Author Topic: Caps WIn!!!!  (Read 11621 times)

boweswana

Caps WIn!!!!
« on: October 10, 2005, 03:32:00 pm »
Damn, working at home with afternoon games on TV kicks ass.  Caps came back from 2-1 to win 3-2.  Jagr got pummelled, Ovechkin scored.....a good way to avoid work for a while.

I can't wait till the World Cup.  Productivity levels will sink to near zero.

Shadrach

Re: Caps WIn!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 03:37:00 pm »
Ovetchkin looks like the real deal.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 03:41:00 pm »
question for caps fans:

i'm looking to get 2 lower level seats for the lightning game next sunday as cheap as possible ... what do you think are my best options?

last year (before the lockout), the caps were so bad that i could just walk up to scalpers outside MCI around game time and score lower level seats for REAL cheap ... is it still the same scene?  i've been trolling craigslist and finding some deals there, but nothing as bargain-basement as i'm really looking for

ideas?
(o|o)

boweswana

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 04:01:00 pm »
I'd go the scalper route especially on a Sunday.  Even when teh Skins are on the road they crush attendance at everything else, I bet there will be lots available for the Bolts game.

BTW, did you get the last PM I sent you about the 22nd?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 04:03:00 pm »
i was crushed when the pens lost the ovechin lottery

i'll go to a couple games this year, i imagine

on saturday i'm going to the pens/lightning game in pittsburgh. our seats are 4 rows from the glass, on the side the pens shoot at twice.
o/\o

xcanuck

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 04:22:00 pm »
I think that the scalper route is still your best bet. During the last NHL season, I had a pair of lower bowl tickets for a Red Wings/Caps game and couldn't even get half of face value for them. I'm sure plenty of regular people (not scalpers) will be trying to get rid of tickets and will be happy to get some nominal amount for them.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 06:21:00 pm »
i'm not a caps fan, but i was there on friday in a neat little box.  i practically thought i was watching tennis   :cool:

sonickteam2

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 03:43:00 pm »
I have never dealt with the scalpers  since i have season tickets, but i cant imagine they raise the price too much, and i am sure you can even get a deal sometimes.

i'll be in good ole section 411....

set1914

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 03:46:00 pm »
I was so happy when the Pens lost the Ovechkin lottery, since that meant the Caps got him!! I got to meet him at the 2004 draft and he was the real deal off the ice and after seeing him play in the opener, he is the real deal on the ice.

sonickteam2

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 03:48:00 pm »
My Prediction:

Ovechkin hoists the Calder Trophy, but thats all he'll ever hoist.

Crosby will hoist the Stanley Cup, but not until Hillary Clinton is President.

set1914

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 09:07:00 pm »
Time will tell...

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 10:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam, forum nice guy:
  I have never dealt with the scalpers  since i have season tickets, but i cant imagine they raise the price too much, and i am sure you can even get a deal sometimes.

two years ago i was regularly able to get $80 seats for $40 or so from those guys outside of MCI, hopefully the market is similar this year =)

i'm not sure if i've told this story on here, but the last lightning/caps game i went to at MCI ... it was late in the season and the caps were horrible, i think the bolts were up by a few goals and it was a pretty ugly game ... i was a bit drunk and had been pretty vocal throughout the game ... at some point in the third period after a long power play for the bolts spent exclusively in the caps zone, the caps finally cleared the puck ... i stood up and did this really sarcastic cheer for the caps clearing the puck, and someone threw a beer at me from behind ... it was hilarious =)
(o|o)

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 04:40:00 am »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:

Originally posted by sonickteam, forum nice guy:

two years ago i was regularly able to get $80 seats for $40 or so from those guys outside of MCI, hopefully the market is similar this year =)

i'm not sure if i've told this story on here, but the last lightning/caps game i went to at MCI ... it was late in the season and the caps were horrible, i think the bolts were up by a few goals and it was a pretty ugly game ... i was a bit drunk and had been pretty vocal throughout the game ... at some point in the third period after a long power play for the bolts spent exclusively in the caps zone, the caps finally cleared the puck ... i stood up and did this really sarcastic cheer for the caps clearing the puck, and someone threw a beer at me from behind ... it was hilarious =) [/b]
Err, sorry about that!  ;)

Guiny

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 08:51:00 am »
The Leafs Win!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess if we don't play Ottawa everyday, we have a chance.

sonickteam2

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2005, 09:24:00 am »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:
  The Leafs Win!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess if we don't play Ottawa everyday, we have a chance.
too bad we all dont get to play more games against the Philadelphia Overrated Flyers...