Author Topic: what a shock!  (Read 7327 times)

miss pretentious

• ohai.
Re: what a shock!
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 03:51:00 pm »
speaking of race... apparently fox news can't tell black people apart.

http://www.latestpolitics.com/blog/2007/06/fox-apologizes-for.html
nothx

TheDirector217

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2007, 03:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by le sonick:

Originally posted by TheDirector217:

Originally posted by le sonick:

As far as me being a racist, I don't feel the need to dignify that with a response.  I'll assume le sonick was using his dry Canadian wit       :)    
You gotta love this fuckin' guy . . . .    :D

TheDirector217

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2007, 03:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:
  speaking of race... apparently fox news can't tell black people apart.

http://www.latestpolitics.com/blog/2007/06/fox-apologizes-for.html
Well they all do look alike anyway . . . .

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2007, 04:28:00 pm »
Director.....I never had an opinion either way on Jimmy Buffet until I moved down here, now I'm just shit sick of him. Go in any bar with a local band and all you will hear is Buffet and Grateful Dead covers, with the odd Neil Young and America thrown in for good measure. Luckily we don't get enough Young covers for me to get sick of his stuff because I confess to being a Neil Young fan.

TheDirector217

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2007, 04:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
  Director.....I never had an opinion either way on Jimmy Buffet until I moved down here, now I'm just shit sick of him. Go in any bar with a local band and all you will hear is Buffet and Grateful Dead covers, with the odd Neil Young and America thrown in for good measure. Luckily we don't get enough Young covers for me to get sick of his stuff because I confess to being a Neil Young fan.
In your neck of the woods, he is king.  I forgot that.  Not particularly my cup tea is Mr. Buffett.  I'm a diverse cat, but lines gotta be drawn somewhere.  I will confess this however.  I had the experience of being one of a handful of black folk in a room at Bar Crawl back in ninety-something (DUH! It was my first time, I was young, etc.) and I witnessed a crowded room of a couple hundred drunks in Rumors sing "Cheesburger In Paradise".  AND.  THEY.  KNEW.  ALL.  THE.  WORDS.  That was one of the most unsettling things I ever witnessed in my life.  NOW I find it slightly funny.  At the time I was only 20/21, and it was some scary shit.  

As far as Mr. Young, he is a genius & should be revered as so.  Keep on rockin' in the free world, Mankie, keep on rockin in the free world . . . .
   :D

thirsty moore

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2007, 02:20:00 am »
That place can sink into the Atlantic along with Delaware and most of Jersey.  What a cesspool.

and I witnessed a crowded room of a couple hundred drunks in Rumors sing "Cheesburger In Paradise".  AND.  THEY.  KNEW.  ALL.  THE.  WORDS.

Guiny

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2007, 08:56:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Where is your place of work located?

Originally posted by Buck Satan:
 [QB] Doing pretty good man, we moved down to Fredericksburg so the concerts are few and far between. [/b]
DC

TheDirector217

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2007, 10:10:00 am »
Originally posted by econo:
  That place can sink into the Atlantic along with Delaware and most of Jersey.  What a cesspool.

and I witnessed a crowded room of a couple hundred drunks in Rumors sing "Cheesburger In Paradise".  AND.  THEY.  KNEW.  ALL.  THE.  WORDS.
[/b]
I am proud/relieved to say I have never been back since.  Everyone makes mistakes.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2007, 01:36:00 pm »

Originally posted by econo:

[/b]
I am proud/relieved to say I have never been back since.  Everyone makes mistakes. [/b]
For some reason, when I read your comment about your Buffet experience, the scene in Blazing Saddles were the black deputy comes out from behind the rock and shout's "Were all the white women at?" came to mind.    :D

BTW, if you're a Neil Young fan, the cd at Starbucks, Live at Massey Hall, is a must. The Bob Marley one was a bit disapointing though in my opinion.

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2007, 01:38:00 pm »
Wow, you must love long commutes!

Where is your place of work located?

[QB] Doing pretty good man, we moved down to Fredericksburg so the concerts are few and far between. [/b]
DC [/b]

TheDirector217

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2007, 02:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
  For some reason, when I read your comment about your Buffet experience, the scene in Blazing Saddles were the black deputy comes out from behind the rock and shout's "Were all the white women at?" came to mind.     :D  

BTW, if you're a Neil Young fan, the cd at Starbucks, Live at Massey Hall, is a must. The Bob Marley one was a bit disapointing though in my opinion.
You just made me spit water on my computer screen.   :D  

I have a live CRYSTAL CLEAR copy of one Bob Marley's last concerts ever live @ Rockpalast from 1980 if you're looking for a killer Bob show.  I'm a peep that Neil Young show . . . Kinda like money, there's no suck thing as too much good music.

Guiny

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2007, 02:42:00 pm »
 QUOTE]

Actually, it's not so bad on the VRE.  Waking up is a pain for the first five minutes, but the train ride is a piece of cake.  Read a book in the morning, watch DVD's in the evening (Season 2 of LOST at the moment).

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2007, 02:48:00 pm »
I'll be taking the VRE starting in July (been taking Metro because it's more convenient for my wife, but VRE will actually cut way down on my commute time). But from Springfield, I'll be on a different line and have a shorter ride than you. I do read on the train, but I still don't envy your hour and a half train ride.

QUOTE]

Actually, it's not so bad on the VRE.  Waking up is a pain for the first five minutes, but the train ride is a piece of cake.  Read a book in the morning, watch DVD's in the evening (Season 2 of LOST at the moment). [/b]

Guiny

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2007, 04:00:00 pm »
  I'll be taking the VRE starting in July (been taking Metro because it's more convenient for my wife, but VRE will actually cut way down on my commute time). But from Springfield, I'll be on a different line and have a shorter ride than you. I do read on the train, but I still don't envy your hour and a half train ride.

[/QB][/QUOTE]

Springfield is the same line as Fredericksburg and you are lucky because its only three stops away from L'Enfant, which is where I get off.  I should clarify, I said Fredericksburg, but I take the Leeland Road stop in Fredericksburg which at least isn't the last stop and probably saves me another ten minutes of commuting.  I think you'll like the VRE much more than Metro, alot more comfortable and they have quiet car sections so you dont have to hear other fools conversations.  Usually you have two knuckleheads on the other cars talking while everyone else is trying to relax.

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2007, 04:08:00 pm »
I should clarify, I live in Springfield, but I live closer to both of the two Springfield stops (Rolling and Backlick Roads) on the Manassas line, as opposed to the Fredericksburg line Springfield stop (which is adjacent to the Metro stop).

Yes, I did take VRE some when we first moved to the burbs, and liked it a lot more. It's pricier though if you can't commit to a monthly pass. I'll probably still take Metro in months where I take vacation time.

[/b]
Springfield is the same line as Fredericksburg and you are lucky because its only three stops away from L'Enfant, which is where I get off.  I should clarify, I said Fredericksburg, but I take the Leeland Road stop in Fredericksburg which at least isn't the last stop and probably saves me another ten minutes of commuting.  I think you'll like the VRE much more than Metro, alot more comfortable and they have quiet car sections so you dont have to hear other fools conversations.  Usually you have two knuckleheads on the other cars talking while everyone else is trying to relax. [/QB][/QUOTE]