Author Topic: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux  (Read 219103 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: That Darned Washington NFL Team, Pt. Deux
« Reply #270 on: April 24, 2014, 02:14:28 pm »
Cursed.  Yes, they are cursed.
It's like that house in Poltergeist that was built on the Native American burial ground! I wonder what Snyder could do to reverse the mojo?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:39:00 pm by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux
« Reply #271 on: April 24, 2014, 02:23:27 pm »
It's like that house in Poltergeist that was built on the Native American burial ground! I wonder what Snyder could do to reverse the mojo?
Yes something like that!  Team will be clean when he sells it!

Re: That Darned Washington NFL Team, Pt. Deux
« Reply #272 on: April 24, 2014, 02:28:10 pm »
Yes something like that!  Team will be clean when he sells it!
Not really the solution I was envisioning, but ok!!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:37:27 pm by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #273 on: April 25, 2014, 07:43:41 am »
I've said it before and I will say it again.  This team will never be a consistent contender while Snyder is at the top.  Sure they may have the occasional winning record.  But they will never be a serious threat to do anything in the NFL.

i wonder how much he could get for selling the franchise now...its a bit diminished ..so the strange thing is his incentive to sell will be higher when they win....cause he can then get a higher price..but if he wins he will not want to sell..

i think snyder will own the team for the rest of our lives... at least another 30-40 years

heather

« Reply #274 on: April 25, 2014, 11:26:44 am »
i think snyder will own the team for the rest of our lives... at least another 30-40 years

i think you're right, unfortunately. my impression is that he's the "ultimate" fan, and that ego would never allow him to relinquish his control or concede on any point (e.g. the name).

chaz

« Reply #275 on: April 25, 2014, 11:27:04 am »
I've said it before and I will say it again.  This team will never be a consistent contender while Snyder is at the top.  Sure they may have the occasional winning record.  But they will never be a serious threat to do anything in the NFL.

i wonder how much he could get for selling the franchise now...its a bit diminished ..so the strange thing is his incentive to sell will be higher when they win....cause he can then get a higher price..but if he wins he will not want to sell..

He will never sell this team.  He will die and all his kids and wives will fight over the scraps.

chaz

« Reply #276 on: April 25, 2014, 11:37:18 am »
There are few things in this world I have a fatalistic view of....this team is one of them.

hutch

« Reply #277 on: May 04, 2014, 11:50:57 pm »
Snyder ranked worse- yes 32- owner in the league

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfls-best-owners-221600785--nfl.html

ggw

« Reply #278 on: May 09, 2014, 04:40:17 pm »
?The Washington Redskins announced today the 10 members of the organization selected to join the 70 Greatest Redskins named in 2002 and complete the 80 Greatest Redskins of All-Time,? the team?s Web site announced in the summer of 2012. That?s a bunch of greatness in one sentence. Former linebacker LaVar Arrington was among the 10 men ?selected by fans and a blue ribbon panel? to join that list of great Redskins.

But being named a Redskins great is different than marketing yourself as a Redskins great, and so Dan Snyder recently sent Arrington a cease-and-desist letter about a flier for his football tackling camps that refers to him as a ?Redskins great? and includes a photo of him in a Redskins uniform.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/daniel-snyder-issues-cease-and-desist-letter-to--former-redskins-great--lavar-arrington-173522524.html

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #279 on: May 12, 2014, 11:22:00 am »
?The Washington Redskins announced today the 10 members of the organization selected to join the 70 Greatest Redskins named in 2002 and complete the 80 Greatest Redskins of All-Time,? the team?s Web site announced in the summer of 2012. That?s a bunch of greatness in one sentence. Former linebacker LaVar Arrington was among the 10 men ?selected by fans and a blue ribbon panel? to join that list of great Redskins.

But being named a Redskins great is different than marketing yourself as a Redskins great, and so Dan Snyder recently sent Arrington a cease-and-desist letter about a flier for his football tackling camps that refers to him as a ?Redskins great? and includes a photo of him in a Redskins uniform.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/daniel-snyder-issues-cease-and-desist-letter-to--former-redskins-great--lavar-arrington-173522524.html
This made me laugh. I loved Arrington on the field, as I've listened to his radio show, I've come to like him a lot less. He seems nice enough. Just something about him.

I don't think the team is cursed. If Bobby Griff is healthy, they're a contender. Maybe not a top seed, but wild card, why not? DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garcon? That's insane! Plus Jordan Reed. Offense should be more fun to watch this year. Alf as the battering ram in the run game. Our offense looks exhausting. But, we are off season champions, so I'll wait and see.
‼‼?‼‼

atomic

« Reply #280 on: May 13, 2014, 11:30:40 am »

Snyder is a real-life troll.

hutch

« Reply #281 on: May 13, 2014, 11:46:04 am »

Snyder is a real-life troll.

you just wish the fans would boycott the team until he sold it...if nobody went to the games or bought all that gear.... they are very very profitable.. the minute they win 3 games in a row everybody forgets about snyder

« Reply #282 on: May 13, 2014, 12:13:21 pm »
I feel if the NFL had any balls, they'd copy the NBA's example and force him to sell the team, change the name, and ban all season-ticket owners for life for financially supporting a racist name WHICH IS MATERIALLY MUCH WORSE THAN STERLING'S COMMENTS.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #283 on: May 13, 2014, 12:22:11 pm »
I feel if the NFL had any balls, they'd copy the NBA's example and force him to sell the team, change the name, and ban all season-ticket owners for life for financially supporting a racist name WHICH IS MATERIALLY MUCH WORSE THAN STERLING'S COMMENTS.

I could support that...

Sterling the more I think about it the more I think he's going senile.... his recent statements on Magic for example...

I actually am not sure the NBA is within its rights to take away his team.....as much as I disagree with the statements he made

« Reply #284 on: May 13, 2014, 12:26:44 pm »

I could support that...

Sterling the more I think about it the more I think he's going senile.... his recent statements on Magic for example...

I actually am not sure the NBA is within its rights to take away his team.....as much as I disagree with the statements he made
I agree they have the right to take it away even if he has full blown dementia. How they take away his separated wife's 50% stake legally... completely other issue. She was spot on with her rhetorical question to Walters asking if an owners wife said something like this, do we believe for one second they'd take the team away from the male?
LVMH