Author Topic: Slán go fóill  (Read 10585 times)

vansmack

Re: Slán go fóill
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2003, 01:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by Barcelona:
  So, Ronaldinho ended up in Barcelona, I hope he is that good. Finally, it looks we might get out of recent years' misery. What is Manchester United doing with all the money from Beckham's transfer to Madrid?
Congrats on improving your team.  At the price, I don't think Rono improved ManU like he would Barca so I'm glad we didn't pay the fee.  However, if Ronho goes for 21M pounds, Real got the deal of the century for Becks.

As for the cash, here's what makes the deal even sweeter for Real:  it's £5.2m pounds now, £12.24 over the next four years, the remaining £7m are conditional upon Real Madrid's performances in the UEFA Champions League.  So if United beats Real, they actually lose money on the Beckham deal.  I'm sorry, what ManU money are you referring to?  Man U are looking like the biggest fucking idiots right now and they had better make the Duff deal soon.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2003, 12:09:00 pm »
Hey Mankie.

We lost Duff too.  He signed with Chelsea.  Unbelievable.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2003, 12:44:00 pm »
Vieira maybe??

I think Rohnaldino is about 15mil overpriced at the money they paid for him....what has he done at club level in both Brasil and France? SQUAT! All his success has been with the national team, and my GOD! I would look good playing on that team. At worst he's carried by the rest of the team and at best he's the Esa Tikkanen of football, he makes no effort unless it's a vital and important game.

My feelings are that Barcelona bought him out of ego damage control, they lost Beckham so had to sign just any big name player. Sorry Barcelona but thats how I feel, they did United a big favor IMHO.

As for who do United go for now? They really don't NEED anyone....and as for Chelsea, I just think that's going to be a huge train wreck by seasons end...The NY Rangers of the premier league.

vansmack

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2003, 12:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  Vieira maybe??

I think Rohnaldino is about 15mil overpriced at the money they paid for him....what has he done at club level in both Brasil and France? SQUAT! All his success has been with the national team, and my GOD! I would look good playing on that team. At worst he's carried by the rest of the team and at best he's the Esa Tikkanen of football, he makes no effort unless it's a vital and important game.

My feelings are that Barcelona bought him out of ego damage control, they lost Beckham so had to sign just any big name player. Sorry Barcelona but thats how I feel, they did United a big favor IMHO.

As for who do United go for now? They really don't NEED anyone....and as for Chelsea, I just think that's going to be a huge train wreck by seasons end...The NY Rangers of the premier league.
Ronaldinho = Esa Tikkanen - that's great!  there's about 5 people on this board who would get that!  

Yes, Chelsea is a train wreck waiting to happen, but Man U must keep Veron now or we will struggle mightily in Europe without a replacement for Beckham and losing Veron.  

I'm as convinced as you are that Ole will fill the right side perfectly in the premiere league, but with Keano getting old and Diego Forlan still unproven for an entire season, can United really rely on Ruud alone to score 30-40 goals a season? I don't think so.  I'd like to see one more proven mid-fielder or striker move to United.

Oh and as for Kewell, serve's you right!  couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2003, 12:56:00 pm »
Kewell the tool! Che-he-he-he!

We signed Bellion remember, I don't know anything about him but Fergie has been after him for a long time and the last player Fergie pursued like that was Ruud!!!

I would like to see Keano fill in as player/assistant coach for one season then take over as assistant full time next year, then be prepped to take over the reigns when Fergie steps down, but I doubt it will happen.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2003, 01:02:00 pm »
speaking of signings. . .how about federov to the ducks???

btw, how late do you plan on being out on friday smackie??  i can't get there until around 8:30 or 9.
OU812

mankie

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2003, 01:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

No offense to smackie intended, but Federov has won his last Stanley Cup.

vansmack

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2003, 02:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

btw, how late do you plan on being out on friday smackie??  i can't get there until around 8:30 or 9.
Oh yes, I forgot to tell you about that.  A member of his representation called me Thursday to tell me about that (he knew how devasted I was about Kariya/Selanne).  I had to keep it a secret though.  I'm stoked about it.  Federov and Vaclav Propsal, I'm impressed with the management doing something.  

Oh, and Mankie I love you but no Caps fans can talk to me about winning Stanley Cups.  Ever.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2003, 02:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Oh, and Mankie I love you but no Caps fans can talk to me about winning Stanley Cups.  Ever.

[/b]
I wasn't taking the piss, I just think that the Ducks playoff run was a major over-achievement, once in a career thing, so Federov making the switch there has pretty much sealed his fate as far as finals go.... I was cheering for them as if I was a native born CA born native.

The Caps on the other hand are the leagues greatest under-achievers...well, apart from the current Rangers squad that is.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2003, 02:37:00 pm »
 I was cheering for them as if I was a native born  Southern  CA born native.
there. . that's better.   :)
OU812

vansmack

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2003, 03:05:00 pm »
   I just think that the Ducks playoff run was a major over-achievement, once in a career thing,  
And that's something a Caps fan would know about so I will note your opinion and move on.  The Federov deal can be likened to the Jagr deal in some circles, I'm just hoping that this isn't the case.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2003, 03:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  [QUOTE

The Federov deal can be likened to the Jagr deal in some circles,

Even Jagr under-achieved after he came to Washington..it must be the "Capital Curse" or something.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2003, 03:47:00 pm »
well. . jagr excels when there is a better player with him.  look when he was with the pens, he joins up with lemieux and they win back-to-back stanley cups. . .lemieux retires, the pens still make the playoffs and beat the caps every year, but no stanley cup finals. . .lemieux comes back and has one relatively healthy year and they make it to the wales, errr, eastern conference finals.  as good as oates and/or bonda is/was, jagr needs someone who is far better than him to make him look good.
OU812

mankie

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2003, 04:28:00 pm »
Oates would never have worked well with Jagr....Oates's talent lies in taking control of the ice by slowing the game down, Jagr's skill's shine by speeding the game up.

Bondra is pretty friggin fast, maybe they'll gel better next season, as long as Jagr doesn't start sulking like he can be prone to do. He's a great player but I'm not really a fan of his.

vansmack

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2003, 03:36:00 pm »
Mankie:  How stoked are you for United to be on TV tonight?  I'm elated.  Is it almost August already?
27>34