Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306244 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #675 on: April 15, 2015, 01:00:26 pm »
there is nothing trolling about saying Harper blows...
There is because you know Harper doesn't "blow." You know that's wildly hyperbolic and you don't really believe he is a less-than-average MLB player. You simply keep saying that to get a rise out of Nats fans. That's what trolling is.

sharing it repeatedly on a public forum is really beyond the acceptable.. your jokes about my home speak very poorly of the person you are.... its none of your business where i live
Except, again, I did none of this. You posted your address on here. No one, myself included, has ever re-posted it. I have posted absolutely zero personally identifiable information about you (or any other member) that you (or that hypothetical member) didn't post yourselves. Looking something up online for my own edification is not the same as "sharing it repeatedly on a public forum" as you claim. That's called doxxing and I would be banned if I did.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 01:04:47 pm by Julian, Verified SHITLORD »
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #676 on: April 15, 2015, 01:58:48 pm »
Speaking of Harp he scored in the first inning. Whoop!
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #677 on: April 15, 2015, 02:02:23 pm »
there is nothing trolling about saying Harper blows...
There is because you know Harper doesn't "blow." You know that's wildly hyperbolic and you don't really believe he is a less-than-average MLB player. You simply keep saying that to get a rise out of Nats fans. That's what trolling is.

exactly.

noting every time bryce harper strikes out through the first 10 games of the season... who cares? are you looking to engage in any sort of meaningful conversation, or are you just shaking your fist and trying to evoke emotion? players are hot and cold, baseball is a game of averages.

go look at evan gattis' start to the season if you really want an interesting case of the strikeouts.

stevewizzle

« Reply #678 on: April 15, 2015, 02:05:10 pm »
and the list of the nats problems right now... harper striking out doesn't even make the top 10. 

shemptiness

« Reply #679 on: April 15, 2015, 02:12:28 pm »
and the list of the nats problems right now... harper striking out doesn't even make the top 10. 

dee-fense

they're at it again today

stevewizzle

« Reply #680 on: April 16, 2015, 04:24:34 pm »
Paraphrased from News of the Weird:

According to the NY Times, Max Scherzer told Nats manager, Matt Williams, in March that he requires assistance during daily warm up sessions and spoke of the importance of simulating actual game conditions. As a starting pitcher he needs someone to stand beside him and hum the "Star Spangled Banner" before he begins practice.

A blog from the Washington Post reports it a bit differently: "Scherzer, who is so deeply invested in routine that he hummed the Star Spangled Banner before throwing live batting practice in spring training, said he is ready for the chaos."

And the Savannah Morning News says that Matt Williams was the hummer. "It's Max's thing," Williams says.

WHAT A GLORY BOY. HUTCH, RIP THIS ASSHOLE APART. THE FUCKING NERVE, HE HASN'T EVEN WON A GAME.

ggw

« Reply #681 on: April 16, 2015, 04:30:18 pm »
So the story is about Max Scherzer, Matt Williams, and a hummer?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #682 on: April 17, 2015, 10:01:05 am »

According to the NY Times, Max Scherzer told Nats manager, Matt Williams, in March that he requires assistance during daily warm up sessions and spoke of the importance of simulating actual game conditions. As a starting pitcher he needs someone to stand beside him and hum the "Star Spangled Banner" before he begins practice.

A blog from the Washington Post reports it a bit differently: "Scherzer, who is so deeply invested in routine that he hummed the Star Spangled Banner before throwing live batting practice in spring training, said he is ready for the chaos."

And the Savannah Morning News says that Matt Williams was the hummer. "It's Max's thing," Williams says.

WHAT A GLORY BOY. HUTCH, RIP THIS ASSHOLE APART. THE FUCKING NERVE, HE HASN'T EVEN WON A GAME.
On top of this, HOW many strike outs does Max have? OVERRATED.
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #683 on: April 17, 2015, 11:56:21 am »

On top of this, HOW many strike outs does Max have? OVERRATED.

he's struck out 50% of his at bats this year.  210 million to strikeout every other at bat, ridiculous.

« Reply #684 on: April 17, 2015, 12:09:39 pm »
he's struck out 50% of his at bats this year.  210 million to strikeout every other at bat, ridiculous.
Point is Scherzer sucks at baseball. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go home to my 972 sq ft domicile.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #685 on: April 17, 2015, 12:12:56 pm »
Ian Desmond is on pace for 97 errors this season.

Space Freely

« Reply #686 on: April 17, 2015, 12:33:03 pm »
Point is Scherzer sucks at baseball. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go home to my 972 sq ft domicile.

I'd like to point out that the cost of a 972 sf house in Arlington is probably about the same as a six bedroom house on five acres of land in Richmond.

stevewizzle

« Reply #687 on: April 17, 2015, 12:54:23 pm »

I'd like to point out that the cost of a 972 sf house in Arlington is probably about the same as a six bedroom house on five acres of land in Richmond.

*mic drop*

« Reply #688 on: April 17, 2015, 12:59:43 pm »
I guess if that's comforting to one whose children are growing up in squalor, then more power to them.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #689 on: April 17, 2015, 01:05:50 pm »
I guess if that's comforting to one whose children are growing up in squalor, then more power to them.

That's about the average size for a house in Europe, and I'd hardly say the average child in Europe is living in squalor.

http://www.demographia.com/db-intlhouse.htm