Author Topic: Is it just me or....  (Read 4088 times)

sonickteam2

Is it just me or....
« on: September 27, 2004, 12:34:00 pm »
the federal govt sends SO much money to the people who lost thier homes and such in the hurricanes?  I mean, didnt they buy homes in a part of the country that gets nailed by hurricanes on a regular basis?  am i being really insensitive?  i mean, some of these people were complaining that they werent getting enough

if you dont want your house to get destroyed by a hurricane...then dont move to "hurricane country"

thirsty moore

Re: Is it just me or....
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 12:51:00 pm »
So, are you saying we should abandon the state of Florida all together and have a mass exodus to the Midwest?  Oh wait, that's tornado country.  How about we send them to the West Coast?  Nope, can't do that.  There's earthquakes out there.  Northeast?  Nope, blizzards.  Northwest?  Too many Canadians.  Southwest?  Droughts and desert.  What to do? What to do?

Bags

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 12:52:00 pm »
I think that's a little short-sighted.  So they should all live in the middle of Kansas?  Oops, but aren't there tornadoes there?

And it's really an aberration that there have been this many hurricanes in one season.  My family has lived in Pinellas County (Clearwater/St. Pete) since 1974 and we never evacuated before.  The pummelling of several hurricanes has taken a toll, and while you can get insurance, once you make a claim you usually get dropped.  This isn't just folks who live along the coast; this is inside the state as well.  The coast of N. Carolina has been hit more often than western or central Florida...until this year, that is.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 12:52:00 pm »
well. . .as a disaster area, they are eligible for federal money.  plus, after hurricane andrew, which bankrupted several insurance companies, florida law allowed insurance companies to raise premiums and deductables on hurricane damage in order to keep insurance companies in florida, or else they would have pulled out of florida, and homeowners would be covered by nothing.
OU812

ratioci nation

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 12:57:00 pm »
all those people who live in the caribbean are stupid for getting houses there as well

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 12:57:00 pm »
ok, ok.  apparently i am being too mean. perhaps i will move there too, so you guys can keep buying me a new house every other year or so

:)  

i guess it takes care of the need for cleaning out that pesky garage!

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2004, 12:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:
  all those people who live in the caribbean are stupid for getting houses there as well
now now, i didnt call anyone stupid, pollard.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2004, 12:59:00 pm »
although, this is the first time since 1870s (i can't remember) that a state has been hit 4 times in one season with such large storms.
OU812

ratioci nation

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2004, 01:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
well you called me a jackass for no reason before, so I was just giving you a reason now, a jackass is a terrible thing to waste

sonickteam2

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2004, 01:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:

well you called me a jackass for no reason before, so I was just giving you a reason now, a jackass is a terrible thing to waste [/b]
i called you a jackass for a reason.  you may not have deemed it a good one, but i did have a reason.

sonickteam2

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2004, 01:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by econo:
  So, are you saying we should abandon the state of Florida all together and have a mass exodus to the Midwest?  Oh wait, that's tornado country.  How about we send them to the West Coast?  Nope, can't do that.  There's earthquakes out there.  Northeast?  Nope, blizzards.  Northwest?  Too many Canadians.  Southwest?  Droughts and desert.  What to do? What to do?
some nice place you guy have here.    :D  

and where did you get abandoning Florida? and an exodus?

and Canadian's dont destroy homes do they?

ratioci nation

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004, 01:07:00 pm »
  i called you a jackass for a reason.  you may not have deemed it a good one, but i did have a reason.
oh... ok then

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2004, 03:05:00 pm »
On MSNBC they showed video of a capsized cabin cruiser.  The anchorwoman said, "Oh, those poor people."

sonickteam2

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2004, 03:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by marquee smith:
  On MSNBC they showed video of a capsized cabin cruiser.  The anchorwoman said, "Oh, those poor people."
:eek:  

the guy who sold it to them said it wouldnt flip over!

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2004, 03:24:00 pm »
Gosh, but I'm sure they're on foodstamps by now.  No more Grey Poupon for them.

-----
 "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
 -Joe Theismann