Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306325 times)

gaaaaaaaaah

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #270 on: September 06, 2014, 08:25:00 pm »
yeah i guess it wont be easy (and they probably want to see him to show he can stay healthy longer before making the commitment) but id love to see the nats lock him up anyway. the guys done everything asked of him and shined all over the field. i still expect harper to live up to his talent (or at least more so than he has so far) but right now rendon is the young guy to watch on this team. hopefully he gets a bit of the spotlight come playoff time

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #271 on: September 06, 2014, 10:44:37 pm »
i went to a game today.  it was fun, and very hot.  great seats.  hot dogs and popcorn and drinks and ice cream and neatoness.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #272 on: September 08, 2014, 09:41:53 am »
yeah i guess it wont be easy (and they probably want to see him to show he can stay healthy longer before making the commitment) but id love to see the nats lock him up anyway. the guys done everything asked of him and shined all over the field. i still expect harper to live up to his talent (or at least more so than he has so far) but right now rendon is the young guy to watch on this team. hopefully he gets a bit of the spotlight come playoff time
Rendon has become my favorite National. He's fun to watch no matter where he is playing. He hustles, keeps his head down, is a team player, and seems to let his work speak for him more than anything. It's almost insane how consistent he's been all year.
‼‼?‼‼

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #273 on: September 09, 2014, 06:32:34 am »
winning last night was huge. pressure was already all on the braves, now even more so. winning tonight will more or less put the division on ice.

how good has storen looked? im really hoping williams sticks with him even if soriano appears to regain form in his next few outings. also hoping rizzo is watching and realizes he doesnt need to go out and grab another high price closer this winter

also very nice to see gio finally pitching like a top of the rotation guy again.

now the big question is will ryan be able to make it back in time to be in any sort of groove come playoff time

hutch

« Reply #274 on: September 09, 2014, 07:12:06 am »

also very nice to see gio finally pitching like a top of the rotation guy again.

huh? that was fister dude!

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #275 on: September 09, 2014, 08:28:14 am »
im aware. wasnt referring to last night with that line. gio's last couple starts have been great

fisters been great all year so thats not news

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #276 on: September 09, 2014, 08:46:33 am »
How fun was it when Williams came out to get Fister, but went back to the dugout?  Storen with 3 strikeouts.  What a game.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #277 on: September 09, 2014, 09:36:52 am »
How fun was it when Williams came out to get Fister, but went back to the dugout?  Storen with 3 strikeouts.  What a game.
I was at the park last night. Crowd exploded after the team came in, looking like Fister was about to be taken out. Standing ovation. Then everyone disbands and Fister is still on the hill. Place went nuts! Super excited I got to go last night. After the Barves 1 run there as a faint "tribe chant" or whatever but they were flooded out by tons of boo's. The chants for DREWWWWWW at the end of the game were awesome too. Super fun game to go to. Excited for the rest of the series!
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #278 on: September 16, 2014, 10:06:16 am »
Magic number down to 2? Can clinch tonight? Yeah?

Rough outing for Rafael Soriano. Last night he proved he cannot be trusted... I guess.
‼‼?‼‼

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #279 on: September 16, 2014, 10:21:46 am »
how realistic is soriano being left off the playoff roster altogether? he doesnt seem to be a reliever comfortable pitching any inning, and he looked awful back in the 9th last night. at this point he seems like a waste of a playoff roster spot since he still cant be trusted in important situations, but would williams do it? i feel for soriano and id love to see him get it together but time isnt on his side right now

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #280 on: September 16, 2014, 11:03:12 am »
He came in last week in the 7th or 8th, I forget against who... But he had a decent reliever inning. It's way too late in the season to experiment. Maybe he'll come in after the Nats lock up the division and give some guys a day or 2 off before they head for the top seed in the league.

I feel for him. It's a shame, but everything has not been the same since the All Star Break. Drew has been lights out though.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #281 on: September 16, 2014, 11:23:38 am »
I don't feel for him. He's a man. And yes, he's a man playing a kids game, but if he's not playing it well, leave him off the roster and let him take it like a man. He still makes a ton of cash anyway.

hutch

« Reply #282 on: September 16, 2014, 11:33:09 am »
how realistic is soriano being left off the playoff roster altogether? he doesnt seem to be a reliever comfortable pitching any inning, and he looked awful back in the 9th last night. at this point he seems like a waste of a playoff roster spot since he still cant be trusted in important situations, but would williams do it? i feel for soriano and id love to see him get it together but time isnt on his side right now

I would say realistic... yesterday was a "test" and he failed...

Nats could clinch tonight!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #283 on: September 16, 2014, 11:56:29 am »
Heard on the radio that Williams was considering leaving Zimmerman on the bench as a DH and possibly to come in relief in left field or at first base. Word is he doesn't want to mess with Rendon at 3rd and Cabrera at 2nd. How crazy is that! I guess it's different because Zimmerman can't rehab in the minors when he comes back.

I hope the Nats clinch tonight. I home they just blast the Braves. It's the Braves "last gasp" of sorts. Fuck them.
‼‼?‼‼

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #284 on: September 16, 2014, 11:59:24 am »
Heard on the radio that Williams was considering leaving Zimmerman on the bench as a DH and possibly to come in relief in left field or at first base.
this doesnt really make any sense when you consider ryans defense is his liability at this point. you dont put a defensive downgrade in as a late game sub

i dont really have any doubt that ryan will be a starter come playoff time.