Author Topic: Forum format question  (Read 6823 times)

vickSka241

Forum format question
« on: February 21, 2003, 03:05:00 pm »
I was just wondering if anyone ever considered putting this messageboard in a format where the first message posted in a topic appeared at the top of the page and you scrolled down to read all the responses. I'm on the counting crows board and I think it's much easier to read than this one. You can even jump to the most recent posts and find all of your posts at once. Just a thought...<BR> <A HREF="http://www.countingcrows.com/messageboard.html" TARGET=_blank>www.countingcrows.com/messageboard.html[/url]

Re: Forum format question
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2003, 03:08:00 pm »
What is it about the Counting Crows that make them suck so bad?<P>Your suggestion would make it easier to read the threads. However, it wouldn't be conducive to the "live" feel of the board...where people are constantly responding to the most recent messages. Is the CC forum nearly as active as this one?<p>[This message has been edited by Rhett Miller (edited 02-21-2003).]

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 03:16:00 pm »
I like the format the way it is (especially for those that are here and post often).  <P>It's very rare that I have to start from the bottom and work my way up.  It's much easier to see that Markie has nothing intelligent to say and would rahter make fun of me if his new post is at the top rather than scrolling all the way down to the bottom every time to see if someone snuck something intelligent to say in edgewise.<P>
27>34

keithstg

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 03:22:00 pm »
Can't say that I have been here long at all, but I find the way this forum works to be the best of the ones I see daily. The endless scrolling down is annoying in very active forums.

lily1

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2003, 03:28:00 pm »
yeah, this is a bit easier. david gray's board is the same was as counting crows and the administrators haven't changed it eventhough lots of people have emailed him/her/it to ask for it to go current to old, not old to current. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by keithstg:<BR><B>Can't say that I have been here long at all, but I find the way this forum works to be the best of the ones I see daily. The endless scrolling down is annoying in very active forums.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Sir HC

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2003, 03:31:00 pm »
So who has ever used a RPN calculator?  If you don't know what RPN means, then the answer is no.  This board is a lot like that.

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2003, 03:35:00 pm »
Is David Gray the British equivalent of John Mayer, or Dave Matthews?<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lily1:<BR><B>yeah, this is a bit easier. david gray's board is the same was as counting crows and the administrators haven't changed it eventhough lots of people have emailed him/her/it to ask for it to go current to old, not old to current. <P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

vickSka241

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2003, 03:36:00 pm »
Hey, don't diss the crows, I didn't mean for this to be a band discussion...<BR>Actually their board is as active as this board from what I've seen. Maybe it's just me, but I like to be able to see what the thread is about before dredging through a bunch of responses and then scrolling back up to read them in order. I guess you get used to it, but I still like the crows format better.<BR>
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:<BR>What is it about the Counting Crows that make them suck so bad?<P>Your suggestion would make it easier to read the threads. However, it wouldn't be conducive to the "live" feel of the board...where people are constantly responding to the most recent messages. Is the CC forum nearly as active as this one?<P>[

vansmack

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2003, 03:40:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhett Miller:<BR><B>Is David Gray the British equivalent of John Mayer, or Dave Matthews?<P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Sidenote - Rhett - did you get my email?
27>34

lily1

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2003, 03:45:00 pm »
sebastian rogers, who opened for paul weller, is the british equivalent of john mayer.<P>david gray has been around the same time as dave matthews, if not a touch longer. not a fan of dmb, but am a fan of david gray. the relationship is that dave matthew's label, ato records, puts out david gray's stuff now, since he left the caroline label a few years back. take a listen to '93 a century's end, and while you may not like it, you'll be able to recognize its far far far from the john mayer/jack johnson/dmb stuff.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhett Miller:<BR><B>Is David Gray the British equivalent of John Mayer, or Dave Matthews?<P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2003, 03:49:00 pm »
When did you send it? And did you send it to the address for Rhett Miller, or Henry Dark?<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vansmack:<BR><B> Sidenote - Rhett - did you get my email?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

vansmack

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2003, 03:53:00 pm »
the one listed at the top of Rhett Miller - a hotmial accoutn I believe from vansmack@msn.com and then from the Sportingnews.com<P>
27>34

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2003, 04:02:00 pm »
Thanks Vansmack.<P>It appeared to be lost amongst all the smut that goes to that email address.<P>I tried to go to the website, but Uncle Sam blocks me from going. So I'll take a look at home tonight or in the morning.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vansmack:<BR><B>the one listed at the top of Rhett Miller - a hotmial accoutn I believe from vansmack@msn.com and then from the Sportingnews.com<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

vansmack

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2003, 04:07:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhett Miller:<BR><B>Thanks Vansmack.<P>It appeared to be lost amongst all the smut that goes to that email address.<P>I tried to go to the website, but Uncle Sam blocks me from going. So I'll take a look at home tonight or in the morning.<P><BR> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Great - Looking forward to it.
27>34

paige

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2003, 04:13:00 pm »
yeah this board runs pretty well. good job. no changes. the counting crows are overrated.