Author Topic: Good delivery pizza?  (Read 15769 times)

Yada

Re: Good delivery pizza?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2020, 11:08:00 am »
Pizza delivery does not really work. Pizza is meant to be eaten straight out of the oven or within a couple of minutes (so you don't burn your mouth). Delivery pizza will arrive 30 minutes to an hour after it is out of the oven and will be cold and soggy.  This happens with a the high end craft pizza places. You almost have to rebake the pizza once it arrives to get the full experience.

The workaround is to order 1/2 baked pizza. Finish in a 500F oven for a few minutes. Huge improvement (tho still the same shitty ingredients.)

My recommended work around is Dominos thin crust. Arrives hot and delicious in 30 mins or less.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2020, 11:29:32 am »
Pizza delivery does not really work. Pizza is meant to be eaten straight out of the oven or within a couple of minutes (so you don't burn your mouth). Delivery pizza will arrive 30 minutes to an hour after it is out of the oven and will be cold and soggy.  This happens with a the high end craft pizza places. You almost have to rebake the pizza once it arrives to get the full experience.

The workaround is to order 1/2 baked pizza. Finish in a 500F oven for a few minutes. Huge improvement (tho still the same shitty ingredients.)
This is a thing you can do!? What places accommodate this? Teach me your ways.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2020, 12:09:56 pm »
All the places.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2020, 01:12:57 pm »
You can also order without cheese, then add your own, better cheese.  Works with sauce too.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2020, 01:13:56 pm »
Also, you can just buy a ball of dough from just about anywhere. That's the hard part...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2020, 09:46:07 pm »
OK, the LC sliced bread commercial was good.

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2020, 05:41:14 pm »
So Hutch mentioned oxymoron and I agree....there really is NO good delivery pizza, you have to eat it fresh
crap pizza...well it's crap so they can over heat it and use ingredients that can make a 30 min drive

but in good news Yada, you don't have to come to arlington

Pupatella Will Bring Its Popular Neapolitan Pizzas to Dupont Circle This Spring
slack

Yada

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2020, 11:34:50 am »
Continental Pizza crushing the game in MoCo

pizzzzza" border="0

WALKonBack

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2020, 11:37:04 am »
If the world returns to normal . . . come to Front Royal, VA . . . and go to Melting Pot pizza, or have it delivered if you are staying in a airb,b for your outdoor adventure weekend. 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2020, 11:40:02 am »
Fondue pizza? I'm all in!

Yada

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2020, 11:40:15 am »
If the world returns to normal . . . come to Front Royal, VA . . . and go to Melting Pot pizza, or have it delivered if you are staying in a airb,b for your outdoor adventure weekend.

Do they serve ice cold soda pop there?

WALKonBack

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2020, 11:42:01 am »
And beer drinking, with a straw.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2020, 12:05:53 pm »
P.S.A./RANT: if you are ordering delivery or pick-up, avoid using Grubhub, Uber Eats, or any other similar food delivery service - call the restaurant/bar/brewery/etc. directly. 

food delivery apps take a big chuck of the money from restaurant.  dunno about other folks, but i'm voting with my wallet and supporting local establishments that i want to make through the pandemic, so i don't want the profits from my order being funneled to VCs in silicon valley. 
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2020, 12:13:45 pm »
Absolutely

Yada

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2020, 01:01:04 pm »
Fully support that method via pick up, but delivery that's not really possible.

For example, I'm not driving to Rockville for a gyro but would definitely get it delivered. Something is better than nothing, no?