Author Topic: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux  (Read 219158 times)

stevewizzle

Re: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux
« Reply #255 on: January 24, 2014, 09:44:19 pm »
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/01/24/redskins-name-debate-reaches-united-nations/

a sample of what can be found in the comments section:

"All of these stinking, whiny, fascistic liberals purport that they like pure democracy and majority rule, so lets have a vote among the members of all Native American tribes to either keep Indian names for teams or get rid of them all together. The reason they won't do this ... because it's well known that the vast majority of Native Americans are NOT offended and most like the names. Stinking, whiny liberals don't really like a straight majority rule or a democracy of any kind. Each individual liberal is a narcissistic, pathetic, little, fascist dictator wanna-be that wants to impose and force their own beliefs and feelings on everyone else. Just like their messiah, the Islamic Sultan, Obama."

stevewizzle

« Reply #256 on: January 24, 2014, 09:45:07 pm »
also, walkie, where do you find half this shit? 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #257 on: January 24, 2014, 10:05:47 pm »
i am obsessed with reading news on the net.  not having cable for eight years will do that to you.

atomic

« Reply #258 on: January 25, 2014, 12:01:10 am »
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/01/24/redskins-name-debate-reaches-united-nations/

a sample of what can be found in the comments section:

"All of these stinking, whiny, fascistic liberals purport that they like pure democracy and majority rule, so lets have a vote among the members of all Native American tribes to either keep Indian names for teams or get rid of them all together. The reason they won't do this ... because it's well known that the vast majority of Native Americans are NOT offended and most like the names. Stinking, whiny liberals don't really like a straight majority rule or a democracy of any kind. Each individual liberal is a narcissistic, pathetic, little, fascist dictator wanna-be that wants to impose and force their own beliefs and feelings on everyone else. Just like their messiah, the Islamic Sultan, Obama."

Well the guy bringing to the United Nations seems like he is against it.  The name is obviously offensive.  I wish they would just change it already. 

atomic

« Reply #260 on: April 02, 2014, 10:57:40 am »
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2014/03/28/dan_snyder_gary_edwards_did_the_owner_of_the_washington_nfl_team_bother.html

Why do you need to announce your gifts to Native American groups. Just give them money if you actually want to help. Peter Angelos doesn't advertise the gifts the Orioles and he gives to charities.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #261 on: April 02, 2014, 11:08:28 am »
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2014/03/28/dan_snyder_gary_edwards_did_the_owner_of_the_washington_nfl_team_bother.html

Why do you need to announce your gifts to Native American groups. Just give them money if you actually want to help. Peter Angelos doesn't advertise the gifts the Orioles and he gives to charities.

It's so transparent...if not for the bad press over the name he'd never be giving these groups his money.

ggw

« Reply #262 on: April 16, 2014, 10:15:51 pm »
New uniform design:

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #263 on: April 16, 2014, 10:36:38 pm »
Arizona State called and they'd like their UNIFORMZ back.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #264 on: April 17, 2014, 09:33:24 am »
New uniform design:

Those are piss ugly. Where did you find this? I haven't been able to pull anything up. Every year there are rumors of new uniforms.
‼‼?‼‼

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #265 on: April 17, 2014, 09:37:18 am »
Looks like a retouch of this:

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #266 on: April 17, 2014, 10:54:31 am »
These were the rumored "new uniforms" from last year:
‼‼?‼‼

ggw

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #269 on: April 24, 2014, 02:09:00 pm »
I've said it before and I will say it again.  This team will never be a consistent contender while Snyder is at the top.  Sure they may have the occasional winning record.  But they will never be a serious threat to do anything in the NFL.

Cursed.  Yes, they are cursed.