Author Topic: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux  (Read 219090 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux
« Reply #525 on: December 09, 2014, 10:45:26 am »
I wonder if Jay Gruden is beginning to worry he might be fired....
He sure doesn't seem to be acting like he's worried about that. He seems to be grabbing his crotch at management/ownership. I'm rooting for him, honestly. Someone needs to change the culture.
You think the skins Illuminati is going to take a cue from a rookie head coach?  No freaking chance.

I hope they fire him.  Not because I don't like him, but he'll never succeed.  I just want to witness a new search for a head coach.  If they fire him now they will be totally out of options.  No coach wants to come into that snake pit.  I wonder what the vegas odds are that Gruden lasts the season.  At this point I'm sure he wishes he could quit, but he knows it will devalue him.  But what's worse......that or continuing to be associated with this flaming pile of shit?

I love watching this team suffer and flounder.  They are dead to me.  Enjoy the next 35 years or so!
I heard yesterday he had gotten an offer from a college... Cripes I can't remember which one it was though...

EDIT: Also, I think Gruden knows that they will be out of options, maybe that's why he's being a little more brazen than a usual first year head coach. At this point I'm not sure his reputation has anything to lose. With all the leaks that come out of that front office and locker room.... It's ridiculous.

Also, RG3 punts a ball to himself for 40 minutes after practice: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2293254-robert-griffin-iii-punting-footballs-for-40-minutes-is-a-sad-inexplicable-story
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:49:53 am by DeathFromAbove1979 »
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #526 on: December 09, 2014, 11:14:56 am »
I heard yesterday he had gotten an offer from a college... Cripes I can't remember which one it was though...
pleasedontsaymichiganpleasedontsaymichiganpleasedontsaymichiganpleasedontsaymichiganpleasedontsaymichigan
pleasedontsaymichiganpleasedontsaymichiganpleasedontsaymichiganpleasedontsaymichiganpleasedontsaymichigan
pleasedontsaymichiganpleasedontsaymichiganpleasedontsaymichigan
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #527 on: December 09, 2014, 11:20:14 am »
pleasedontsaymichiganpleasedontsaymichiganpleasedontsaymichigan

Michigan coaching search: U-M reaches out to Jay Gruden's representatives, according to RealGM report

Jay Gruden Talked to Michigan About Head Coach Opening

Michigan Targeting Jay Gruden As Next Head Coach?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #528 on: December 09, 2014, 11:32:36 am »
*starts drinking*

*cocks gun*
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 11:34:46 am by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #529 on: December 09, 2014, 12:08:12 pm »
His contract is 20 million guaranteed over 5 years.  He'll just wait for them to fire him.  He's crazy if he walks.

ggw

« Reply #530 on: December 09, 2014, 12:17:10 pm »
All Gruden has to do is refuse to play RGIII.  Bruce Allen basically bet his whole career on Griffin by trading all those picks and convincing Snyder to go along with it.  So Allen is way too invested to allow benching or trading Griffin and Snyder will be forced to choose whether to fire Allen or Gruden.  Either way, Gruden wins.

chaz

« Reply #531 on: December 09, 2014, 12:24:10 pm »
All Gruden has to do is refuse to play RGIII.  Bruce Allen basically bet his whole career on Griffin by trading all those picks and convincing Snyder to go along with it.  So Allen is way too invested to allow benching or trading Griffin and Snyder will be forced to choose whether to fire Allen or Gruden.  Either way, Gruden wins.
The awesome thing is that Bruce Allen can't lose either....because if Snyder fires him that is him admitting he made a bad move.  And he won't do that.  Allen has at least 3 more years of rope.

chaz

« Reply #532 on: December 09, 2014, 12:26:56 pm »
It's actually incredible...the way this team steamrolls towards an epic 4 alarm meltdown EVERY season.  When you think it can't get and worse it does.  Re-defining what it means to plummet the depths of humiliation and futility.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #533 on: December 09, 2014, 12:38:40 pm »
It's actually incredible...the way this team steamrolls towards an epic 4 alarm meltdown EVERY season.  When you think it can't get and worse it does.  Re-defining what it means to plummet the depths of humiliation and futility.
Literally inventing new ways to suck and be a laughing stock.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #534 on: December 09, 2014, 01:05:16 pm »
I dont think Jay Gruden should get a pass because its the team from Landover..

I mean he doesn't seem to have the answers no matter who is the quaterback!

chaz

« Reply #535 on: December 09, 2014, 01:25:05 pm »

Don't you get it yet?

It doesn't matter who the coach is....this is a trickle down situation.  Shit rolls down hill.  Capish?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #536 on: December 09, 2014, 01:41:53 pm »

With a starter with no poise in the pocket and 2 backups.

And an insanely porous defense to boot.
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #537 on: December 09, 2014, 08:18:53 pm »
If they changed the name . . . The curse will be over.  Why don't they get that?  Native American's hate is forever.

Yada

hutch

« Reply #539 on: December 10, 2014, 06:23:22 pm »

With a starter with no poise in the pocket and 2 backups.

And an insanely porous defense to boot.

Then it was his job to identify these issues before the season, no?

I don't recall hearing him say "We're going to suck this year... RGIII blows and we have an insane porous defense.."

Or that the offensive line is inexistent

Somehow, I don't see Bellichik sucking week after week.. he makes, you know, adjustments? Finds players...changes things around....