Author Topic: Bands that SHOULD reunite? Maybe?  (Read 12123 times)

Mobius

Re: Bands that SHOULD reunite? Maybe?
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 02:52:00 pm »
Wow, Tribe at Ram's Head.  Sorry I missed that.

Speaking of Creeper Lagoon, I saw them at Black Cat in Summer 01.  There couldn't have been more than 12 people there.  It was sad - they just put out an album produced by Jerry Harrison and Dave Fridmann and should have been poised to take off -and instead they were DOA.  Closed with 'Where is My Mind.'  Good band, and get extra respect b/c David Cross once wore a CL t-shirt on a Mr. Show episode.

TheDirector217

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2007, 02:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by le sonick:

Originally posted by TheDirector217:
  I'll cast my vote for Luscious Jackson.
what? why? [/b]
I'm sure everyone here has their little piece of the 90s they can't let go.  Fever In, Fever Out was mine.  I make no apologies for it.  Furthermore . . . .

You paid money to see Coldplay.

Please don't judge.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2007, 02:58:00 pm »
  I'm sure everyone here has their little piece of the 90s they can't let go.  Fever In, Fever Out was mine.  I make no apologies for it.  Furthermore . . . .

If we're going to play that game... and since I can now cross Blur off the list of bands I'd like to see reunite... then I'll vote for Elastica.    :cool:
nothx

Venerable Bede

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2007, 02:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by Fadger:

Actually, I own "Slow Century" but it's still in the wrapper.  Never watched.  I'll have to watch that some day.  I really love Pavement videos.

It's easily the best music DVD I own - it is so thorough - all the videos, two concerts, full documentary etc -  it is as comprehensive as any reasonable fan could hope for.

The final three songs from the final show at Brixton, including Here, makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

Get it out of the wrapper! [/b]
i thought the documentary was really depressing, as a pavement fan.  just to watch them sort of accept what's going on.  then i saw the luna documentary. . . . that was a huge downer.  at least for part of the pavement documentary malkmus was drunk at nastonvich's house.  luna just seemed sad.
OU812

danknugz

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2007, 02:59:00 pm »
haha

amnesiac

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2007, 03:01:00 pm »
Archers of Loaf
 Dismemberment Plan
 At the Drive In

danknugz

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2007, 03:03:00 pm »

Originally posted by le sonick:

I'll cast my vote for Luscious Jackson.
what? why? [/b]

Please don't judge. [/b]
in that case, put me down for veruca salt. but they're only allowed to play off the first album, i'd love to see "25" live

bnyced0

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2007, 03:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mobius:
  Speaking of Creeper Lagoon, I saw them at Black Cat in Summer 01.  There couldn't have been more than 12 people there.  It was sad -  
It doesn't always turn out that way (going defunk that is), saw White Stripes at the Black Cat that same summer (I think) on a Sunday night, and counting me and the bar backs there were maybe 50 people....twas sad indeed, but a phenomenal show.

TheDirector217

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2007, 03:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:

If we're going to play that game... and since I can now cross Blur off the list of bands I'd like to see reunite... then I'll vote for Elastica.      :D

bnyced0

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2007, 03:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:

my own choice goes to Gene. I'd love to see them again.
Yeh no wish list would be complete without them, saw their farewell show at the Astoria, was saaaadddddd indeed.

amnesiac

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2007, 03:15:00 pm »
Don't hold your breath for The Smiths. Via  NME:

Morrissey has revealed he has turned down a near-£40 million offer to tour again with his old band The Smiths.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2007, 03:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:

If we're going to play that game... and since I can now cross Blur off the list of bands I'd like to see reunite... then I'll vote for Elastica.     :cool:  [/b]
Hey, I wouldn't count my chickens...  Even their drummer had a gak habit in the 90's:

Blur man: I was a coke addict.

You underestimate Damon Albarn's ability to piss people off.  Ah, but Blur at the Black Cat in 1995?  The night they released "The Great Escape?"  When Damon said "For what it's worth, we beat Oasis?"  Words can't describe.

I also saw Elastica at the OLD 9:30 club back in the day.  Got back stage too.  I even had a moment with Ms. Frischmann.  But a gentleman never kisses and tells...

Brian

killsaly

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2007, 03:28:00 pm »
25. Soundgarden
 23. STP
 21. Fugazi
 18. Smashing Pumpkins (original)
 15. Grateful Dead
 11. Husker Du
 10. Phish
 2. Talking Heads
 1. Pink Floyd

i agree with these from the original list.

I wouldnt mind catching a White Zombie reunion.

also the afformentioned Hum would be stellar.

sonickteam2

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2007, 03:29:00 pm »
 Furthermore . . . .

Please don't judge.
first of all, i only went cause someone else backed out.  second of all, it was right after rush of blood to the head came out and Parachutes was really not a bad album, had they come back with something good the second time aruond

and "furthermore" you dont hear me wishing for another coldplay show 10 years later, do ya????

edbert

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2007, 03:54:00 pm »
Jellyfish