Author Topic: fantasy football: a league of our own  (Read 288988 times)

BookerT

Re: fantasy football: a league of our own
« Reply #420 on: September 17, 2010, 04:34:32 pm »

matt forte racks up 30 points, aka a fifth of what he got all season last year?!?  and who is this arian foster kid?  he puts up 41 points - when he only scored 47 all season long in 2009?!?  it's official, folks.  bookerT either has very, very powerful friends or has made a deal with the devil (same thing, i suppose).

good to know that i can still be the top team in the league when my top 2 picks don't come through. arian foster's the truth! on my way to the threepeat...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #421 on: September 17, 2010, 05:13:49 pm »
crush him, opulence.

in other news, i'm rolling the dice with Vick this weekend (benching romo).  thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 11:25:09 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #422 on: September 17, 2010, 11:31:12 pm »
new feature:

The commish must enable public sharing for the League before managers can Like their league and receive alerts on Facebook.

Enabling public sharing of your league will establish a public URL that you can share with your friends to allow them to view your league, even if they're not part of it. The Share module will appear at the bottom of each league page and will be visible to all league members. Currently, messages and user names will be hidden, but all other league and team pages will be accessible. At any point, you can stop people outside of your league from being able to view it by disabling this feature.

Enabling this feature will also create Facebook Like buttons on your league home page to make it easier to share your league and to allow you to receive updates about your league through Facebook. If you disable this feature, you will no longer receive league updates through Facebook.

thoughts?  i won't be enabling the facebook tie-ins, that's a team-by-team decision.  do people care enough to share their performance with the outside world?  will anyone outside the league bother visiting?
<sig>

killsaly

« Reply #423 on: September 19, 2010, 06:20:14 pm »
sweet, was was your paypal address?

BookerT

« Reply #424 on: September 21, 2010, 07:26:57 pm »
i would have tied this week but replay judge overturned that vernon davis 2pt conversion, which tied the game, allowing brees to get one more drive, which meant he got me a couple more points, giving me the victory and a 2-0 start.

BigDavid

« Reply #425 on: September 28, 2010, 10:12:44 am »
Did I tell everyone how much I hated the 9th drafting spot this year yet? 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #426 on: October 03, 2010, 05:15:28 pm »
i suppose the Vick thing was too good to last.  dammit.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #427 on: October 12, 2010, 12:03:15 am »
this week has been such an up and down experience for me.

first, i'm up against BookerT.  this is never a good thing.  i've beaten him in the past, but not often.  ugh.

then, early on sunday, i saw that he didn't start matt forte (who had a MONSTER game), and his TE, finley, goes out early in the 'skins game.  for a while i think i have a legitimate shot at a W.  i hadz a happee. 

then, half my team doesn't show up.  boldin puts up a donut, barber a single, clark a deuce.  thanks guys, you're awesome.  i'm down 18 points going in to MNF with only harvin left.  depression returns.

after 45 mins of MNF, the depression is only reinforced.  after so many seasons, you'd think it's impossible that favre fogets how to throw the ball... but that's pretty much that case.

then, the rainbow appears.  a 30+ yard TD throw to harvin and i'm within 4 points of earning a tie.

7 mins left.  2 horrible throws to harvin a row, both uncatcheable, that leads to a 4th down kick.  i'm about to start chewing the furniture in my hotel room here.  the 18-point defeat would have been easier to take, no matter what the outcome of this game is.

edit: four and a half minutes left and harvin comes within a hair of returning a punt.  i'm about to call room service to see if they have any crowbars, since that it what it will take to get me off the ceiling. 

edit#2: OH
MY
FUCKING
GAWD
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:14:24 am by sweetcell »
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #428 on: October 12, 2010, 12:31:09 am »
We Are Both Carls, you're welcome.

after all that... i maintain my 3rd place spot.  i'll take it ;D
<sig>

BookerT

« Reply #429 on: October 12, 2010, 11:26:07 am »
it's cute to get so worked up about a game in week 5.

when you're coming off back-to-back championships, you kinda save that intensity for the playoffs...

crevers

« Reply #430 on: October 12, 2010, 05:36:30 pm »
We Are Both Carls, you're welcome.

after all that... i maintain my 3rd place spot.  i'll take it ;D

I went to bed at halftime assuming I'd be alone in 2nd place behind a still undefeated T-Bars.  Thanks for the promotion!

That being said, with the exception of 0-5 killsaly, everybody's within 2 games of first place.  It's a wide open league and a long way to go.

killsaly

« Reply #431 on: October 13, 2010, 02:23:11 pm »
Yeah my autodraft didnt do me any favors. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #432 on: October 22, 2010, 05:43:45 pm »
my #4 pick, dallas clark, is out for the season. my #2, pierre thomas, has missed more games than he's played.  #7 and #8 are gone, having never showed up.

just like the NFL, i feel this could be anyone's year.  cool x 2  :)
<sig>

crevers

« Reply #433 on: October 26, 2010, 12:21:28 am »
Barring some score change overnight, I think that's my 2nd tie in League 930.  I should be grateful for junk time stats (last 2 points were Felix Jones receiving yards on the last drive), sad for my lineup choices (I chose the worst possible lineup from my non-bye players), and absolutely furious at the Dallas defense (was Tony Romo secretly the glue guy on the defense?).

P&P, good game, I look forward to facing you again.  Preferably with Peyton Manning and Antonio Gates.

BookerT

« Reply #434 on: October 26, 2010, 10:34:57 am »
after two straight losses my team got back to business this week. i mean, even 2 dudes on my bench scored twice as many points as brian wallace's entire starting lineup.