Author Topic: are The Police ticket prices a joke?  (Read 10973 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: are The Police ticket prices a joke?
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2007, 06:49:00 pm »
callat: start spilling them beans about VFest rumours, or i'll make your gig tomorrow night... unpleasant   :eek:  

seriously though, would love to hear.  festival rumours are, in my opinion, a billion times more interesting than hollywood gossip (but unfortunately just as reliable).
<sig>

Sage 703

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2007, 07:02:00 pm »
i'm not one to spread rumors, so I'll remain vague for now.  but if what I've heard is true, the early '90s could be well represented.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2007, 07:07:00 pm »
but if what I've heard is true, the early '90s could be well represented.
Pumpkins or Rage?

ggw

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2007, 08:10:00 pm »
There went my interest in the tour!
Ditto.

eros

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2007, 09:12:00 pm »
Worst possible scenario:

The DC/Baltimore stop is at the Al Gore Global Warming benefit on July 7 and we get The Police along with sets by Don Henley, Aerosmith, Black Eyed Peas, etc...
ʎɐʍou

PigIron

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2007, 11:28:00 pm »
Can someone please just answer the question of whether or not these ticket prices are a joke or not?  Because if they are, if the Police are joking,  its not funny.  I just don't find any humor in it whatsoever.  If they are not a joke, then these ticket prices are very, very high and I won't be able to attend.

distance

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2007, 11:30:00 pm »
i _MIGHT_ sit through 1-1.5 hours of the police if someone is willing to pay me $225.  is that the going rate?  it would still be torment, but i think i could stick it out for ~$100/hour in compensation.

Mobius

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2007, 12:00:00 am »
For the love of crap can we just get The Police at Verizon Center and be done with it??

chokeychicken

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2007, 12:04:00 am »
Verizon Center date does not look likely if they won't announce the details; its one of the only dates on the tour in which they will not announce additional information.  

If you want to see them at a real venue, you might want to head up to MSG; they'll play at least 4 shows there.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2007, 01:24:00 am »
Can someone please just answer the question of whether or not these ticket prices are a joke or not?
no, it's not a joke; yes, those are the real prices.  go to ticketbastard.com and search for "the police".  select any date and look at the "price" pull-down menu.  any time old dinosaurs like the police, the eagles, the who, the stones, etc decide to roam the earth, they charges such ridiculous prices.  so while i really wouldn't mind seeing them, i'm not a big enough fan to pay those prices.  $100+fees for 2 nose-bleed uppers?  $500 to take the lady out one night?  no thanks.
<sig>

SPARX

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2007, 02:16:00 am »
I saw them at Painters Mill in '80. One of my alltime faves. I don't think I'll spoil that memory for this tour. Anybody else see that show? They're some talented musicians, no doubt about it. Anybody remember Clark Kent?

froggylizzard

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2007, 04:23:00 am »
The ticket prices are no joke! The teenagers who grew up listening to The Police in the late 70's/early 80's are now in their mid 40's and prime money making days, and will have no problem or qualms paying these prices.

The very first time I got stoned was in 1979 while listening to Reggatta de Blanc instead of studying at a friends house! I'll happily pay the $100 plus ticket price just to relive that day alone! (actually I recently joined the Sting fan club for $65 in anticipation of this crap, so I am now automatically a member of the Police club for $65 instead of $100!)

The fan club has said it will be holding a serious amount of tickets for its members, so if you are serious about seeing any of these shows I strongly recommend paying the $100 and buying through the fan club as I don't think you'll have much chance with the public sales and the rest of the world. Just my two cents.

PS: Tickets are already listed on stubhub for $14,000+!

bull930

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2007, 06:14:00 am »
This is the way that all artist are doing business now. Buy my membership and get great tickets.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2007, 08:28:00 am »
yeah but not all fanclubs charge you $100 for the honor of getting tickets and a lithograph of the band.  Pearl Jam's Ten Club for $20 a year gets one a Christmas 45, newsletters and other cool publications printed on good quality stock.
T.Rex

chokeychicken

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2007, 08:57:00 am »
Kosmo is right; the ticket prices can be justified, the membership cannot. This kind of stuff is simply out of control, unnecessary, and a slap in the face to anybody who has supported this band in the past.  

Any person that says they are reuniting for the love of  music and pulls stuff like that is lying.