Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306371 times)

vansmack

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #630 on: April 05, 2015, 01:33:48 pm »
Congrats - the Nats are going to host the 2018 All Star Game.  That's a great weekend.  I may even come out for it....
27>34

brennser

« Reply #631 on: April 05, 2015, 07:05:21 pm »
awesome!

Congrats - the Nats are going to host the 2018 All Star Game.  That's a great weekend.  I may even come out for it....

vansmack

« Reply #632 on: April 06, 2015, 12:27:28 pm »
awesome!

No promises.  My last two trips to DC have been plagued with travel woes....
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #633 on: April 07, 2015, 09:46:35 am »
So stoked for this! Always wanted to go to a Home Run Derby!
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #634 on: April 09, 2015, 02:52:31 pm »
I was hoping for a little more in this Strasburg / Harvey duel.
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #635 on: April 11, 2015, 11:48:09 pm »
real ugly loss today.

i don't think danny espinosa has any business on any MLB roster, nevermind the clubhouse that is favored to win the world series.

stevewizzle

« Reply #636 on: April 11, 2015, 11:55:03 pm »
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 11:56:50 pm by Carlos Spicyweiner »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #637 on: April 13, 2015, 10:38:14 am »
Danny Espinosa hasn't been good for a couple seasons now and it's super disappointing. The chemistry him and Desi have on the defensive side is awesome. Too bad he just stacks up strikeouts. We'll see if he can get it going without being a switch hitter.

Nats desperately need Span/Rendon/Werth back. Although if they can eek out some wins it'll be fine.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #638 on: April 13, 2015, 11:40:41 am »
You'd figure Harper could carry the team.....he's the best.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #639 on: April 13, 2015, 12:01:48 pm »
Of the four big American pro sports, baseball is by far the one where an "elite" player can "carry" his team the least.
LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #640 on: April 13, 2015, 12:42:15 pm »

please fall down a flight of stairs.

stevewizzle

« Reply #641 on: April 13, 2015, 12:46:02 pm »
Danny Espinosa hasn't been good for a couple seasons now and it's super disappointing. The chemistry him and Desi have on the defensive side is awesome. Too bad he just stacks up strikeouts. We'll see if he can get it going without being a switch hitter.

Nats desperately need Span/Rendon/Werth back. Although if they can eek out some wins it'll be fine.

yeah, the guys playing now have to hit more, regardless.  des, uggla and ramos look awful, espinosa is an automatic out when he plays, michael taylor needs to get sent down to single A to learn how to play the game of baseball, and zimmerman appears to have a long way to go before he provides any sort of sound defense at 1B.  the season isn't won in april but shit, they could end up fighting for a wild card spot if they continue to have an ugly april.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #642 on: April 13, 2015, 12:51:48 pm »

please fall down a flight of stairs.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #643 on: April 13, 2015, 01:07:22 pm »

yeah, the guys playing now have to hit more, regardless.  des, uggla and ramos look awful, espinosa is an automatic out when he plays, michael taylor needs to get sent down to single A to learn how to play the game of baseball, and zimmerman appears to have a long way to go before he provides any sort of sound defense at 1B.  the season isn't won in april but shit, they could end up fighting for a wild card spot if they continue to have an ugly april.
Michael Taylor was awesome in his handful of games last year. I think he can be as consistent as Rendon once he gets the fulltime call up. Desi is notoriously slow to start on both sides of the ball. It's so friggin weird. He should start spring training in December to get hot by the season start. I also think Ramos hits better with RISP, but no one can seem to get on base for him. I think they'll come around. Werth in the line-up today should help boost the top of the order. I'm surprised Tyler Moore hasn't been given more of a chance.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #644 on: April 13, 2015, 01:15:15 pm »
Probably a better chance of Harper striking out than me falling down the stairs.... what's he on pace for anyways?