Author Topic: Wisdom teeth = Death  (Read 3533 times)

paige

Wisdom teeth = Death
« on: August 04, 2004, 03:40:00 pm »
heyyyy everyone.. been very MIA lately.. just got my wisdom teeth out yesterday too... agjelkjglj it hurts a lot. just wanted to see if anyone had any nice little tips on how to NOT BE SWOLLEN LIKE A FREAK and/or NOT HAVE MY MOUTH FEEL LIKE DEATH.

have a great day!!!   :D

brennser

Re: Wisdom teeth = Death
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 03:47:00 pm »
aaah yes, wisdom teeth are the proverbial bitch

My wife is still haunted by the sight of me regaining consciousness after the surgery, and trying to talk to her, only to have blood ooze from my mouth

Percoset was my friend that week

pepper*sans*salt

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 04:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by i do not heart your balls:
  heyyyy everyone.. been very MIA lately.. just got my wisdom teeth out yesterday too... agjelkjglj it hurts a lot. just wanted to see if anyone had any nice little tips on how to NOT BE SWOLLEN LIKE A FREAK and/or NOT HAVE MY MOUTH FEEL LIKE DEATH.

have a great day!!!    :D  
I feel your pain, brother. About 4 or 5 years ago i had all four of my wisdom teeth removed--at the same time. What a messy, drooling mess I was. My mouth was so numb that when I swallowed a half dozen painkillers I inevitably swallowed the half dozen bloody pieces of gauze that were stuffed in my mouth. Wanna talk fun? Try that. On the plus side, I saved all four teeth. They inhabit a nice little corner of my jewelry box. Seriously.

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 04:12:00 pm »
You guys are such kids. I'm more worried about false teeth than wisdom teeth.

jkeisenh

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 04:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by pepper*sans*salt:
 I feel your pain, brother. About 4 or 5 years ago i had all four of my wisdom teeth removed--at the same time.
When I had two removed, they said the other two would be just fine-- impacted, never to reveal themselves.  They were wrong, and I got to go through the ordeal TWICE.  fun.

Samantha

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 04:57:00 pm »
man, wisdom teeth removal was a breeze.  I was knocked out and didn't feel a thing all day.  only thing that bothered me was the antibiotic...so I just didn't take it.  I got really swollen though, but that didn't bother me either.  I looked cuter that way.  like a chipmunk.

vansmack

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 05:04:00 pm »
I still have 4 baby teeth and my wisdom teeth.

That should just about explain how I feel about dentists.
27>34

Guiny

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2004, 05:17:00 pm »
I got very lucky with my wisdom teeth, no swelling and slept for three days on tylenol 3.

Bags

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2004, 05:31:00 pm »
I had three pulled the day after my last exam of my junior year of college -- I was already in such a haze, I didn't know what was going on and whether it was sleep deprivation or the teeth thing...

Captain Jack

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2004, 06:35:00 pm »
Ice - ten minutes on, ten minutes off.
 Vicodin
 Shoegazin'

Get to it.

eddie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2004, 06:40:00 pm »
I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled the day after getting my ass beat all to hell in the pit at a Suicidal Tendencies show at the old 9:30 Club.  I am told the people in the waiting room were aghast when I came out because in addition to the jaw and face swelling one of my blackened eyes was swollen shut and the other had that cool "blood-in-the-whites-of-the-eye" thing going as a result of my ass whooping.

Lamb007

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2004, 07:21:00 pm »
Had all four done back in '95.  When I woke up from my "twilight", I asked the surgeon if I looked like Brad Pitt now.  Apparently, I believed I had just had some major plastic surgery.

Two words:  dry sockets.

Avoid straws (and related suction devices) like the plague.

samanthaalison

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2004, 07:42:00 pm »
It'll get better in a couple of days.

I went to HFStival two days after I got mine out. My face was HUUUUUUUGE and I felt funny.

I never had problems with pain, thanks to the painkillers, but I couldn't eat for two days because the pills made me throw up.

paige

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2004, 09:13:00 pm »
i feel alright i guess.. the first day was a breeze (no swelling, no pain) but today i am all puffed up and kinda feel like shit. no more painkillers for me- too hard on the system. just lots of tylenol/motrin/etc. tons of icepacks too. i just hope i'm better by the weekend. possible?

i have all of my four teeth too, i had to make sure they saved em. apparently when i woke up from the anesthesia, i was curtsey-ing and high fiving everyone in the office/elevator. i also had these weird cysts behind all of my teeth -- first words the dentist said "ITS NOT CANCER" - however, just hearing that word made me freak out and i almost broke into hysterics. oh well.

helicon1

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2004, 12:12:00 am »
DENTISTS ALL SUCK. It's always bad news one way or another. How else would they make their cash money?