Author Topic: Battle of the Bands: Who Will Open for LIVE at Celebrat  (Read 7140 times)

Ontap

Come out to Continental Modern Pool Lounge on May 25th to decide who will open for LIVE at Celebrate Fairfax 2007. Bands competing include 23RAINYDAYS, No Second Troy, Rome in a Day & The Speaks live, vote for your favorite and then see them June 8th at Celebrate Fairfax. There is no cover charge for this exciting event and best of all donations will be taken for the Hokie Spirit Foundation. Oh and did we forget to mention free parking, great specials and prizes. On Tap Magazine hopes to see you there. Must be 21+.

For more information visit: www.ontaponline.com/celebrate

HoyaSaxa03

Re: Battle of the Bands: Who Will Open for LIVE at Celebrat
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 10:33:00 am »
it's funny, i use the "Celebrate Fairfax!" festival all the time as an example when talking about the bizarre touring circuit that exists for these washed-up 90s alterna-rock bands
(o|o)

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 11:17:00 am »
Not everyone can be as cool as you, Hoya!

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 12:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
i'm not trying to stake some claim to cultural superiority, i'm just noting that "Celebrate Fairfax" is an archetypal event for bands from the 90s to play to 30 and 40 something people who have had the same 30 CDs for the last 10-15 years

i'm honestly not shitting on these types of people, everyone approaches music from different perspectives, i just find an event like this really interesting from a sociological perspective
(o|o)

andyrichter

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 12:13:00 pm »
i vote for jimmy's chicken shack.

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 12:46:00 pm »
I find it interesting that so many people care about the Bad Brains, or the Pixies, or whoever, when nobody seemed to care about tehem when they were around.

Originally posted by Hoya Paranoia:

i'm not trying to stake some claim to cultural superiority, i'm just noting that "Celebrate Fairfax" is an archetypal event for bands from the 90s to play to 30 and 40 something people who have had the same 30 CDs for the last 10-15 years

i'm honestly not shitting on these types of people, everyone approaches music from different perspectives, i just find an event like this really interesting from a sociological perspective [/b]

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 02:57:00 pm »
And I also find it interesting when people have music collections numbering into the thousands. At that point, it seems like it can't possibly be about the music, but rather about some odd obsession.

Originally posted by Hoya Paranoia:

i'm honestly not shitting on these types of people, everyone approaches music from different perspectives, i just find an event like this really interesting from a sociological perspective [/b]

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 03:20:00 pm »
  And I also find it interesting when people have music collections numbering into the thousands. At that point, it seems like it can't possibly be about the music, but rather about some odd obsession.
well there you go, seems like fertile ground for an investigatory report

having a collection of thousands of albums probably stands out to most people as bizarre, and most people see some newspaper notice or whatever about something like Celebrate Fairfax! and just glance over it and move onto the next thing ... for some reason things bland every-day things like this festival get the gears turning in my brain
(o|o)