Author Topic: Birchmere food  (Read 11389 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Birchmere food
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2005, 04:45:00 pm »
Weird, ggw, that song just finished playing as I clicked on the thread.

muschi

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2005, 10:48:00 pm »
ah ha, so it IS just like s. florida. i understand perfectly now. ive never been out west. die hard  e.coaster/atlantacist. the uk [and europe] is more a part of my world than LA + the west coast. thx

muschi

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2005, 07:33:00 am »

edbert

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2005, 08:59:00 am »
I usually park in the Birchmere lot and then walk across the street to  RT'S  to eat before the show starts

Vas Deferens

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2006, 12:36:00 pm »
Are you required to eat at the Birchmere once you secured a seat?!
(_|_)

anarchist

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2006, 01:34:00 pm »
you do not have to eat or drink at your seat over priced seat.  i have done it several times. if you only go to dc clubs, the birch is a whole nother world.  almost everyone gets there early to eat.  shows start early and they get you out early (9p-10p).  parking is free and lot is patroled by a cop. seating is at picnic tables with a couple of 2 seat tables near the stage.   geared to suburban soccer moms.

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2006, 04:26:00 pm »
Parking is not free. There is a sign clearly posted saying that 50 cents of your $3.50 service fee per ticket goes toward parking and other expenses. That's a $3.50 fee on tickets that you purchase RIGHT THERE AT THE DOOR,snd you pay the $3.50 with the 50 cents fee regardless of your mode of transportation.

Originally posted by anarchist:
  you do not have to eat or drink at your seat over priced seat.  i have done it several times. if you only go to dc clubs, the birch is a whole nother world.  almost everyone gets there early to eat.  shows start early and they get you out early (9p-10p).  parking is free and lot is patroled by a cop. seating is at picnic tables with a couple of 2 seat tables near the stage.   geared to suburban soccer moms.

anarchist

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2006, 01:53:00 am »
i never buy tickets the way most people do, so i pay no service charge or parking fee.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2006, 04:30:00 am »
  i never buy tickets the way most people do, so i pay no service charge or parking fee.
ANARCHIST!!!  ;)

shupac

« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2006, 04:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by edbert:
  I usually park in the Birchmere lot and then walk across the street to  RT'S  to eat before the show starts
Good call on RT's.  Another good choice nearby, and probably my favorite Indian restaurant in NoVa, is the Bombay Curry Company, just ~1/2mi. down Mt. Vernon Ave. (right at the start of the Del Ray neighborhood).  If you like spicy dishes that pack a punch, the Chicken Kadai is "tadai" for!

Bags

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2006, 09:55:00 pm »
 almost everyone gets there early to eat.
I think for most people getting there early is about getting a good seat.  Eating is a way to pass the time while you sit there an hour before a band starts...  And it is not good.  Not good at all.

bikerchickdc

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2006, 10:14:00 pm »
The best way to enjoy the Birchmere is to bring enough people to fill up a table, and get there early enough to actually get a full table together. I've had way too many shows ruined by knuckleheads who want to run their mouths for the whole show. And in the Birchmere you can't really run away from them.

I can't stand seeing shows there. I'd rather drive to Baltimore.

anarchist

« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2006, 10:53:00 pm »
i thought if you talk while an "artist" is playing at the birch they will kick you out.

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2006, 12:22:00 am »
I go to Birchmere for the food.

Hey, that could be a good tag line.

I go to Birchmere for the food.

Learn it. Say it. Live it.

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2006, 07:29:00 am »
I thought people went to the Birchmere early for their inspired choices of pre-show music. Like when we went to see British R&B artist Corrinne Bailey Rae. Probably the most ethnically diverse audience we've been a part of in a long time. What music did they play? An entire Yes album. The one with "Owner of a Lonely Heart" on it. Don't all Black people love that album?