Author Topic: Say it ain't so....LANCE!  (Read 26915 times)

Mobius

Re: Say it ain't so....LANCE!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 03:05:55 pm »
Slightly less surprising than Ricky Martin preferring dudes

walkonby

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 05:32:13 pm »
all i have to say about guys who ride bikes as a "sport" . . . where is that garbage truck?

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 07:46:50 am »
If this "scandal" leads to middle-aged men living out their Lance Armstrong fantasies finally hanging it up and putting away their spandex for good, then society will have benefited greatly.

_\|/_

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 11:49:25 am »
How anyone, for a millisecond, believed he wasn't doping all along is beyond me. It's a sport where it's pretty much common knowledge 90% of the racers are doping and one guy goes out -- after cancer -- and supposedly beats all these cheaters clean as a whistle, not once but 7 consecutive times? Absurd proposition.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 12:04:15 pm »
If this "scandal" leads to middle-aged men living out their Lance Armstrong fantasies finally hanging it up and putting away their spandex for good, then society will have benefited greatly.

yes, excellent idea!  they shouldn't be biking, they should be driving!

::)
<sig>

godsshoeshine

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2010, 12:05:44 pm »
the whole-lance-as-hero hype always made me feel a bit uneasy because:
How anyone, for a millisecond, believed he wasn't doping all along is beyond me. It's a sport where it's pretty much common knowledge 90% of the racers are doping and one guy goes out -- after cancer -- and supposedly beats all these cheaters clean as a whistle, not once but 7 consecutive times? Absurd proposition.
o/\o

walkonby

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 12:29:30 pm »

• my blog
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2010, 12:51:07 pm »

you can ride a bike without dressing up like a douche...

_\|/_

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2010, 02:36:24 pm »
in baggy pants or a loose tracksuit that gets caught in the chain?  over-sized shorts that flap in the wind?  you might think they look like douches, your call, but there is a practical reason for the skin-tight clothing. 

(no, i don't bike)
<sig>

• my blog
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2010, 02:44:15 pm »
I can tell you don't bike because if you did you'd know there are options other than what you describe.

I do bike, quite a lot, and I'll tell you that the practical reasons only apply to about 1 percent of all cyclists (actual racers and long-distance riders). 

_\|/_

James Ford

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2010, 02:44:27 pm »
Wouldn't some sort of athletic shorts, or even casual shorts, be the natural substitution here?

in baggy pants or a loose tracksuit that gets caught in the chain?  over-sized shorts that flap in the wind?  you might think they look like douches, your call, but there is a practical reason for the skin-tight clothing. 

(no, i don't bike)

atomicfront

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2010, 02:54:32 pm »

(no, i don't bike)

If you road a mountain bike dressed like that you would get laughed off the trail.  Road Bikers dress like douches.  There is no real reason for it other than being a douche.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2010, 03:49:52 pm »

(no, i don't bike)

If you road a mountain bike dressed like that you would get laughed off the trail.  Road Bikers dress like douches.  There is no real reason for it other than being a douche.

This debate is quickly starting to sound straight off of the 5th grade play ground.  Thanks for the laughs. 

"Road bikers are gay!  Me and my mountain biker friends could beat you up!!"
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 04:00:12 pm by chaz »

walkonby

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2010, 10:08:21 pm »

(no, i don't bike)

This debate is quickly starting to sound straight off of the 5th grade play ground.  Thanks for the laughs. 

"Road bikers are gay!  Me and my mountain biker friends could beat you up!!"

don't say gay . . . my bear friends and i (who also use proper sentence structures, by the way) will tear you apart.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2010, 03:09:50 am »
Okay, playing along with your 5th grade games... Walkie, do bears shit in the woods?