Author Topic: Lance Armstrong for President~!  (Read 7182 times)

mankie

Re: Lance Armstrong for President~!
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2004, 02:19:00 pm »
Another stage win for Lance.....do you think he pushed for the win that he didn't need, to piss the kraut fans off who were evidently spitting at him during the tt's yesterday? I'm all for shouting and yelling because it adds to the excitement, but when they run alongside or wave flags right in front...that's going too far. As for spitting, only filthy scum do shit like that.

Sailor Ripley

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2004, 03:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bollocks:
  Another stage win for Lance.....do you think he pushed for the win that he didn't need, to piss the kraut fans off who were evidently spitting at him during the tt's yesterday?
No, I think he's hungry, he's amped and he wants to show them he is boss all the way to Paris.

Guiny

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2004, 03:20:00 pm »
  As for spitting, only filthy scum do shit like that.
Hasn't Rhett done that to somebody on one of his vacations? I think it was the Italy one but I could be mistaken.

mankie

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2004, 03:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sailor Ripley:

Another stage win for Lance.....do you think he pushed for the win that he didn't need, to piss the kraut fans off who were evidently spitting at him during the tt's yesterday?
No, I think he's hungry, he's amped and he wants to show them he is boss all the way to Paris. [/b]
Pissing the nazis off an added bonus though.....has to be.

Sailor Ripley

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2004, 03:34:00 pm »
  Pissing the nazis off an added bonus though.....has to be.
I'm sure.  

I can't believe some cycling fans are that lame.  Like him or not, respect his skills.

jkeisenh

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2004, 03:37:00 pm »
Yeah.  he's dope.  oops, did i say dope?  i meant, umm... swell.

mankie

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2004, 04:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
I really don't think Armstrong dopes, and even if he did he could never get away with it the way they hound him like they do. The French hate the fact a doodle keeps winning the damn tour so they're out for him big time......they break into his hotel room looking for evidence, they go through the trash from the team bus, and God knows what else they do. I honestly think he's a worthy champion with a great team around him, who deserve as much credit as he does for his success, which Lance gives credit to his team every chance he gets.

The only reason I didn't want him to get six is because Merckz would've won six had a French twat not punched him at broke his ribs as he was on his way to winning his sixth, so don't want anyone to eclipse the magic number of five tour wins. Now, after the fans were spitting at him I hope he wins this one by the largest margin ever recorded.

thirsty moore

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2004, 04:25:00 pm »
Ahhh, Merckx.  I see his frames around every so often.  Usually some messenger's hauling ass down the street on one of them.

The only reason I didn't want him to get six is because Merckx would've won six...

jkeisenh

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2004, 04:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:
  Ahhh, Merckx.  I see his frames around every so often.  Usually some messenger's hauling ass down the street on one of them.

I believe that would be the elder's (Eddie's) line of bikes, as opposed to the junior (Axel)riding the tour.

thirsty moore

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2004, 04:31:00 pm »
Indeed it would!

I believe that would be the elder's (Eddie's) line of bikes, as opposed to the junior (Axel)riding the tour.

brennser

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2004, 04:48:00 pm »
The only reason I didn't want him to get six is because Merckz would've won six  
he also raced the Giro AND the Vuelta instead of saving himself for the Tour every year

mankie

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2004, 04:51:00 pm »

The only reason I didn't want him to get six is because Merckx would've won six...
[/b]
One day I will own a Merckz bike..."BIG TED" as they are affectionately referred to.

How's your project bike going Thirsty?

thirsty moore

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2004, 05:02:00 pm »
It's moving along!  Thanks for asking.  Hopefully this weekend I get track ends welded onto my frame.  I'm pretty excited.  

That should do it and then I can ride.  If I've learned one thing it's that building a bike on a budget is a long ordeal.  I've made sure that this bike is cheaper than anything I can get in a store.

With my luck it'll get stolen in a week.  

How's your project bike going Thirsty?

Sailor Ripley

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2004, 05:06:00 pm »
   Hopefully this weekend I get track ends welded onto my frame.
Who did you wind up going with?  And let's see a pic when it's done.

mankie

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2004, 05:11:00 pm »
Why the resentment towards Armstrong....you too Brennser?

Scanlon hung in there for what......three stages? That's one more rider than Britain could muster though.