Author Topic: Led Zeppelin Rumor  (Read 10350 times)

TheDirector217

Re: Led Zeppelin Rumor
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2007, 04:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by 6949:
  TheDirector217:
 I really have to applaud you for that guess in the PM.
Yeah.  I'm nice with mine . . .   :D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2007, 04:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
 Heard anything from Jimmy Eat World or Get-Up Kids lately?
<threadjack> actually, J.E.W. is already on the come-back trail: front page of TM has an ad for "buy the new album on itunes and get a presale password for their upcoming tour"!   :roll:   were they ever really that big, even when they were "big"?
<sig>

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2007, 11:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
 Heard anything from Jimmy Eat World or Get-Up Kids lately?
<threadjack> actually, J.E.W. is already on the come-back trail: front page of TM has an ad for "buy the new album on itunes and get a presale password for their upcoming tour"!    :roll:    were they ever really that big, even when they were "big"? [/b]
I think they would've been bigger if the lead singer was cute.
xoxo

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2007, 12:09:00 am »
Not to sound like Brian here but the thought of old geezer Jimmy Paige singing The Lemon Song is absolutely horrifying.

Seems to me that very recently I heard someone drop mention of them possibly showing up at some 9/11 show but I picked up on so little of it I'm not even sure I heard things right. (A lot good that was!   :roll:  )

twangirl

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2007, 12:26:00 am »
I'm sure it would be horrifying if Page tried to sing The Lemon Song, or anything else for that matter. Robert Plant on the other hand might be able to pull it off, he is currently collaborating with Alison Krauss, kind of a weird combo but what the hell. Page has been doing something with some of the original Yardbirds which could be interesting...I'd like to see it anyway.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2007, 12:31:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
 were they ever really that big, even when they were "big"?
they were one of the biggest emo bands in the country circa "clarity" (didn't mean as much back then) and one of the biggest alt-rock bands in the country circa "the middle" ... fame from "bleed american" was rather fleeting, but i liked their last album a lot
(o|o)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2007, 07:16:00 am »
Originally posted by twangirl:
  I'm sure it would be horrifying if Page tried to sing The Lemon Song, or anything else for that matter. Robert Plant on the other hand might be able to pull it off, he is currently collaborating with Alison Krauss, kind of a weird combo but what the hell. Page has been doing something with some of the original Yardbirds which could be interesting...I'd like to see it anyway.
Right. Major brain cell misalignment there.   :roll:  The worst part is that I know better. Not a fan of the band so I'm not thinking of them much plus it being late at night, I was drifting off. Working too damn much!

rustbunny

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2007, 02:48:00 pm »
I can't take the pressure. I'm going to spill the beans!

on 9/11, bon jovi is doing an early show (6pm) at advance auto parts arena in wilkes barre PA. afterwards (around 9pm), led zep is supposed to play***.

***the preceeding statement is utterly false, wholly untrue, and entirely fictional. thank you.

thirsty moore

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2007, 02:53:00 pm »
**I move away from the mic to breathe in.

Originally posted by rustbunny:
 ***the preceeding statement is utterly false, wholly untrue, and entirely fictional. thank you.

ggw

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2007, 02:58:00 pm »
no way in hell...

Arthwys

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2007, 03:17:00 pm »
I feel like I'm having my inner being toyed with with all this Led Zep playing anywhere within 800 miles of me thing.  Yes I was born over a year after Bonham's death, did Zep mean more to me musically than any other band ever?  Yes to that as well.  

Throughout high school (the late 90's) my friends and I would sometimes debate which body part we'd gladly part with to be at a Led Zep reunion show.  Generally I only volunteered to cut off a few fingers.
Emrys

edbert

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2007, 03:40:00 pm »
Per NME Zep will do a reunion show around Nov in UK and Plant is quoted as saying it'll be "a one-off" so no other show

I'm not so into Led Zep, but am hooked on a silly mashup called ABC Breaker by DJ Moule that's the Jackson5 ABC vocal over the Heartbreaker riff. A lot more fun than the Dread Zeppelin Heartbreaker

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2007, 04:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by Stairmaster E:
  I'm not so into Led Zep, but am hooked on a silly mashup called ABC Breaker by DJ Moule that's the Jackson5 ABC vocal over the Heartbreaker riff. A lot more fun than the Dread Zeppelin Heartbreaker
Ah, Mashups.  What ever happened to them?  Did they ever release another album?

Brian

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2007, 04:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by Arthwys:
  Throughout high school (the late 90's) my friends and I would sometimes debate which body part we'd gladly part with to be at a Led Zep reunion show.  Generally I only volunteered to cut off a few fingers.
I know you have no way of knowing but that's so inappropriate under the circumstances.
xoxo

anarchist

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2007, 12:06:00 am »
i heard led zep is playing 930 on 9/11 + it will not be announced until 9/11 3pm.