Author Topic: are The Police ticket prices a joke?  (Read 10976 times)

edbert

Re: are The Police ticket prices a joke?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 05:17:00 pm »
Did they have hidden backup singers when they played on the Grammys?  I heard at least two voices doing backup at one point when I could see the drummer dude definitely was not singing

Bags

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 05:18:00 pm »
Well, nkotb, I will say that I scored floor tix to the Who for $100.  And I overpaid for S&G and Madonna, no question.  I'd never seen either of them, though.  I won't see Madonna again; felt I needed to do it once.

I am usually not in to arena shows, but what's fun for me is that it tends to be a bit broader group going than my normal 'indie' concert crew.

Okay, Bonnarroo is in Tennessee.  There's a cost associated with going, no?  

Austin is my festival travel for the year.  Maybe Chicago for Pitchfork or Lolla.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 05:19:00 pm »
police = yawn! zzz
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 05:20:00 pm »
details about the BestBuy presale below... note the dates that I've highlighted - we now know when to expect more dates.  does anyone else think that the Washington DC date, now described as "Washington/Baltimore area", might be VFest?!?

Must be Reward Zone program member in good standing as of 2/1/07, 18 or older. Offer valid in 50 U.S./D.C. Concert Venues will be announced as they become available. See www.ticketmaster.com for latest official schedules. To participate, visit www.bestbuy.com/thepolice and follow online instructions to request Ticketmaster Presale Code for your chosen Concert Venue. For Concert Venues announced 2/12/07, Codes available from 6:00:00 a.m. local time 2/12/07 to 11:00:00 a.m. local time 2/16/07, while supplies last. For Concert Venues announced 2/20/07, 2/27/07 and 3/6/07, Codes available from 6:00:00 a.m. local time Tuesday to 11:00:00 a.m. local time Friday of that week, while supplies last. Codes and presale tickets are limited in quantity and available on a first come, first served basis. Code will appear on screen if request is successful. Print Code screen for your records. LIMIT ONE CODE PER MEMBER DURING PROMOTIONAL PERIOD. OBTAINING A CODE DOES NOT GUARANTEE ABILITY TO PURCHASE PRESALE TICKETS. If you receive a Code, visit www.ticketmaster.com during applicable presale period, and follow online instructions to enter Code for the opportunity to order presale tickets for that Concert Venue. For Concert Venues announced 2/12/07, presale begins 12:00:00 noon local time 2/13/07 to 12:00:00 noon local time 2/16/07, while supplies last. For Concert Venues announced 2/20/07, 2/27/07 and 3/6/07, presale begins 10:00:00 a.m. local time Wednesday to 12:00:00 noon local time Friday of that week, while supplies last. LIMIT ONE CODE ENTRY FOR MAXIMUM OF TWO PRESALE TICKETS PER MEMBER DURING PROMOTIONAL PERIOD. Times subject to change. "Local time" defined as time zone of applicable Concert Venue.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 05:22:00 pm »
also, for those who aren't part of this bestbuy reward zone thing - from ticketmaster.com:

Beginning February 13 at Noon, you can purchase tickets before the general public by ordering The Police Tour Fan Club Membership during the presale as part of your ticket purchase transaction, which will cost another $100 USD ($120 CDN).
 In approximately 10 business days, The Police Tour Fan Club will send you an email so that you can then activate your membership.

<sig>

jbcapati

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 05:25:00 pm »
Or you can  join the fan club for $100 to access the presale.  Are you kidding me?

I think there were some pre-recorded backing tracks during their performance last night.  And obviously Sting can't maintain the high octaves anymore.

vansmack

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 05:26:00 pm »
According to Best Buy advance code offers, this will be the order:  

Seattle, WA  06/06/07  Key Arena    
 Denver, CO  06/09/07  Pepsi Center  
 San Jose / Oakland, CA  TBD    
 Phoenix, AZ  06/18/07  US Airways    
 Los Angeles / Anaheim, CA TBD    
 Miami / Ft. Lauderdale, FL    
 Las Vegas, NV  06/15/07  MGM Grand    
 Dallas, TX  06/26/07  American Airlines    
 Tampa, FL    TBD
 Columbus, OH TBD  
 Detroit, MI  TBD  
 Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN   TBD
 Hartford, CT  TBD  
 New Orleans, LA  06/30/07  Arena  
 St. Louis, MO  07/01/07  Scottrade Center  
 Washington, DC  TBD  
 Chicago, IL  TBD  
 Boston, MA  07/28/07  Fenway Park
 New York City, NY  08/01/07  Madison Square Garden  
 New York City, NY  08/03/07  Madison Square Garden
27>34

Bags

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2007, 05:28:00 pm »
Okay, this fan club thing.  A friend just explained how the Stones do it -- " you know, what i'm not clear about is whether you can buy the membership when you buy the tickets.  in other words, you don't have to pre-buy the membership, you can wait till the onsale time and see what tickets come up.  they just would tack on $100 to the whole price of the tickets.  that's what the stones have done."

Okay, if that's the deal, that is the downright shittiest thing I have ever heard.  That is NOT about the fan club, that is about charging $100 for early access.  YUCK.

I am appalled, and those of you on here who kinda know me know that I'm willing to throw money at shit to make it work or easy, but that is just NASTY.

Forget it.  If I miss 'em I miss 'em, even though they were my very very favorite band from 14 to 24.  Even more than the Smiths in college, or Foo Fighters now.  Still, I cannot condone that shit.

>rant over<

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2007, 05:44:00 pm »
Yeah - that's how the Stones did it too.  But I think that's the normal cost for a Stones fan club membership anyway - tour or not.

My guess is you can still get decent seats for $90.  Yeah - The best Who tix are about $200, but you could get good 100-level seats for $100.

When tickets go on sale, just immediately go for the $90 seats - not "Best available".  They probably won't be too bad.

shemptiness

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2007, 05:50:00 pm »
That is the deal.  You can fork over the additional $100 at the time of purchase if you so choose.

eros

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2007, 06:06:00 pm »
From the J. Freedom Grammy chat...

"Could happen if they play a large enough venue. FedEx Field, for instance. Or, I don't know -- something a little bit more unconventional, like Pimlico. If they do smaller venues, though -- Nissan or Merriweather, for example -- then forget it because, you're right, the scalpers are going to wind up asking for the title to your car."

V-Fest anyone?
ʎɐʍou

Bags

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2007, 06:12:00 pm »
V-Fest anyone?
Thank god I'm going to Madison Square Garden.  I wouldn't want V-fest to be my only show.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2007, 06:18:00 pm »
heh, i beat you to the VFest guess   :)  

i like the police, but i'm not willing to pay $100+ for a mediocre seat.  having them at vfest will be a good middle ground for me - pay about the same amount for the police but also get 2 dozen other bands and DJs.
<sig>

Sage 703

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2007, 06:21:00 pm »
I've been hearing bigger rumors about V-Fest that will blow the Police out of the water.

TheDirector217

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2007, 06:31:00 pm »
I'm in.  Not overjoyed about $225, but it's the Police.  Sometimes there is a scientific phrase which applies to this situation:

Fuck it.

P.S. 703, do tell.  Don't hog the unconfirmed truths to yourself.