Author Topic: Good delivery pizza?  (Read 16016 times)

Yada

Re: Good delivery pizza?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2020, 06:31:32 pm »
Local Chains (more than two locations)
---------------------
2. Pete's Pizza
It's Pete's aPizza.  IMO one of the best...do not deliver and apparently Arlington doesn't agree as the Clarendon one closed recently

Where is 2 Amys

I think Flipping Pizza is makes a decent slice

Pupatella also makes a pretty mean pie

Other than their website address, I've never heard anyone refer to it with the "a" in front of it. The Silver Spring used to deliver and also closed... I think they were just a victim of too many locations, at any rate, still great pizza IMO.

Never been a fan of 2 Amys or Flippin'. 2 Amys may have fallen victim of it was in a pain in the ass location mixed with always packed.

Never heard of Pupatella, but I'll seek it out.

Yada

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2020, 06:32:40 pm »
Of the four "build your own" personal pizza places I've tried:

&Pizza - excellent

Agreed. Good stuff.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2020, 06:33:27 pm »
OTW to Stained Glass Pub for carryout.

Yada

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2020, 06:39:49 pm »

Approved.

The Corner Pub has a good square pie... And how on earth did I forget Continental Pizza in Kensington?

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2020, 06:45:04 pm »

Went there for ol' times sake a few years ago and was underwhelmed. Corner Pub is better.

Continental sells pizza?  Have only had cheesesteaks there but not a one in the last 20 years.

Edit to say that if I were in Kensington I'd go to Pacci's in Forest Glen.  Never been but did eat at the Silver Spring location (RIP).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 06:48:15 pm by StoneTheCrow »

Yada

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2020, 06:47:45 pm »

Went there for ol' times sake a few years ago and was underwhelmed. Corner Pub is better.

Continental sells pizza?  Have only had cheesesteaks there but not a one in the last 20 years.

Yes!!! Make sure to get large square though.

We often get one square pie and a couple of cheese steaks.

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2020, 07:01:04 pm »
I mostly go for the killer subs...but  The Italian Store in VA really makes a killer pie...no delivery

VA used to be a waste land for pizza, but we've got a few decent ones now
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2020, 07:06:07 pm »
I get the Post on the weekends because I'm an old guy, and for some reason they sent me a Friday paper today, which included this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/food/best-pizza-dc/

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2020, 07:41:46 pm »
Are we talking about the 2 Amy’s on Macomb in Cathedral Heights? That’s pretty good pizza.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2020, 07:59:50 pm »
Are we talking about the 2 Amy’s on Macomb in Cathedral Heights? That’s pretty good pizza.

Yes. Wonder why they never opened more locations?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2020, 08:26:51 pm »

I mean, I can’t say I’ve ever pondered that specifically but if you have an anecdote to share on the matter, go ahead.
LVMH

gavroche

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2020, 09:53:02 am »

They half did, because they are half of Etto on 14th street: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/at-etto-simple-pleasures-abound/2013/08/20/51d7419e-f847-11e2-afc1-c850c6ee5af8_story.html

notme

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2020, 02:04:02 pm »
Pizza delivery does not really work. Pizza is meant to be eaten straight out of the oven or within a couple of minutes (so you don't burn your mouth). Delivery pizza will arrive 30 minutes to an hour after it is out of the oven and will be cold and soggy.  This happens with a the high end craft pizza places. You almost have to rebake the pizza once it arrives to get the full experience.

hutch

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2020, 02:21:29 pm »
+1

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2020, 10:51:08 am »
Pizza delivery does not really work. Pizza is meant to be eaten straight out of the oven or within a couple of minutes (so you don't burn your mouth). Delivery pizza will arrive 30 minutes to an hour after it is out of the oven and will be cold and soggy.  This happens with a the high end craft pizza places. You almost have to rebake the pizza once it arrives to get the full experience.

The workaround is to order 1/2 baked pizza. Finish in a 500F oven for a few minutes. Huge improvement (tho still the same shitty ingredients.)