Author Topic: Troy  (Read 4236 times)

Celeste

Re: Troy
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2004, 11:12:00 am »
Originally posted by Bollocks:

Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
 [qb] Meh.
 Why is it that summer movies are, for the most part, a giant crap-a-thon.  It's not like folks with discerning taste only go to the movies in winter... [/b]
or, don't they?

it's cause all the truly cool people with discriminating tastes do outdoorsy stuff in the summer

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2004, 11:21:00 am »
Originally posted by Ball Girl:

Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
  Anyone wanna see Supersize Me?  I can't wait...
yeah...we're seeing it next weekend when we're back in town... [/b]
>>> I'm hitting "Super Size" me this afternoon at Cinema Arts here in Fairfax.....if my schedule allows...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2004, 11:26:00 am »
any movie which is considered oscar "worthy" is scheduled for a december release because they want it be fresh in the minds of the voters.  plus, most major stars want their movies to come out in december in order to feed their egos.  the is some indication that there is a shift in opinion regarding the release of only oscar worthy films in december. instead scheduling them through out the year to prevent overload.  however, "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" came out and despite heaps of critical praise tanked commercially.  which probably means that it's back to old logic.

ever notice all the horror genre pictures that come out at the beginning of the year?  this is because it's the only time of the year when they can schedule.  i.e. not up against oscar or summer movies.

it appears that is some attempt to bring together special effects with a good story.  "Master and Commander", "Pirates of the Caribean", LOTR of course...  Any movie with Vin Diesel is going to blow.

there will be light saber effect of the non-digital kind in "Young Adam"
T.Rex

eltee

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2004, 11:46:00 am »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:

Brad Pitt's best role was in True Romance, I think it was, when he was the stoner guy and "Outshined" was playing...it was all downhill from there.
also, the deranged redneck in kalifornia and the gypsy in snatch. seems like his best stuff comes when you understand him the least. [/b]
He wasn't bad in "Fight Club". Although Ed Norton stole the show.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2004, 11:48:00 am »
i was half kidding. 12 monkey was decent too
o/\o

mankie

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2004, 12:30:00 pm »
Brad Pitt was amazing in Snatch.....what was the one about deadly sins or whatever? He was good in that one too.

brennser

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2004, 12:51:00 pm »
Seven - I remember because it was my wife and my first date together

Great date movie! We were clinging to each other about 10 minutes in

flawd101

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2004, 03:19:00 pm »
vin diesels new movie looks good,  i think it is his character from pitch black.

next year, mid-may, STAR WARS

godsshoeshine

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2004, 03:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by brennser:
  Seven - I remember because it was my wife and my first date together

Great date movie! We were clinging to each other about 10 minutes in
his performance at the end was horrendous, though

and yes, the vin movies is the same character from pitchblack
o/\o

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2004, 03:46:00 pm »
He's back!...and boy is he pissed off!   Vin Diesel is back as Jesus in CHRIST 2: The Resurrection.  Coming soon.

eros

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2004, 04:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  any movie which is considered oscar "worthy" is scheduled for a december release because they want it be fresh in the minds of the voters.  plus, most major stars want their movies to come out in december in order to feed their egos.  the is some indication that there is a shift in opinion regarding the release of only oscar worthy films in december. instead scheduling them through out the year to prevent overload.  however, "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" came out and despite heaps of critical praise tanked commercially.  which probably means that it's back to old logic.

This movie (because of the subject matter + major stars, big director, etc) reminds me of Gladiator which was a summer popcorn movie that ended up winning best picture.  I only hope it's near as good.
ʎɐʍou

jkeisenh

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2004, 04:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:
  He's back!...and boy is he pissed off!   Vin Diesel is back as Jesus in CHRIST 2: The Resurrection.  Coming soon.
Reminds me of one of my all-time favorites... UHF:

Ghandi II.
 He's back, and it's no more mister passive resistance.

(Ghandi drives sportscar up to restaurant.  Jumps out with two buxom playgirls and walks in, uzi in hand)
 "Give me a steak, medium rare."

Celeste

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2004, 04:03:00 pm »
  Brad Pitt was amazing in Snatch.....what was the one about deadly sins or whatever? He was good in that one too.
oh wait...he was good in fight club, too...that movie was pretty good!

mankie

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2004, 04:07:00 pm »

[qb] oh wait...he was good in fight club, too...that movie was pretty good! [/b]
Never saw it....the thought of two pretty boys, Ed Norton Jr. and Brad Pitt, trying to look all bad-ass and tough cracked me up. That should've been cast with Jean Reno and Vinnie Jones.

brennser

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2004, 05:01:00 pm »
fight club was excellent

speaking of blockbusters which actor is filling  John Peels shoes?