Author Topic: fantasy football: a league of our own  (Read 285817 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: fantasy football: a league of our own
« Reply #405 on: July 19, 2010, 09:33:56 am »
up to seven teams.  we need at least one more although 3 would be ideal.  shadrach would prefer 5, so we get to 12-team league.

other than the TBDs, managed by brian_c_wallace, it's all returning teams.  let's bring in some new blood.

mmmmm.  bloooooooooood...
<sig>

Shadrach

« Reply #406 on: July 20, 2010, 11:09:19 am »
I'm more than happy with 10, but 8 is eh.

up to seven teams.  we need at least one more although 3 would be ideal.  shadrach would prefer 5, so we get to 12-team league.

other than the TBDs, managed by brian_c_wallace, it's all returning teams.  let's bring in some new blood.

mmmmm.  bloooooooooood...

killsaly

« Reply #407 on: July 20, 2010, 11:19:29 am »
Im in, sorry i havent accepted the request yet.  Hopefully I will do a bit better this season.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #408 on: August 26, 2010, 02:31:49 pm »
we're up to 10 teams, so for the moment i've locked down the league.  if any late-comers want to join, please PM me.  we'd need a pair of you since a head-to-head league requires an even number of teams.  i'd like to avoid last year's last-minute scramble to find a team (or what it the previous year?).

for the managers who are signed up, please review the league settings at http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/147240/settings - no changes from previous years, i believe.

REMINDER: Draft Time is Monday Aug 30 at 8:00pm EDT 

god luck to everyone, and remember: don't let BookerT win.
<sig>

BookerT

« Reply #409 on: August 26, 2010, 02:47:07 pm »
i'd like to avoid last year's last-minute scramble to find a team (or what it the previous year?).

god luck to everyone, and remember: don't let BookerT win.

it was the previous year and i was who joined last minute. the rest is history.

do your best, losers.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #410 on: August 29, 2010, 10:20:57 pm »
reminder: draft is tomorrow, Monday Aug 30, at 8 pm EDT.
<sig>

Shadrach

« Reply #411 on: August 30, 2010, 02:42:42 pm »
In the future it would be nice if we could select the draft order ahead of time to help us prepare. I don't know if there's a fair way to do this, but it would be beneficial.

Something to think about for next season.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #412 on: August 30, 2010, 02:57:02 pm »
In the future it would be nice if we could select the draft order ahead of time to help us prepare. I don't know if there's a fair way to do this, but it would be beneficial.

I think that's something standard with Yahoo.  The draft order always seems to be set only about a half and hour before the draft.  I'm not even sure if you can physically set it to be revealed earlier.

Brian

Shadrach

« Reply #413 on: August 30, 2010, 03:00:30 pm »
The commissioner has the ability to set the draft order in advance.

I think that's something standard with Yahoo.  The draft order always seems to be set only about a half and hour before the draft.  I'm not even sure if you can physically set it to be revealed earlier.

Brian

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #414 on: August 30, 2010, 03:34:21 pm »

have i mentioned that i have the #1 draft pick?  ;D

just kidding... i didn't know that the commish could set the order.  certainly something i'd be happy to do in the future.

i think it's too late to change the order for today - i mean, technically it could be done but i don't like such last-minute changes.  brian is correct, draft order will be revealed at 7:30 tonight.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #415 on: August 30, 2010, 07:35:59 pm »

just kidding...

no, seriously, i was kidding. 

kinda freaky.
<sig>

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #416 on: August 30, 2010, 07:50:05 pm »

just kidding... i didn't know that the commish could set the order.  certainly something i'd be happy to do in the future.

i think it's too late to change the order for today - i mean, technically it could be done but i don't like such last-minute changes.  brian is correct, draft order will be revealed at 7:30 tonight.

Ugh. Having trouble loading
nothx

Shadrach

« Reply #417 on: September 17, 2010, 02:16:35 pm »
Any thoughts from week 1?

BigDavid

« Reply #418 on: September 17, 2010, 02:18:07 pm »
I won...that is a nice thought. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #419 on: September 17, 2010, 04:10:43 pm »
league's-bitch-of-the-week award goes to We Are Both Carls.  he scored the second-most points so only one team could beat him... unfortunately, that was his opponent (T-Bars).  so he's in 6th place, with over twice as many points as the person in 5th.

matt forte racks up 30 points, aka a fifth of what he got all season last year?!?  and who is this arian foster kid?  he puts up 41 points - when he only scored 47 all season long in 2009?!?  it's official, folks.  bookerT either has very, very powerful friends or has made a deal with the devil (same thing, i suppose).

on my team, i was sorely disappointed that Sims-Walker and Harvin combined for a 1 point.  nice work guys.  had they pulled their own weight, We Are Both Carls probably wouldn't be feeling so bad right now ;D

interesting that this week, #1 plays #3 and #2 plays #4. 

(latest rumor: this year's SB half-time show = black eyed peas.  i see some half-time grilling in my future...)
<sig>