Author Topic: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux  (Read 219093 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux
« Reply #465 on: November 17, 2014, 11:34:37 am »
1. Fuck Brian Mitchell. I'm sick of all these old players coming back to DC to make money off the team because people think they know shit even though they all fucking sucked. I heard Shaun Springs on the radio this morning. WHY? Come on.

2. There's no reason this team doesn't want to win with RG3. I just don't fucking understand it. Ok, not everyone in the locker room likes him, but could that group of guys REALLY just GIVE UP and lose on purpose? If so, then I just give up on this team. Did they give up on Kirk Cousins too? Is that what happened to him? RG3 had 1 good season under his belt and since then hasn't had the time to develop. If this season is going to be a hard lesson, fine. But him and the team have to realize that he has to utilize his legs. If those players are really being divas and saying "I don't want to win with this guy" then fuck all of them. That's not being on a team at all. There's a reason Kirk is a back up and Colt is a 3rd stringer on his.... 5th team? Come on.

That being said, this team is a fucking dumpster fire.
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #466 on: November 17, 2014, 11:47:58 am »
For years now I've been chuckling at the futility that is the Washington Redskins.  At this point I don't know what is more pathetic - the team, or the hapless fans that are actually standing by waiting for this team to turn it around.

Make no mistake.  This team will be a loser as long as Snyder is the owner.  And he's not selling, ever.  How old is he?  50, tops?   I'd say you have about 25-35 more years of being one of the biggest turkeys in the history of pro sports.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #467 on: November 17, 2014, 11:49:31 am »
What does his ownership have to do with it? You really think bringing in a whole new owner will change everything?

I'm done waiting around. The Redskins are what they are and their track record proves it. It sucks that they have made me really not like any football.
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #468 on: November 17, 2014, 12:00:01 pm »
What does his ownership have to do with it?

This question leads me to several conclusions:

You have not been paying any real attention to this team for the last 10+ years.

You have no concrete idea of how a professional sports organization runs or of the qualities it needs to be sucessful.

In fact, if you can't understand the importance of strong effective leadership you don't have much of a clue about anything.

ggw

« Reply #469 on: November 17, 2014, 12:01:43 pm »
Because Snyder is a total douchebag and karma will never let him succeed.  Remember how he threatened to bankrupt the City Paper unless they apologized for criticizing him?  Now that the U.S. Trademark office ruled that the Redskins name is disparaging what does Snyder do?  Does he appeal the federal decision?  No.  Instead he files personal lawsuits against the native Americans who first complained to the Trademark office.  Why?  Because he can threaten them with bankruptcy as well unless they withdraw their complaint.  He's a bully, and like most bullies, he's really just an insecure little pussy underneath.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #470 on: November 17, 2014, 12:03:28 pm »
Alright, so Dan Snyder makes all the football decisions in the organization? Leaving Bruce Allen to be his puppet? That's a rumor. A rumor that starts when the team blows hard on a consistent basis. Blaming the owner is just as easy as blaming the quarterback. All the years the team sucked before Snyder was it Jack Kent Cooks fault? Come on, man.
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #471 on: November 17, 2014, 12:05:07 pm »
Because Snyder is a total douchebag and karma will never let him succeed.  Remember how he threatened to bankrupt the City Paper unless they apologized for criticizing him?  Now that the U.S. Trademark office ruled that the Redskins name is disparaging what does Snyder do?  Does he appeal the federal decision?  No.  Instead he files personal lawsuits against the native Americans who first complained to the Trademark office.  Why?  Because he can threaten them with bankruptcy as well unless they withdraw their complaint.  He's a bully, and like most bullies, he's really just an insecure little pussy underneath.
So, no football decisions here, it's just karma? Come on. Like EVERY owner is a fucking angel? I'd rather him just fall back into the shadows and to his credit he has over the past few years, but I guess it's not enough. I really don't think him selling the team will turn the team around in.... oh, 5 years? I just don't. Unfortunately it's a cash cow and we won't know that for sure for a long time. Like Chaz said.
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #472 on: November 17, 2014, 12:12:36 pm »
you do realize, that this a game, played by grown men, who are all on drugs, that you know nothing really about because you have never played it at the level or the skill that they do.  could you please go find a cure for something, now?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #473 on: November 17, 2014, 12:17:51 pm »
Drugs are cool though
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #474 on: November 17, 2014, 12:21:46 pm »
DeSean Jackson; "You can't do epic (expletive) with basic people"

RGIII yesterday "It doesn't take one guy.. that's proven.. if you want to look at Peyton Manning or Rogers... those guys dont play well if....I need everyone in that locker room to play well"

RGIII is done in DC.  And Jay Gruden has been a huge dissapointment.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #475 on: November 17, 2014, 12:26:12 pm »
To be fair, Jay Gruden was brought here to win, not necessarily to win with RG3. He's been pretty vocal about "we'll see" when it comes to RG3 being the future of the franchise.

Bruce and Dan did some kind of job on Jay to kind of mask just how fucked up the environment is.

The line was garbage yesterday. He was hitting receivers in the hands yesterday and they were dropping it. I'm not sticking up for RG3, but he has a point. And DeSean Jackson has more than carried his weight this season. It's INSANE that he has been on this team for a couple months and he's been so vocal and shown leadership in that locker room. So insane.
‼‼?‼‼

lagas

« Reply #476 on: November 17, 2014, 12:29:28 pm »
I thin there's a way to know if the owner is the issue, but that requires real access to the organization or maybe a whistleblower who knows how things are run by leadership...then you have to compare it with organizations that have large-winning records, like the Patriots, Packers (personnel related decisions) or the Seahawks maybe, and then find where the differences are in coaching, drafting and free agency and how ownership affects those decisions.

But to change things around, I guess fans need to stop attending/watching games so the bottom line is affected, imo.
zorra

hutch

« Reply #477 on: November 17, 2014, 12:32:54 pm »
so the team gets rid of RGIII and starts over again...YET AGAIN....its just hopeless....

I never understood why they got Gruden.. they should have gotten somebody from the Seahawks....either their defensive or offensive coordinator...

do the Redskins have a first round pick in next year's draft?

as far as the fans.. they just keep supportign them no matter what....its unbelievable....the minute they win one game everybody jumps back on the bandwagon..

this team needs a new owner, new stadium, new name and obviously a new quaterback..

you can't beat Tampa at home after a bye week??? come on now... this may be their most pitiful loss yet....

the team does not want RGIII to win....

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #478 on: November 17, 2014, 12:36:10 pm »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #479 on: November 17, 2014, 02:34:36 pm »
so the team gets rid of RGIII and starts over again...YET AGAIN....its just hopeless....

I never understood why they got Gruden.. they should have gotten somebody from the Seahawks....either their defensive or offensive coordinator...

do the Redskins have a first round pick in next year's draft?

as far as the fans.. they just keep supportign them no matter what....its unbelievable....the minute they win one game everybody jumps back on the bandwagon..

this team needs a new owner, new stadium, new name and obviously a new quaterback..

you can't beat Tampa at home after a bye week??? come on now... this may be their most pitiful loss yet....

the team does not want RGIII to win....
I think eventually ownership and the organization will get the message. It may take awhile. Just look at how the stadium looks during the game. The Upper bowls are barely half full. Fans of the opposing team are going in there and filling out the stadium. It's sad. If that's what ownership wants, that's what they get. That stadium is PATHETIC on game day.
‼‼?‼‼