02:20:24 pm »

The team was branded as being shut down in the playoffs and could not keep teams off the score board so Bruce instilled a more defensive mindset and it failed. Dale Hunter came in and was all defense and didn't even really care about coaching the team, so he left. I have faith in Adam Oates. I like his offensive style, and there is a lot of young, tough talent on the team that is picking up the 3rd and 4th lines and on the defensive ends. Everyone's just got to start clicking heading into the Olympic break. Don't want to go into a funk before an extended break.

I couldn't care less how they do this season or next.  But I don't think the team has a lot of young talent.  And you argued with me when I said the Erat was a bad deal.   I think I have watched on game with Oates at the helm. It was boring.  Bruce had the team playing exciting hockey.  I watched him coach in Hershey and he made the game exciting there too. If all the coaches coached like Bruce the league would have a lot more fans.  Anyway hockey is dead to me.  I don't care what happens to the team.   I wouldn't go to the game if you paid me.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #237 on: January 09, 2014, 06:28:12 pm »
Yet all that exciting hockey didn't translate into a Stanley Cup...
‼‼?‼‼

atomic

« Reply #238 on: January 09, 2014, 06:30:23 pm »
Yet all that exciting hockey didn't translate into a Stanley Cup...

All that boring hockey didn't lead to Stanley Cup either. If I am paying to go to a game or watching it on TV I want it to be intersting.  But once again arguing with you is pointless as all you care about winning a championship and you always are terribly disappointed.

shemptiness

« Reply #239 on: January 10, 2014, 11:36:37 am »