Author Topic: anyone else mad that the 930 cares more about money than  (Read 13852 times)

Guiny

Re: anyone else mad that the 930 cares more about money than
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2003, 08:13:00 pm »
Makes me wish i lived in Columbia then cause i live in Arlington and i wouldnt be able to get five feet out of my driveway.

megs

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2003, 08:23:00 pm »
just cos i always do, i want to add my little bit to this here fabulous "debate." <BR>first off, i am a bit surprised by the less-then understanding attitude of the more regular listers. there are some of us, who not by choice but by necessity, live in the burbs. in my case, this would be the virginia burbs. virginia, too, is under a state of emergency. people are being urged to stay off the roads. i know my little honda could by no means make it out of my neighborhood, let alone up to d.c. i don't have a death-wish, i don't care who was playing tonight i wouldn't even try getting in my car and driving to the gig. as for the suggestion about metro, for those who weren't aware, those of us dependent upon an outdoor metro stop would be shit out of luck, as these stations aren't in service. and buses? ha! soooo how should we get to the gig?? by taxi? a friend of a friend was calling around, trying to get into town, only to be told unless it was an emergency he could forget about getting a cab. so while i do agree about the club not causing the snow (duh) and all that, i think the point of view of us punters not lucky enough to have a way to get to the show should be taken into account and not looked at as whining. i agree that the club should be offering a refund, because to some of you it's just $20, but to me it's a substantial bit of my paycheck. and i didn't cause the snow either. but i don't get to go see a show i've been looking forward to for ages. i know life isn't fair (thanks to those who so maturely pointed that out), but i don't think it's unreasonable to ask for compensation for circumstances out of people's control. and a blizzard is mildly different than the flu. i would never think about asking for a refund except in an extreme case, which i think this falls under. i know you all will take turns deriding this, but get off your high horses for a minute and think about this from a different point of view. i love the 9.30 and i will continue to go to shows there as long as they pull in the top flight bands, but i must say i am really upset at how this show has been handled.

BookerT

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2003, 09:46:00 pm »
i see no reason why the club can't let you exchange an unused ticket to this show for an equally priced ticket to an upcoming show. i would have liked to have gone to the show, but as has been said by others, there is just no chance of getting anywhere, probably not for a few days even. i understand that it's not 930's fault, but there's that whole thing about customer satisfaction. giving back money is bad business, sure, but some sort of trade in should at least be considered.

markie

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2003, 09:53:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by megs:<BR>[B i am a bit surprised by the less-then understanding attitude of the more regular listers.  [/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Why? You bought tickets, you cant go? Well its your loss. Simple as that. <P>The band mabe it from Philadelpia, they perform and ticket sales pay for that performance, if you are there or not.<P>Should the club refund people if the get flu? there car broke down? They forgot about the show? They found something better to do.<P>The club are upholding there end of the deal by staging the show. If you dont go well they cant help that. And they should not have to refund you if you dont go for whatever reason at all.<P>Read Twangirls post.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2003, 09:55:00 pm »
I'd love to be sympathetic... but I'm looking at possibly of eating $79 worth of Paul Weller tickets (2 tickets plus parking) because I'm in Portland OR and not scheduled to return until Thursday.  (was suppose to fly back Monday).  Thursday was the first date available to me.  Should I complain  to Southwest to refund my tickets because of the snowstorm? <P>Many artist choose not to tour during the winter due to the unpredictable weather, make buying advanced tickets should be done with caution as well.<P>Why not complain to the artists and not the club about going on with the show?  Artists need fans to provide continued support.<P>btw any chance that the phrase "get aids" could be treated as a punishable threat?
T.Rex

VIOLENTMOODSWINGS

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2003, 10:34:00 pm »
a side note:...i find it pretty funny that people from d.c tend to be less then sympathetic to people from baltimore during bad weather.Baltimore and it countys are set up differntly then d.c...its not a grid system and plowing isnt as easy.i live on a court that recived close to 3 feet of snow in parts.i own an suv and untill they plow im stuck...cant even atempt it.other people such as chris are alot more fortunate, they are in areas that either are on a plow route or close enough that its not as much of a fight to get out.i think people just need to realise that every situation is differnt. just because you are able to move about freely, others arnt. Its not fair to judge someone and call them a whiner because they are upset about spending money for somthing that they wont get to enjoy. fact is in their situation they have the right to complain. try putting yourself in their shoes before you act calace and cold to someone who is down on their luck. The fact is the situation sucks, and no matter what, people are gonna miss out. it doesnt mean you have to treat them like less of a person for it. For what its worth i feel bad for those who will miss out, and I feel worse for the people who need to make others feel worse about their situations.Someday maybe you'll know  what it feels like to be dissapointed......untill next time take care of yourselves, and each other

poorlulu

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2003, 10:40:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VIOLENTMOODSWINGS:<BR><B>.Someday maybe you'll know  what it feels like to be dissapointed......untill next time take care of yourselves, and each other</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey! I am married....... I put up with disappointment on a daily basis.....<P>Still it doesnt change anything, where you are from or your reason for not going to a show. It is all immaterial: you dont go to a show, you wont get a refund.<P>If you dont get that you are retarded.....

VIOLENTMOODSWINGS

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2003, 10:55:00 pm »
i wouldnt dream of touching the refund side of this argument....only the side that deals with compashion for our fellow man

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2003, 10:55:00 pm »
good points violentmoodswings... i will feel sympathic with all those unable to get to show, but that dosen't mean i wont also be feeling bitter if weds night rolls around and i'm still on the left coast. <P>i don't however feel sympathic with the topic starter who didn't take the time to count to ten before lashing out against others.
T.Rex

markie

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2003, 10:59:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VIOLENTMOODSWINGS:<BR><B>i wouldnt dream of touching the refund side of this argument....only the side that deals with compashion for our fellow man </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>alright..... I feel sorry for people who cant make shows. But worse things happen than not making a show.<P>But I will be really pissed off if I dont get to see Paul Weller Wednesday night.......<P>BTW VMS, your spelling is worse than mine.....

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2003, 11:00:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ikarus:<BR><B><BR>this post was just eerily reminiscent of a conversation yesterday with thatguy and fluffy.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>this most of have been a good one... seeing as it's disappeared    recap anyone?<P>
T.Rex

Sir HC

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2003, 11:02:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kosmo:<BR> this most of have been a good one... seeing as it's disappeared  recap anyone?<P>b]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I assume it happened at the club not on-line.  That show *almost* went on so staph was all there.<p>[This message has been edited by Sir HC (edited 02-17-2003).]

megs

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2003, 11:04:00 pm »
oh please, markie. your little examples such as flu and broken down car are sad indeed. not even in the same stratosphere! as i said before, i'd only seek compensation in an extreme circumstance. stop being such a meanie.

markie

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2003, 11:08:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by megs:<BR><B>oh please, markie. your little examples such as flu and broken down car are sad indeed. not even in the same stratosphere! as i said before, i'd only seek compensation in an extreme circumstance. stop being such a meanie. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>what about being stuck in a distant airport, or a car crash or a family death.....<P>All sad, but you wont get a refund. The club keeps up its end of the deal by putting on the show. Simple as that.

Sir HC

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2003, 11:17:00 pm »
Also how far a radius should they concider to be "in area" and give a refund to the people?  I mean what if all of Maryland is snow free and someone coming from Pennsylvania gets snowed in, should they get a refund?  I haven't a ticket on me, but I think the whole contract of the ticket is given on the back.  What does it say about Acts of God on it?