Author Topic: anyone else mad that the 930 cares more about money than  (Read 13850 times)

jadetree

Re: anyone else mad that the 930 cares more about money than
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2003, 11:24:00 pm »
I just read the back of a ticket quickly, basically says rules regarding refunds are up to the venue, and that it is up to the ticket holder to find out what those policies are.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sir HC:<BR><B>Also how far a radius should they concider to be "in area" and give a refund to the people?  I mean what if all of Maryland is snow free and someone coming from Pennsylvania gets snowed in, should they get a refund?  I haven't a ticket on me, but I think the whole contract of the ticket is given on the back.  What does it say about Acts of God on it?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

ggw

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2003, 11:30:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B>I just read the back of a ticket quickly, basically says rules regarding refunds are up to the venue, and that it is up to the ticket holder to find out what those policies are.<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>On the front of Tickets.com tickets it says "NO REFUNDS/EXCHANGES"<P>Ticketmaster tickets say "WEATHER POLICY: Tickets for all events are purchased at risk of inclement weather."

jadetree

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2003, 11:41:00 pm »
from tickets.com website --<P>Final Sale Policy<BR>All sales completed though Tickets.com are final. Our client venues do not allow us to refund or exchange any order once it has been confirmed, so please be sure you have selected the proper event and seat locations prior to completing your order. Once tickets are received, they are like cash and will not be replaced or refunded if lost or destroyed. For any ticket(s) purchased through Tickets.com, ticket purchaser understands that resale of such ticket(s) may be subject to federal, state and local laws and regulations related to such. Any violation of such laws may result in prosecution of ticket purchaser by such agency or other party. Tickets.com assumes no liability. <BR>

Barcelona

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2003, 11:53:00 pm »
I have been out the country for the last two weeks, don't know how bad the situation is, and haven't read the whole thread, but isn't it possible to take a taxi? Is everything shut down? Metro? I guess there should be an option. If it was my favorite band, I would even sky to the show if that was the only option left. <P>That is the reason why I live in DC. You may encounter these situations if you live in these places outside any big city.

Latvia

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2003, 12:38:00 am »
If the club didn't care about its patrons, it wouldn't win national awards from the music business.  I'd be disappointed if I missed a show because of the weather, but what can you do?  The band showed up.  If I had tickets, I wouldn't be able to make it.  I can't get out of my driveway.  I guess you can bitch at Mother Nature, who is the real culprit here.  Things like this happen.  I don't think ranting is going to change anything, especially when the ranting is aimed at a club with a history of taking care of its patrons.

markie

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2003, 12:42:00 am »
I think the club takes care of patrons when they turn up for shows. That is their job, they do it well. It is not their job to make sure people can get to shows, fun as it maybe getting thatguy to give you a piggyback to the club from Alexandria.<P>Giddy-UP!!!!

Synical101

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2003, 01:54:00 am »
While I agree that the 9:30 Club isn't at fault for the inclement weather and marvin_mooney not being able to attend the show because of lack of sufficient transportation, I do agree that the 9:30 Club acted very irrational and irresponsible in holding a show in such weather that prevented many of the ticketholders for this show to be able to attend.  I also think that the band/s are also to blame because they were irrational and irresponsible in playing a show in which many of ticketholders could not attend.  Both the 9:30 Club and the band/s should have made a much wiser decision.  And while I know the 9:30 Club and the band/s aren't obligated to give any sort of refund to the customers, they should consider some sort reimbursement due to the poor judgement on their parts.

jadetree

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2003, 01:57:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Synical101:<BR><B>While I agree that the 9:30 Club isn't at fault for the inclement weather and marvin_mooney not being able to attend the show because of lack of sufficient transportation, I do agree that the 9:30 Club acted very irrational and irresponsible in holding a show in such weather that prevented many of the ticketholders for this show to be able to attend.  I also think that the band/s are also to blame because they were irrational and irresponsible in playing a show in which many of ticketholders could not attend.  Both the 9:30 Club and the band/s should have made a much wiser decision.  And while I know the 9:30 Club and the band/s aren't obligated to give any sort of refund to the customers, they should consider some sort reimbursement due to the poor judgement on their parts.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>So it would have been better that nobody got to see the show and not seen the band for a long time?

Synical101

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2003, 02:16:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> So it would have been better that nobody got to see the show and not seen the band for a long time?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No.  I'm not saying cancel the show.  Just maybe postpone it at a more convenient time, when there's not 2-3 feet of snow on the ground preventing many of the people from making it.<P><BR>

jadetree

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2003, 02:17:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Synical101:<BR><B> No.  I'm not saying cancel the show.  Just maybe postpone it at a more convenient time, when there's not 2-3 feet of snow on the ground preventing many of the people from making it.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>UK band on first US tour probably does not have a lot of make-up dates available

Synical101

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2003, 02:21:00 am »
The band's gotta understand, they have a big ol' tour bus carting them around which is gonna plow through all that snow, no sweat.  None of the fans coming to the show have that luxury, so getting to the show is most likely gonna be a problem.  They need to take consideration in weather like this.  I mean the bands gotta have 1 or 2 emergency makeup dates built into the schedule.  If they don't it's poor planning on their part<p>[This message has been edited by Synical101 (edited 02-18-2003).]

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2003, 02:22:00 am »
According to Helena, they hope to do a mini-tour throughout the states again in May.<P> <P> <BR>

Synical101

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2003, 02:31:00 am »
Well anyways, while I know that situations like this occur from time to time and are inevitable, in extreme cases like this whomever makes the judgement on whether refunds are given should consider one for the patrons that were unable to make this show.  I mean there should be some sort or reasonable solution that makes everyone happy.  There has to be some sort of middle ground.<P>For example: perhaps the if the band plays the 9:30 Club again the people who were unable to make it to tonights show could exchange their unused ticket for a ticket to the future show.<p>[This message has been edited by Synical101 (edited 02-18-2003).]

Shadrach

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2003, 02:39:00 am »
A few quick points . . .<P>First, although 9:30 does book a few shows at the Recher, we do not have any say in the day to day operation of that venue. If Recher management decides to close it's out of our hands. In other words don't assume that because they are closed 9:30 should also be closed.<P>Second, try to keep in mind that there are plenty of club employees who would have been very happy to stay home, but went out and braved this weather so they could staff the club. Trust me when I say that there was consideration given to canceling the show.<P>Lastly, and I know this is little consolation to those who are out $20.00, but there are plenty of logistical and legal reasons why we had to go on with the show. Do you have any idea what it would be like to rearrange a tour schedule, especially with a band from overseas? The contracts we have with the bands state that we will host a show on a given night. If the band is there and ready to play and we decide not to open our doors, we would be in breech of contract.<P>Just some things to consider before condemning us as money-hungry folks who "don't care". It's very hard to run a business without being a business.<BR>

Synical101

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2003, 02:52:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shadrach:<BR><B>A few quick points . . .<P>First, although 9:30 does book a few shows at the Recher, we do not have any say in the day to day operation of that venue. If Recher management decides to close it's out of our hands. In other words don't assume that because they are closed 9:30 should also be closed.<P>Second, try to keep in mind that there are plenty of club employees who would have been very happy to stay home, but went out and braved this weather so they could staff the club. Trust me when I say that there was consideration given to canceling the show.<P>Lastly, and I know this is little consolation to those who are out $20.00, but there are plenty of logistical and legal reasons why we had to go on with the show. Do you have any idea what it would be like to rearrange a tour schedule, especially with a band from overseas? The contracts we have with the bands state that we will host a show on a given night. If the band is there and ready to play and we decide not to open our doors, we would be in breech of contract.<P>Just some things to consider before condemning us as money-hungry folks who "don't care". It's very hard to run a business without being a business.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh don't get me wrong.  I'm not trying to condemn the club.  I'm sure you guys care alot about your patrons, especially all your repeat customers, because that's where all your revenue comes from and the goal of any business is to make a profit.  I'm just saying, in situations like this I'm sure there has to be a solution of some sort, some sort of middle ground that makes everyone happy.<P>