Author Topic: much better petition for whfs  (Read 5467 times)

saintangelsin

much better petition for whfs
« on: January 14, 2005, 03:49:00 am »
i found a much better petition. this one actually makes sense and has a good point going on. here is the link. mock or leave it. but if you actually do care, then please sign it. and no i'm not the author of it. and no i'm not a newbie.

http://www.petitiononline.com/WHFS/petition.html

Re: much better petition for whfs
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 09:45:00 am »
Still the same quality of responses:

1944. Amy Cox Are you kidding me? You went from a kick @ss station to Spanish music. Quit catering to the illegal immigrants. Your station is located in America and it should play good old American music, like it used to.

2011. Jim In Baltimore I wish every Infinity employee to rot in hell with the rest of the Mexican scum of the earth and the only thing that mourns them is their fleas.....and my all of their daughters become inpregnated by illegal Mexican immigrants and pollute their family trees

Perhaps the pettitions should be name only.

sonickteam2

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 10:10:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:

Perhaps the pettitions should be name only.
thats the bets idea Rhett has ever had.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 10:21:00 am »
Originally posted by saintangelsin:
  i found a much better petition. this one actually makes sense and has a good point going on.
"Changing the format of WHFS can be compared to changing the name of the White House: absolutely ridiculous."

???!!!???!!!
😐 🎶

Venerable Bede

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 10:44:00 am »
i much prefer this  petition
OU812

Sailor Ripley

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 10:48:00 am »
I don't know what is funnier: That people actually care that WHFS is gone or that they think a petition can bring it back...

vansmack

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 01:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by saintangelsin:
  i found a much better petition. this one actually makes sense and has a good point going on. here is the link. mock or leave it. but if you actually do care, then please sign it. and no i'm not the author of it. and no i'm not a newbie.

http://www.petitiononline.com/WHFS/petition.html
I'm sure one or two people out there appreciate your efforts, but they're going to go for naught.  You're not the first people to think you've been wronged by Infinity or Clear Channel, but others that were far more organized then this lot failed miserably.

I'm also sorry to hear about your internship being gone, but see this as an opportunity to get out and see the rest of the world, what other opportunities the music business can afford you away from Southern Maryland.  There's a great big world out there if you just dare to leave the nest.  So stop associating yourself with these folks and start building a career for yourself in the business where you can really make a difference.
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 01:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sailor Ripley:
  I don't know what is funnier: That people actually care that WHFS is gone or that they think a petition can bring it back...
maybe they just want to show thier support. sure it wont change the decision, but it may show everyone that there IS an audience, and Infinity or someone else may bring it back in another form.

not protesting, signing a petition is admitting defeat and letting it happen, who wants to do that???

sonickteam2

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 01:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
 I'm sure one or two people out there appreciate your efforts, but they're going to go for naught.  You're not the first people to think you've been wronged by Infinity or Clear Channel, but others that were far more organized then this lot failed miserably.
are you saying don't bother voicing your opinion?

thirsty moore

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 01:28:00 pm »
3691. Drew Adams to hell with el zol, bring back the junks and hfstival

Bring back the junks indeed.

Diorama

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2005, 01:31:00 pm »
Well, HFS Got Shut Down Once Before And Came Back :-) .  And The Junks Are Replacing Bill O'Reilly On JFK 12-3 I Believe.

vansmack

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2005, 01:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  are you saying don't bother voicing your opinion?
How long have you been on the board?  Have I ever been afraid to voice my opinion?

My point is that this is not an organized fashion by which I would be participating.  Joining a bunch of immature teen agers in an method of intolerant protest is actually more likely to decrease your credibility than it is to help your cause.
27>34

thirsty moore

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2005, 01:35:00 pm »
I think we've got "The Junks" mixed up.  It used to be a phrase which meant awesome, cool, excellent, etc.

sonickteam2

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2005, 01:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

My point is that this is not an organized fashion by which I would be participating.  Joining a bunch of immature teen agers in an method of intolerant protest is actually more likely to decrease your credibility than it is to help your cause.
true.  unfortunately there is no organized group!   i am hoping these kids who can write racial slurs on the internet, may be better  behaved when the cops are staring at them during a protest.

i have overestimated people many times before though

thirsty moore

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2005, 01:38:00 pm »
Right around 1995 HFS stopped being the junks.