Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306439 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #645 on: April 13, 2015, 01:20:38 pm »
Probably a better chance of Harper striking out than me falling down the stairs....
Well, since you, by all appearences live in a 972 foot single-level home, I'm not certain you face enough opportunities to fall down stairs to make such a one-to-one statistical comparison meaningful. Since, you know, Hall of Fame baseball players strike out multiple times a week. . .
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #646 on: April 13, 2015, 01:26:53 pm »
Probably a better chance of Harper striking out than me falling down the stairs....
Well, since you, by all appearences live in a 972 foot single-level home, I'm not certain you face enough opportunities to fall down stairs to make such a one-to-one statistical comparison meaningful. Since, you know, Hall of Fame baseball players strike out multiple times a week. . .

ha ha.. he has 9 strikeouts in 6 games.... so on pace for 243 K this season

I really don't care what you think of the house I live in Julian...certainly not enough to correct you.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #647 on: April 13, 2015, 01:29:38 pm »
I guess my bigger point is that any baseball player with even a handful of at-bats will inevitably have more strikeouts this year than times you will fall down the stairs. Unless you have a raging alcohol abuse problem, I suppose. Do you have a raging alcohol abuse problem? It would explain the disheveled nature of your lawn and the lack of funds to purchase a proper-sized house for a family of 4.

I think we might have cracked the case, guys!
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #648 on: April 13, 2015, 01:38:09 pm »
I guess my bigger point is that any baseball player with even a handful of at-bats will inevitably have more strikeouts this year than times you will fall down the stairs. Unless you have a raging alcohol abuse problem, I suppose. Do you have a raging alcohol abuse problem? It would explain the disheveled nature of your lawn and the lack of funds to purchase a proper-sized house for a family of 4.

I think we might have cracked the case, guys!

I'm happy with where I live...my only consideration is the schools,services and playgrounds for my special needs children...

but yeah.. I'm not big on lawn care.... I'll try to do a better job this year though...

the neighbour mowed his lawn this weekend so I am behind the eight ball at this point...

shemptiness

« Reply #649 on: April 13, 2015, 03:54:10 pm »
Wow.  Nats defense is as atrocious as their hitting at this point.  They look like the Bad News Bears out there today.   At least they have those starters.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 04:15:10 pm by Nuke LaLush »

stevewizzle

« Reply #650 on: April 13, 2015, 04:01:10 pm »

stevewizzle

« Reply #651 on: April 13, 2015, 04:07:24 pm »
Danny Espinosa hasn't been good for a couple seasons now and it's super disappointing. The chemistry him and Desi have on the defensive side is awesome. Too bad he just stacks up strikeouts. We'll see if he can get it going without being a switch hitter.

Nats desperately need Span/Rendon/Werth back. Although if they can eek out some wins it'll be fine.

yeah, the guys playing now have to hit more, regardless.  des, uggla and ramos look awful, espinosa is an automatic out when he plays, michael taylor needs to get sent down to single A to learn how to play the game of baseball, and zimmerman appears to have a long way to go before he provides any sort of sound defense at 1B.  the season isn't won in april but shit, they could end up fighting for a wild card spot if they continue to have an ugly april.
Michael Taylor was awesome in his handful of games last year. I think he can be as consistent as Rendon once he gets the fulltime call up. Desi is notoriously slow to start on both sides of the ball. It's so friggin weird. He should start spring training in December to get hot by the season start. I also think Ramos hits better with RISP, but no one can seem to get on base for him. I think they'll come around. Werth in the line-up today should help boost the top of the order. I'm surprised Tyler Moore hasn't been given more of a chance.

taylor has a future, no doubt, but the big leagues speed hasn't caught up to him yet.  he's not nearly as instinctive as a CF should be, and his hesitation on the bases when he was thrown out at the plate was costly, although why they sent him home in the first place with harper coming up was dumb.  i believe he was also thrown out stealing a bag either friday or saturday?  he's got plenty of tools, just doesn't know how to use them yet.

hutch

« Reply #652 on: April 13, 2015, 04:39:13 pm »
well on the positive side.. Harper has only one strikeout today...

of course there are still like five innings..

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #653 on: April 13, 2015, 05:04:54 pm »
Holy crap. Just checked the score. What the hell!!
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

hutch

« Reply #655 on: April 13, 2015, 06:10:48 pm »
well on the positive side.. Harper has only one strikeout today...

of course there are still like five innings..

spoke too soon.. he's now got two..

shemptiness

stevewizzle

« Reply #657 on: April 14, 2015, 06:49:42 pm »
michael taylor either doesn't know the teams signs, or the nats coaching is awful.  he missed a hit and run call (getting desmond thrown out by a mile) and then squared to bunt with two outs and a man on second.

either way, he gets the job done with a base hit and bats in the nats first run. raw talent is a weird thing sometimes.

hutch

« Reply #658 on: April 15, 2015, 08:06:14 am »
you want to talk raw talent? how about harper last night?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #659 on: April 15, 2015, 10:43:07 am »
you want to talk raw talent? how about harper last night?
???
‼‼?‼‼