Author Topic: Led Zeppelin Rumor  (Read 10344 times)

Led Zeppelin Rumor
« on: September 05, 2007, 12:30:00 am »
So has anyone heard the rumor about a secret show within driving distance on 9/11?
xoxo

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Led Zeppelin Rumor
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 02:36:00 am »
haven't heard anything, but if anyone does: please share.  i can't justify getting on a plane for this, but i'd be most willing to drive just about anywhere.  

where did you hear this rumor?  since it's 9/11, i'm assuming the show would be in NYC?
<sig>

K8teebug

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 07:57:00 am »
That would be amazing.

edbert

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 09:14:00 am »
I predict a 30-minute rendition of 'Kashmir'; that's the only Zep song Plant can sorta still sing with his voice gone

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 09:39:00 am »
If I say the location right away nobody will believe me. But I would trust my source.  

Last night I was talking to a wounded soldier who kept in touch with one of the bands that visited Walter Reed. He said they invited him up on stage during their show on 9/11. He then said that Led Zep will play a surprise performance at this show and that he can be on stage with them too.

He's a good person and wouldn't have a reason to lie but it just sounds so strange.

It's not NYC.
xoxo

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 10:39:00 am »
so are you saying the rumor has it going down in the DC area?  or on a local military base?
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 10:44:00 am »
Originally posted by Stairmaster E:
  I predict a 30-minute rendition of 'Kashmir'; that's the only Zep song Plant can sorta still sing with his voice gone
puff (deadbeat) daddy might sit in.

walkonby

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 10:45:00 am »
will they credit the artists they stole they're biggest hits from?

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 10:52:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  so are you saying the rumor has it going down in the DC area?  or on a local military base?
It's in PA at a regular concert venue. When I say where you guys are going to say there's no way in hell.
xoxo

walkonby

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 11:37:00 am »
you know, if this is true . . . it's not even announced anywhere (but here), not even led's website.  you and your friend just leaked the secret show of the century.  good luck with that if it's true, and anyone gets pissed at you for blabbing.

TheDirector217

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 11:44:00 am »
Originally posted by 6949:

Originally posted by sweetcell:
It's in PA at a regular concert venue. When I say where you guys are going to say there's no way in hell. [/b]
Please stop toying with my emotions.  Is it Hershey Park?  

This is Zeppelin.  Issues like this are very serious.

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 11:54:00 am »
Originally posted by walkonby:
  you know, if this is true . . . it's not even announced anywhere (but here), not even led's website.  you and your friend just leaked the secret show of the century.  good luck with that if it's true, and anyone gets pissed at you for blabbing.
A SECRET SHOW would be on their website because?

Remember the smashing pumpkins thread was a rumor at first? I posted it on here to see if anyone else heard anything and to tip off boardies who might be interested in going.  Do you think I care if people I don't know get pissed at me if it's false? The title says rumor though I standby everything that I wrote.
xoxo

walkonby

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 11:56:00 am »
is it just me, or is it not the greatest move to have a band who's most iconic image is a flying machine that carried many people on fire and crashing towards the earth, to play on 9/11?

walkonby

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 11:58:00 am »

Remember the smashing pumpkins thread was a rumor at first? I posted it on here to see if anyone else heard anything and to tip off boardies who might be interested in going.  Do you think I care if people I don't know get pissed at me if it's false? The title says rumor though I standby everything that I wrote. [/b]
you just compared smashing pumpkins to led zeppelin?  paging brian wallace.

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 12:02:00 pm »

Remember the smashing pumpkins thread was a rumor at first? I posted it on here to see if anyone else heard anything and to tip off boardies who might be interested in going.  Do you think I care if people I don't know get pissed at me if it's false? The title says rumor though I standby everything that I wrote. [/b]
you just compared smashing pumpkins to led zeppelin?  paging brian wallace. [/b]
musically no.
 forum titles yes.
xoxo