Author Topic: Slán go fóill  (Read 10583 times)

lily1

Re: Slán go fóill
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2003, 09:41:00 am »
smackie, you still going to the game tonight? where are your seats?

mankie

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2003, 10:30:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  Mankie:  How stoked are you for United to be on TV tonight?  I'm elated.  Is it almost August already?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! PLEASE TELL ME IT'S NOT TRUE....I HAD NO IDEA THEY WERE ON TELLY. THERE I AM CUTTING THE GRASS AND CLEANING THE BLOODY SIDING LAST NIGHT WHEN I COULD'VE BEEN WATCHING THE MIGHTY RED ARMY CONQUER BOTH SCOTLAND 4-0 (TEE-HEE-HEE) AND AMERICA.

mankie

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2003, 10:35:00 am »
"All in all, a hugely impressive victory and a great way to start the USA Tour. If the Americans don't like football after this performance, there's no hope for them."

The last comments from the match report on Man Utd.com!

I love it!

vansmack

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2003, 11:44:00 am »
Originally posted by mankie:
  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  
Mankie, the tour is being broadcast live on Fox Sports World.  Sadly, I was too drunk last night to watch it myself but I still have it on Tivo.

They're replaying it at 3 tomorrow and again Sunday.

07/24 3 PM
 (2 hrs)  Champions World Series
 Manchester Utd. v. Celtic  

07/27 2 AM
 (2 hrs)  Champions World Series
 Manchester Utd. v. Celtic  

And the rest of the games will be on live:

07/27 4 PM
 (2 hrs 30 min)  Champions World Series
 FC Barcelona v. Juventus (L)  

07/27 7 PM
 (2 hrs 30 min)  Champions World Series
 Manchester Utd v. Club America (L)

07/30 2:30 AM
 (2 hrs)  ChampionsWorld Series
 FC Barcelona v. AC Milan

etc.

We still getting a pint this evening?
27>34

mankie

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2003, 12:45:00 pm »

We still getting a pint this evening?

[/b]
check your email!  ;)

vansmack

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2003, 11:02:00 am »
Looks like we missed a good one, Mankie:

DC UNITED BEAT BLACKBURN ROVERS ON PENALTY KICKS

Associated Press
 Jul. 23, 2003 11:02 p.m.

WASHINGTON (AP) â?? Substitute Brian Carroll tied the game in the 85th minute and D.C. United beat Blackburn Rovers 6-5 on penalty kicks following a 1-1 tie in an exhibition game Wednesday night.
 The first five shooters for each team converted their penalty kicks before the sixth shooters - D.C.'s Brandon Prideaux and Blackburn's Andy Todd - were unsuccessful.

United's Dema Kovalenko sent a low, hard shot past goalkeeper David Yelldell before Rovers defender Nils-Eric Johansson kicked wide right, giving D.C. United the victory.

Yelldell came into the game in the 75th minute in relief of Brad Friedel, the U.S. starter at last year's World Cup. Friedel made five saves.

Kasey Keller, Friedel's backup, played for the United States on Wednesday night in its 2-1 overtime loss to Brazil in the semifinals of the CONCACAF Gold Cup, the championship of North and Central America and the Caribbean.

Blackburn's Andy Cole scored off as header for a 1-0 lead in the 30th minute.

The tying goal came after Yelldell tried to clear a ball near the left post. D.C.'s Ali Curtis slid to block the attempt, and the ball bounced to Carroll, who had entered in the 65th minute.

The match at RFK Stadium drew 9,452. Blackburn is preparing for the start of the Premier League season on Aug. 16.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2003, 11:15:00 am »

Looks like we missed a good one, Mankie:

DC UNITED BEAT BLACKBURN ROVERS ON PENALTY KICKS

I think we had a better laugh in the boozer actually...we did miss Andy Cole scoring though which is a rare occurance.

vansmack

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2003, 11:35:00 am »
  I think we had a better laugh in the boozer actually...
That I'm certain of!
27>34

Jaguär

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2003, 12:26:00 pm »
I don't believe it!

You lushes.   :D

vansmack

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2003, 09:41:00 am »
Mank,

Finally saw the match last night (after my "chores" were done) and they looked great.  took advantage of nearly every opportunity and Ole gunnar was brilliant in Becks replacement.  He set up the first goal, scored the third, and just to show him off, Fergie moved Ole to the left side after Giggsy was replaced by Bellion and Ole nearly set-up Bellion for another from the left.  I'm going to like watching Ole play the entire match.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2003, 10:03:00 am »
Not bragging about my knowledge of the reds here smackie (okay, I am)...but I think if you go deep into the archives of this board you'll find more than a few comments that I've made praising Ole and wondering why he's a bench warmer...and didn't I say in the Dubliner that we really don't need another striker because we've got Ole!! huh, huh, huh?  ;)  

Is smackette speaking to you yet?

vansmack

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2003, 10:22:00 am »
   didn't I say in the Dubliner that we really don't need another striker because we've got Ole!! huh, huh, huh?   ;)  

Is smackette speaking to you yet?
I'm just reaffirming you're already brilliant remarks, my friend.  Last night after he scored I jumped around and repeated the "and Solksjaer has won the European Cup for Manchester United...Manchester United Rule Europe...the Munich players are on their knees...they don't know what's hit them...Manchester's hit them!" which got a smile out of Smackette and she's finally talking to me again.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2003, 10:32:00 am »
When I got home last night the brother-in-law and his family had arrived, so there they are, My missus, the bro'in law and his wife, sat at the table sipping on the old booze chatting away. I opened the fridge door to grab some water and was greeted by a shelf full of the old mad apple. "Oh dear" I thought to myself, "here we go again"...and I was right!  :D  

Are you going to make any United games with the move and all?

vansmack

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2003, 10:44:00 am »
Last night was the first night in a little over a week that I didn't get completely drunk, though I suspect that I'll catch back up in no time tonight.  I feel all the better for it this morning.

I have now moved myself right out of both coasts for United.  I had that ticket to LA in case we were back before the 27th and had tickets to Philly in case were still here on the 3rd and as it turns out I leave the East on the 2nd thus missing every opportunity to see United in the States.

The only saving grace is that I get to watch the Philly game with my United friends in LA who I haven't seen in years, but that's hardly the same as seeing them live.  

The good news is the first time I see United will still be at Old Trafford someday, which makes sense in a really bizaar kind of way.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2003, 11:18:00 am »

The good news is the first time I see United will still be at Old Trafford someday, which makes sense in a really bizaar kind of way.

When you do...be sure to pay your respects at the Munich clock, and take a credit card with high limit because the souvineir shop is unbeleivable.