Author Topic: Celebrity Crime & Scandal Blog  (Read 209193 times)

Re: Celebrity Crime & Scandal Blog
« Reply #435 on: March 14, 2019, 04:05:34 pm »
since when has the NYP started white-labeling Onion articles?
POTW
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #436 on: March 14, 2019, 07:14:57 pm »
ohhh, real-world consequences just keep rollin' in: Brands distance themselves from Lori Loughlin and daughter Olivia Jade
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #437 on: March 14, 2019, 08:26:56 pm »
They'll make it up in the book and film deal.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #438 on: March 15, 2019, 01:10:56 pm »
I thought for sure the Key Foundation got audited and then he spilt all for a more lenient sentence.

Nope.  This Yale dad snitched to help reduce a sentence on something COMPLETELY unrelated.
27>34

« Reply #439 on: March 19, 2019, 09:04:35 am »
Arrest warrant issued for Robert Kraft for soliciting sex.
The plot thickens and pulls Team Trump in....

Top Democrats in both the Senate and House have asked the FBI to launch criminal and counterintelligence investigations into "credible allegations of potential human trafficking, as well as unlawful foreign lobbying, campaign finance and other activities" by Li "Cindy" Yang, the founder of a chain of Florida massage parlors, NBC News reports.

The big picture: Yang, a Trump donor who was photographed with the president at a Super Bowl party last month, runs an investment firm believed to have been selling White House access to clients in China. She is a member of the "Florida Association for China Unification" — part of a global network of pro-government groups backed by the Chinese Communist Party. In their letter, the Democrats note that "China has frequently used non-traditional intelligence collectors and businesspersons to compromise targets."
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #440 on: March 26, 2019, 11:36:37 am »
In a stunning reversal, Chicago prosecutors on Tuesday dropped all charges against "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett just weeks after he was indicted on 16 felony counts for allegedly filing a false police report.

Smollett, 36, was seen arriving at a Chicago courtroom around 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday for an emergency hearing. Following his court appearance, his attorneys released a statement saying that the actor's "record has been wiped clean of the filing of this tragic complaint against him."

"Jussie was attacked by two people he was unable to identify on January 29th. He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public causing an inappropriate rush to judgement," the statement read.

"Jussie and many others were hurt by these unfair and unwarranted actions. This entire situation is a reminder that there should never be an attempt to prove a case in the court of public opinion. That is wrong. It is a reminder that a victim, in this case Jussie, deserves dignity and respect. Dismissal of charges against the victim in this case was the only just result."

Smollett was charged earlier this month by a grand jury of 16 felony counts of disorderly conduct for making a false report, according to a criminal complaint.

In February, he was charged with felony disorderly conduct after Chicago officers said he orchestrated his own alleged hate crime on himself in January because he was unhappy with his salary on the show "Empire."

His role on the Fox series, where he played Jamal Lyon, was cut from the final episodes of the fifth season "to avoid further disruption on set," the show's executive producers said in a joint statement on Feb. 22.
oword

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #441 on: March 26, 2019, 11:40:12 am »
That is the weirdest story ever.

EDIT: "After reviewing all of the facts and circumstances of the case, including Mr. Smollett’s volunteer service in the community and agreement to forfeit his bond to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case." - DA

Oh, so he absolutely did it, they just don't think a media circus is worth it to put him in jail over this foolishness and the forfeiture of his bond is a de facto fine for his actions.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 11:42:06 am by Julian, Thinly-Veiled Outrage IMPRESARIO »
LVMH

« Reply #442 on: March 26, 2019, 11:41:21 am »
^there has to be more than this...is the FBI taking the case so the local case was dropped
slack

« Reply #443 on: March 26, 2019, 11:42:35 am »
^there has to be more than this...is the FBI taking the case so the local case was dropped
See my edit.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #444 on: March 26, 2019, 11:44:20 am »

Yeah, I'm too confused to have an opinion and I don't really care.

I do hate his name. WTF names their kid "Jussie?" The same people who name their kids Jurnee and Jocqui.

« Reply #445 on: March 26, 2019, 12:00:44 pm »
Jussie Smollett; “Empire” actor will forfeit $10,000 bond (also seeing  Jussie Smollett's bond at $100,000 ?!)

that seems pretty light, I do think this will not slide in Trump Town and there will be some furious tweets and I'm sure a DOJ investigation
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 12:02:50 pm by Sïdehätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #446 on: April 04, 2019, 07:53:34 pm »
<sig>

LVMH

nkotb