Author Topic: Troy  (Read 4237 times)

sonickteam2

Troy
« on: May 12, 2004, 08:12:00 am »
Got to see Troy last night.  Damn good movie actually.  Its funny how even though you know how its going to end, you still route for something else to happen.
    Maybe not really the best role for Pitt, but the fighting was excellent.  Better than most historical-esque movies.

sonickteam2

Re: Troy
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 08:13:00 am »
and that was my 1892nd post for member number 1892.  neat, eh?

jkeisenh

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 08:45:00 am »
Meh.
 Why is it that summer movies are, for the most part, a giant crap-a-thon.  It's not like folks with discerning taste only go to the movies in winter... bleh.  Enough with the overdone, effects-only, look how neato it is when we blow this up, plastic characters with one or two bad love scenes thrown in, films.
 Let's just say, if it has an effects budget, I'm likely to not like it.

Anyone wanna see Supersize Me?  I can't wait...

MaLo

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 08:57:00 am »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
  Meh.
 Why is it that summer movies are, for the most part, a giant crap-a-thon.  It's not like folks with discerning taste only go to the movies in winter... bleh.  Enough with the overdone, effects-only, look how neato it is when we blow this up, plastic characters with one or two bad love scenes thrown in, films.

ditto

is Supersize Me out in theaters yet?  i know it was part of the DC film fest.  I guess i could just go look in the paper..yeah, i'll go do that.

Celeste

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 09:28:00 am »
yeah...we're seeing it next weekend when we're back in town...

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 09:43:00 am »
Man, Brad Pitt is just gross. So is his wife.

I am looking forward to Supersize Me. Perhaps it will give me added motivation to stick to the diet I'm on.

Celeste

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2004, 09:48:00 am »
Brad Pitt's best role was in True Romance, I think it was, when he was the stoner guy and "Outshined" was playing...it was all downhill from there.

sonickteam2

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2004, 10:23:00 am »

I feel the same way. I think it may just be my mild fascination with Greek mythology and what not.

jkeisenh

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2004, 10:34:00 am »
Originally posted by MaLo:

is Supersize Me out in theaters yet?  i know it was part of the DC film fest.  I guess i could just go look in the paper..yeah, i'll go do that.
It's showing at E Street Theatres .

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2004, 10:38:00 am »
Also showing in Georgetown, Shirlington, and I think Bethesda.

Originally posted by MaLo:

It's showing at E Street Theatres . [/b]

mankie

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2004, 10:53:00 am »
  Meh.
 Why is it that summer movies are, for the most part, a giant crap-a-thon.  It's not like folks with discerning taste only go to the movies in winter...
I have a theory on that....wanna hear it? Okay, well I'm going to tell you anyway!

I think the reason there's a lot of mega-budget, over-produced with little substance other than shit blowing up and digitalized special effects films are released in summer is so the attendance can be somewhat artificially inflated.

When it's hot as hell outside a lot of people go to the movies just so they can sit in a/c for a couple of hours. Whereas in winter, movie-goers really want to see the movie because they have to freeze their balls/tits off to get there in the first place.

Make sense?

Bags

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2004, 10:58:00 am »
And kids are out of school, so they can go see these movies again and again and again because they're bored and hanging out at malls.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2004, 11:04:00 am »
Originally posted by Ball Girl:
  Brad Pitt's best role was in True Romance, I think it was, when he was the stoner guy and "Outshined" was playing...it was all downhill from there.
also, the deranged redneck in kalifornia and the gypsy in snatch. seems like his best stuff comes when you understand him the least.
o/\o

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2004, 11:05:00 am »
As an Orlando Bloom fan, I am looking forward to Troy. I also want to see Super Size Me.

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2004, 11:08:00 am »
Don't mean to be disagreeable, but I also find Orlando Bloom rather pukey.

One actor I love to watch: Mark Ruffalo.