Author Topic: BJM Roll Call  (Read 6993 times)

markie

Re: BJM Roll Call
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2005, 09:41:00 am »
The two recogniseable songs for me were When jokers attack and stolen. I always heckle for stolen, its a double entendre, dontcha know?

joz

« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2005, 09:50:00 am »
Originally posted by general grievous:

Originally posted by joz:
  it's pretty telling that no one can name any of the songs they played on thurs.  
I happen to know they played stolen, and I wasnt even there, probably for the same reason you and Snail didnt go, but I dont know why you and Snail feel the need to take shots at the people who were there [/b]
don't mean to take shots; it's just my frustration at missing out on this show. if it weren't for my shitty work situation right now, i would have been outside at 7 waiting to get in.

renton007

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2005, 11:19:00 am »
(n00b alert)

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.  Here are some of the songs they played, in no particular order:

Let Me Stand Next To Your Flower
 Going to Hell
 This Is Why You Love Me
 Satellite
 Servo
 When Jokers Attack
 Hide and Seek
 Stolen

Nothing from Thank God For Mental Illness, one other tune from Take It From (can't remember the title).  

Much thanks to Big Yawn and DC9 for bringing BJM to town.  I enjoyed the night.

markie

« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2005, 11:43:00 am »
Originally posted by renton007:
  (n00b alert)

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.  
Thanks for posting that. I remember recognising Satellite, but I cannot or do not remember how any of the other songs sound.

SPARX

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2005, 07:05:00 pm »
Here's some pics from the current tour:
 http://www.terrinelles.com/galleries/bjm2/index.htm

falconetti

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2005, 01:06:00 pm »
I think they also played Sailor and Wisdom - but things are a little hazy - thanks to the heat.  
 Overall, I thought BJM was pretty disappointing. I have been a fan since SOIH - but hadn't seen them live before (they had cancelled a couple of shows in KC/Lawrence)- so maybe I just expected more. Their sound was really thin - especially for three guitarists - and they didn't have hardly any stage presence at all.  Often the lead guitar lines - like on Jokers and Hell - were difficult to hear and they didn't vary guitar tone hardly at all.  They had banterless long pauses between songs.  They also did a ridiculous 20 minute feedback/guitar effects jam that was only made marginally interesting because of the drummer's varying fast fills. I thought both Innaway and The Quarter After sounded better and engaged the crowd better.  BJM seemed really unprofessional coming after TQA. As mentioned, at least Anton did not berate the crowd  or bandmembers and he remembered the songs and lyrics. Of course, I might have left early - it was hard to tell because of their pauses.
 The crowd did appear to be newbies.  I gathered from their reactions they were familiar with only a few BJM songs - my guess is that they were the songs featured in Dig - but I haven't seen the movie so I'm not certain.  Judging from the some overheard talk a lot of them were there for a car-crash like spectacle.

ratioci nation

« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2005, 02:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by falconetti:
  Wisdom
can anybody confirm? One of my favorites

renton007

« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2005, 02:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by general grievous:

Originally posted by falconetti:
  Wisdom
can anybody confirm? One of my favorites [/b]
I can't confirm or deny if they played it, however, I remember someone called out for Wisdom a few times.  
 Anton said he would play it just to shut him up and then said 'just kidding'.  
 The guy accused anton of forgetting the song, which Anton denied, leading to the 'library' banter.

ratioci nation

« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2005, 02:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by renton007:
 I can't confirm or deny if they played it, however, I remember someone called out for Wisdom a few times.  
 Anton said he would play it just to shut him up and then said 'just kidding'.  
 The guy accused anton of forgetting the song, which Anton denied, leading to the 'library' banter.
this all just proves to me that Canker really was drunk, he remembered none of this when I asked him if Wisdom was played, even though he apparently played a role in the 'library' banter

markie

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2005, 03:07:00 pm »
I didn't hear anyone shout for wisdom.

I don't know how wisdom goes.

I was pretty fucked up.

What is a library?

SPARX

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2005, 03:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by joz:

anyone have the setlist?