Author Topic: Audio-scrobbers  (Read 11229 times)

lukiedookie89

Re: Audio-scrobbers
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2006, 10:15:00 pm »
I have joined.  My username is Spiff Bat.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2006, 03:28:00 pm »
welcome, Spiff Bat.  i'm Betty.

vansmack

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2006, 12:51:00 pm »
Awesome.

#21 Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl

Although, I'm shocked and appalled that nobody else listened to a single Britney Spears song.  What do you guys listen to when you get dressed for a Friday/Saturday night out on the town?!!?
27>34

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2006, 12:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
 Although, I'm shocked and appalled that nobody else listened to a single Britney Spears song.  What do you guys listen to when you get dressed for a Friday/Saturday night out on the town?!!?
Tatu!
_\|/_

ratioci nation

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2006, 01:00:00 pm »
  Awesome.

#21 Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl

last night I witnessed Grand Buffet perform a live mashup of U2 and Ghostbusters, I hope to god this never sees the light of day and ends up on these charts

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2006, 12:10:00 am »
I still don't think that any of my music is showing up from what I see on the latest chart. There are about 4 bands listed that I've listened to but I can't be sure I've had anything to do with it.

Also, I'm now suspecting that at least 2 different group members have to listen to any one artist for it to reflect on the charts. If so, that leaves Smackie and I off the charts for the majority of our music.

Kosmo, would you please sneak into this thread and add an 'l' in Audio-scrobbers (sic)?

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2006, 12:11:00 am »
OOPS

vansmack

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2006, 11:57:00 am »
Podcasts register?

Uh-oh - Thomas Friedman might be in my top 10 artists by the end of the year....
27>34

ratioci nation

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2006, 12:17:00 pm »
  Podcasts register?

Uh-oh - Thomas Friedman might be in my top 10 artists by the end of the year....
yeah I noticed that they were registering, i thought ricky gervais might show up in the chart

Jaguar

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2006, 04:56:00 pm »
New charts are up.

I'm still pretty sure that at least 2 different group members must listen to any one given artist for it to show up in order to weed out the anomalies.

Brennser, let's try an experiment. Since I know that you and I are probably the only ones who have the following CD, sometime between now and next week, play your Silver Screen CD. Make sure you use the CD and not MP3s just to make sure that the properly tagged files get sent up since Last.FM is so picky about such things. If my theory is correct, if both of us play them, then they should show up on the next chart. If not, then I have no idea why we are being ostracized, providing it does show up on our personal charts.

I had to laugh at my latest personal chart because it looks like I've been hanging out in the early morning garden.    :D

brennser

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2006, 05:12:00 pm »
will do

Originally posted by Jaguar:
  New charts are up.

I'm still pretty sure that at least 2 different group members must listen to any one given artist for it to show up in order to weed out the anomalies.

Brennser, let's try an experiment. Since I know that you and I are probably the only ones who have the following CD, sometime between now and next week, play your Silver Screen CD. Make sure you use the CD and not MP3s just to make sure that the properly tagged files get sent up since Last.FM is so picky about such things. If my theory is correct, if both of us play them, then they should show up on the next chart. If not, then I have no idea why we are being ostracized, providing it does show up on our personal charts.

I had to laugh at my latest personal chart because it looks like I've been hanging out in the early morning garden.     :D  

nkotb

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2006, 05:16:00 pm »
That seems fairly unlikely, though; do you really think two people listened to Wheatus or the Legend of Zelda soundtracks in the same week?

BookerT

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2006, 05:18:00 pm »
i put someone on notice for listening to wheatus a few months ago ... looks like i might have to move them to the "dead to me" board.

Jaguar

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2006, 05:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  That seems fairly unlikely, though; do you really think two people listened to Wheatus or the Legend of Zelda soundtracks in the same week?

[/b]
It doesn't have to be in the same week except in the weekly chart specifically but you make a good point.

I can't figure out why some of us don't seem to be affecting the charts in any way. Well, there are a few bands in the charts that I listen to but most of mine are nowhere to be found but are showing up on my personal charts which tells me they are on their server but not making it over to the group. The common ones of mine are also the bands that are more commonly listened to among others so I'm not even sure if any of my listens have contributed to their presence.

I suspect that it takes at least 2 different listeners to create a 'network' within the group, so to speak. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.

Betty, do you have any controls at your hands that allow you to see who listened to what? Maybe in the 'Profile Editor'?

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2006, 10:25:00 pm »
It looks like the weekly charts only list the top 300 entries.