Author Topic: metro is a PIECE o' SHIT  (Read 9227 times)

Bags

Re: metro is a PIECE o' SHIT
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2007, 06:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
 e public transpo in NYC. its much more efficient, runs 24/7, flat rate, and trains running much more frequently
....repeat, and is HOT AS HELL in the stations...maybe the hottest place I've ever been...and smelly.  And the trains to Brooklyn over the weekend are always screwy on alternate schedules you have to look up or call for (and Brooklyn is my 'home base' when I'm there...).

alex

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2007, 07:21:00 am »
I've never really had a problem with Metro after riding it every weekday for the past 13 months from the burbs to downtown, and I think you're all a bunch of crybabies.

That said, I've been finding those announcements about the "secure trash cans" to be rather funny lately.  Just a quick ten second message about how the new trash cans are more secure so you don't have to fear them or something.  Were they attacking people before?

Guiny

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2007, 02:08:00 pm »
All's I can say is....I love riding the VRE!!!!!!!!!!!  And if someone puts a bag on the seat beside them, the conductor will tell them to move it....NIIIIIIICE.

vansmack

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2007, 05:09:00 pm »
I am rather fond of SF's Muni system.  Obviously it could use a few tweaks and improvements, but it's a great combination of trains and buses that get you anywhere in the city, so if the trains go down, you simply take one of the many buses that go to the same or similar places. And if you want to leave the city, then you take BART.

And if the trains are overcrowded for worktime commute, you can take express buses that stop only intermittently across the city - all for $1.50 a ride or $45 a month.  Tough to beat that.

And don't forget the cable cars!

Oh yeah - and we have www.nextmuni.com to tell me when the next train or bus is coming to my station so I don't have to leave my desk or apt until I know it's coming.  Very handy and time saving feature.
27>34

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2021, 02:02:55 pm »

Starsky

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2021, 02:11:27 pm »
Try parking in downtown DC

Impossible to find a paid parking spot as they are converting a ton of parking spaces into bike lanes

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2021, 02:27:56 pm »

who's wet dream does this map belong to?
<sig>

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2021, 02:31:32 pm »
I could legitimately take the train from Richmond on the days I need to be in Chevy Chase every month if that was the metro system.
LVMH

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2021, 02:34:44 pm »
Try parking in downtown DC

Impossible to find a paid parking spot as they are converting a ton of parking spaces into bike lanes
I know isn't that AWESOME!

Man, I wish that Pink line happened...my closest metro is 3-4 mile walk and I live in Arlington!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 02:37:59 pm by Bamboo-Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2021, 02:40:46 pm »
This board used to be a lot more entertaining.

My wife has decided to drive to DC instead of taking Metro, once her office goes back to in-person in July. It's not the most environmental choice, nor is it the most economic choice (her Metro fare was fully subsidized, the 40 miles of gas per day and wear and tear on the car are not) But whatcha gonna do?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2021, 02:43:25 pm »

Starsky

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2021, 02:44:48 pm »
This board used to be a lot more entertaining.

My wife has decided to drive to DC instead of taking Metro, once her office goes back to in-person in July. It's not the most environmental choice, nor is it the most economic choice (her Metro fare was fully subsidized, the 40 miles of gas per day and wear and tear on the car are not) But whatcha gonna do?

Fascinating and wildly entertaining as always Space..thanks

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2021, 02:45:39 pm »
"fantasy map" - AKA, i nailed it.
<sig>