Author Topic: anyone else mad that the 930 cares more about money than  (Read 13854 times)

SamZeb

Re: anyone else mad that the 930 cares more about money than
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2003, 06:38:00 pm »
You mean you wouldn't rather stay home and watch the 2-hour finale of Joe Millionaire?<P>:-O

poorlulu

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2003, 06:52:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamZeb:<BR><B>You mean you wouldn't rather stay home and watch the 2-hour finale of Joe Millionaire?<P>:-O</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>well of course i would and will..........i wanna see which piece of white trash wins...........oh and remember the real winner is the one he doesn't pick..........

marvin_mooney

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2003, 07:08:00 pm »
poor lulu-<P>get aids<P>dr. doom-<BR>"Why should the DC patrons of a DC club suffer a cancelled show just because Marylanders are too lazy-assed to get out of their snowbound SUVs and walk to the show?"<BR>way to assume jackass, i have a small sedan, that is already shoveled out. the roads are just shitty, plain and simple. even the dc metro has extremely reduced service. also, i forget you fucks on mt. dc get mad when someone wants to come to your shithole. keep bending over for the 9:30, they love it. and yea, the ticket was only $15 ER $20 with that lovely service charge, but when you are in school,that adds up, so go be a jackass somewhere else. bet your going to the sum 41 one show cockchowder. <P>

poorlulu

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2003, 07:11:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marvin_mooney:<BR><B>poor lulu-<P>get aids<P>dr. doom-<BR>"Why should the DC patrons of a DC club suffer a cancelled show just because Marylanders are too lazy-assed to get out of their snowbound SUVs and walk to the show?"<BR>way to assume jackass, i have a small sedan, that is already shoveled out. the roads are just shitty, plain and simple. even the dc metro has extremely reduced service. also, i forget you fucks on mt. dc get mad when someone wants to come to your shithole. keep bending over for the 9:30, they love it. and yea, the ticket was only $15 ER $20 with that lovely service charge, but when you are in school,that adds up, so go be a jackass somewhere else. bet your going to the sum 41 one show cockchowder. <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>erm........are you sure you are actually old enough to drive..........?<P>awwwww will mommy not take you to the show tonight.............?<BR>

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2003, 07:19:00 pm »
Why should DC patrons have to suffer because you don't want to drive your already-shoveled-out El Camino from your hick outside-the-beltway suburb into town because you're too lazy to put chains on the tires?<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marvin_mooney:<BR><B>poor lulu-<P>get aids<P>dr. doom-<P>way to assume jackass, i have a small sedan, that is already shoveled out. the roads are just shitty, plain and simple. even the dc metro has extremely reduced service. also, i forget you fucks on mt. dc get mad when someone wants to come to your shithole. keep bending over for the 9:30, they love it. and yea, the ticket was only $15 ER $20 with that lovely service charge, but when you are in school,that adds up, so go be a jackass somewhere else. bet your going to the sum 41 one show cockchowder. <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
_\|/_

ggw

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2003, 07:25:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marvin_mooney:<BR><B>i have a small penis</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

marvin_mooney

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2003, 07:29:00 pm »
enough of this childish insult and name -calling<P>While the 930 club is a business and obviously can't really call off the show if the band is there and they are from overseas, they should give refunds to the patrons who cannot make it due to the snow.  I am a big fan, and I am  really upset that I cannot go to the show..however, I am TOTALLY snowed in in baltimore..i have already dug out my car, but my road is totally unplowed and there is no way my car is gonna make it.  Even the snowplow sent to plow out the road got stuck!<BR>I walked to the convenience store on the main road, and even that is icy and slippery...there was NO ONE out!  It is very dangerous, unless you have 4 WD. <BR>they souuld not penalize peole for being smart enough to not drive in dangerous conditions.  Even DC has the metro limited to underground rails only and 1 train per hour.  I think it is very uinfair to penalize me and everyone else in the MD and VA area without a 4 WD or acess to the metro/ busses...$20 may not seem like a lot to you, but i have little  money.  It is  a matter of principle and integrity on the part of the 930 club as well.  Concert tickets cost money cause you are paying for a service, The 930 club is raking in thousands from patrons who are not recieving the service that they paid for, through no fault of their own.  That is bad business, and it is unfair...fine, enjoy the show for those of you lucky enough to get there...as fro the rest of us...please refund our money for the service we did not recieve through no fault of our own!!

jadetree

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2003, 07:33:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marvin_mooney:<BR><B>The 930 club is raking in thousands from patrons who are not recieving the service that they paid for </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I HIGHLY doubt it.

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2003, 07:34:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamZeb:<BR><B>You mean you wouldn't rather stay home and watch the 2-hour finale of Joe Millionaire?<P>:-O</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I would. But I'm going to see Ladytron anyways.<P>

poorlulu

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2003, 07:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by marvin_mooney:<BR><B><BR>While the 930 club is a business and obviously can't really call off the show if the band is there and they are from overseas,</B><P>errr exactly well done you for working that one out............did your mum explain it to you.......?<P><B>they should give refunds to the patrons who cannot make it due to the snow. </B><P>errr no cos as great as seth is he didn't cause the snow, these things happen sorry you are unable to attend but that's no-ones fault ...........you pay your money and you take your chances.<P>oh and incidently you started the name calling .............twat<BR>

Sir HC

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2003, 07:40:00 pm »
I have a front wheel drive saturn LS.  Not an SUV, but I made it out.  Roads are not that bad.  I live in Columbia, and we had 26.6" according to the weather report.  If you had the flu, would you have felt they should also return your money?

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2003, 07:46:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sir HC:<BR><B> If you had the flu, would you have felt they should also return your money?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>If only things worked out that way...  <P>But really, it's not that bad out there. Ice would be more of a problem for me than this. Then again, I'm Canadian so I've seen much worse. <P>

poorlulu

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2003, 07:46:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sir HC:<BR><B>I If you had the flu, would you have felt they should also return your money?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>shhhhhh!!!! he probably would............

twangirl

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2003, 07:49:00 pm »
FYI the artist does not reduce their fee just because there is a snowstorm of historic proportion. The club is required to pay the fee regardless of circumstances if the artist shows up and is "ready, willing, and able to perform", to quote the specific contactual clause.

ggw

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2003, 08:12:00 pm »
Nevermind<p>[This message has been edited by ggw (edited 02-17-2003).]