Author Topic: Bright Eyes  (Read 11144 times)

jadetree

Bright Eyes
« on: February 15, 2003, 10:16:00 am »
Bright Eyes will be at the 9:30 April 27th

paige

Re: Bright Eyes
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2003, 11:52:00 am »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. made my day. thanks jadetree  

grotty

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2003, 01:22:00 pm »
Any word on openers? Other Saddle Creekers?<P>The last time I saw Bright Eyes it was like one big excellent music orgy.

jadetree

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2003, 02:08:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by grotty:<BR><B>Any word on openers? Other Saddle Creekers?<P>The last time I saw Bright Eyes it was like one big excellent music orgy.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Matador Records says Arab Strap will be touring with Bright Eyes in April.

raebyddet

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2003, 02:14:00 pm »
This is great. Maybe the crowd will be a bit more cooperative this time. Last time I saw Bright Eyes the crowd was not very interested in the show.

Guiny

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2003, 04:16:00 pm »
That should tell you something.

paige

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2003, 06:31:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guiny:<BR><B>That should tell you something.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yeah, that the crowd was stupid for not liking bright eyes

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2003, 07:12:00 pm »
Bright eyes<BR>Is it a kind of dream<BR>Floating out on the tide,<BR>Following the river of death downstream<BR>Oh is it a dream?<BR>There's a fog along the horizon<BR>A strange glow in the sky,<BR>And nobody seems to know where you go<BR>And what does it mean.<BR>Oh oh is it a dream?<P>Refrain: <BR>Bright eyes burning like fire<BR>Bright eyes how can you close and fail<BR>How can the light that burns so brightly<BR>Suddenly burn so pale?<BR>Bright eyes.<P>Is it a kind of shadow<BR>Reaching into the night<BR>Wandering over the hills unseen,<BR>Or is it a dream?<BR>There's a high wind in the trees<BR>A cold sound in the air<BR>And nobody ever knows when you go<BR>And where do you start<BR>Oh oh, into the dark.<P>[Refrain] <P>
_\|/_

Guiny

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2003, 07:39:00 pm »
Yup five people are right and everybody else is wrong......Actually i'm gonna check out their cd and i'll probably think those people are stupid too :-), then six of us will be right.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paige:<BR><B> yeah, that the crowd was stupid for not liking bright eyes</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

paige

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2003, 07:46:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guiny:<BR><B>Yup five people are right and everybody else is wrong......Actually i'm gonna check out their cd and i'll probably think those people are stupid too :-), then six of us will be right.<P><BR> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>at first when you listen to him, youre like "eh, ok" but conor oberst is amazing. plus i'd love to see a random scattering of 20 musicians on stage with him. that would be  cool<P>

Guiny

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2003, 08:14:00 pm »
Sounds interesting..........also if you want to see fifty musicians on stage go to the George Clinto Concert.....LOL

arcane

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2003, 08:42:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guiny:<BR><B>Yup five people are right and everybody else is wrong......Actually i'm gonna check out their cd and i'll probably think those people are stupid too :-), then six of us will be right.<BR> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Actually I saw two shows on their tour last fall, the one here and the one in Pittsburgh.  The Pittsburgh crowd was *much* more into it, so maybe it's just that people here are stupid.  <BR>

myuman

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2003, 02:45:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by arcane:<BR><B> Actually I saw two shows on their tour last fall, the one here and the one in Pittsburgh.  The Pittsburgh crowd was *much* more into it, so maybe it's just that people here are stupid.   </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Either that or this Bright Eyes band caters to the more red neck crowd.<P>

grotty

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2003, 11:44:00 am »
Hey now...watch it with that Pittsburgh/redneck correlation.<P>Paige is right on - you'll get the cd and like it well enough, but you need to see them in all their incestuous glory to appreciate them. <P><p>[This message has been edited by grotty (edited 02-16-2003).]

lily1

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2003, 02:31:00 pm »
someone please give a description of bright eyes? i've heard the name tossed around but don't know anything. thanks.