Author Topic: Kasabian  (Read 10233 times)

Fico

Re: Kasabian
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2005, 12:31:00 pm »
I'm sure they will...the singer sounds like the bastard child of Ian Brown and Tim Burgess with the bravado and swagger of Liam...all 3 of them frontmen staples in my book...

vansmack

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2005, 12:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Fico:
  Seen them on tv a coupla of times and thought they sounded fantastic..
You will love them, as did I the first time I saw them.  Enjoy.
27>34

Fico

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2005, 12:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Seen them on tv a coupla of times and thought they sounded fantastic..
You will love them, as did I the first time I saw them.  Enjoy. [/b]
Hey smackie did you talk to my kid?

vansmack

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2005, 12:42:00 pm »
Not yet - I still need approval from the University before I get all my eggs lined up.  I'd hate to do all the work and then be shut down.  But it looks good.  Cartel looking for an iTunes deal?
27>34

Fico

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2005, 12:50:00 pm »

Not yet - I still need approval from the University before I get all my eggs lined up.  I'd hate to do all the work and then be shut down.  But it looks good.  Cartel looking for an iTunes deal? [/b]
We'd sure luv to!!!...we actually got a glowing review of our 7" on UK's Record Collector Magazine's May issue (pg.128)  :)

We are also lining up some really good shows with NYC bands http://www.thebandsoft.com/full.html

and the winter pageant http://bwest.moranprinting.com/home.html

We'll also be on Woxy's live lounge next Friday at around 3pm so check us out...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2005, 01:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by beedubyah:
 How about a leaked track from Oasis's new album?  I could pm it to you...Think it would go over well with the crowd...Just an idea.
i'm not big into playing leaked tracks...
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2005, 02:35:00 pm »
  We'd sure luv to!!!...
You'll be my first call then!
27>34

Fico

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2005, 02:48:00 pm »

We'd sure luv to!!!...
You'll be my first call then! [/b]
*In my best Napoleon* Yesssssssss!

Rupert Pupkin

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2005, 02:51:00 pm »
I'm a fan of Kasabian, but i'm certainly not going to pay money to see them live when all they'll do is play every single song from their one album. fuck that!

vansmack

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2005, 02:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rupert Pupkin:
  I'm a fan of Kasabian, but i'm certainly not going to pay money to see them live when all they'll do is play every single song from their one album. fuck that!
It's $10!!!!!  How much did you pay for the CD?  They're much better live.

You're right, wait and pay $50 when they come back with Oasis.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2005, 02:55:00 pm »
think i'll spin some SOAD tonight, seeing as Noel Gallagher thinks so highly of them....

As for SOAD, "After I heard System of a Down, I thought, Iā??m actually alive to hear the sh**iest band ever. Of all the bands that have gone before and all the bands thatā??ll be in the future, I was around when the worst was around.
T.Rex

Bartelby

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2005, 03:00:00 pm »
Smackie and Fico: I knew I'd find you posting on this thread!  I think we're triplets separated at birth when it comes to groups/styles we like.  I am so there tonight...cannot WAIT to hear Club Foot LIVE!!!!

Their CD is phenominal - I've heard over 300 live bands this year and own thousands of CD's and I totally disagree with the poster who said Kasabian sounds like another group - except they use the same instruments and musical scales. They are wonderfully original/unique/entertaining musically and lyrically.

Hey Kosmo, special request: Life's an Ocean by the Verve:  The sexiest song ever recorded.  ;)

Mobius

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2005, 03:16:00 pm »
. . . . Except that they sound a whole lot like the Verve on a lot of songs (like the last 6 or so), exactly like BRMC (thus JAMC) on another and with some pretty strong Primal Scream and Stone Roses flourishes.  Nothing wrong with it - at least the learned from the right sources. I'm looking forward to the show.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2005, 03:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mobius:
  . . . . Except that they sound a whole lot like the Verve on a lot of songs (like the last 6 or so), exactly like BRMC (thus JAMC) on another and with some pretty strong Primal Scream and Stone Roses flourishes.  Nothing wrong with it - at least the learned from the right sources. I'm looking forward to the show.
that's the best way to sum it up, they're completely derivative, but they've picked great influences ... fun band, great knack for writing pop hooks
(o|o)

beedubyah

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2005, 03:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rupert Pupkin:
When youre 50 and listening to an oldies station with your kids one of them ask you if you were around to remember Kasabian, you can tell them, "No, it wasnt worth $10 to me."

If you like the album, youll be blown away by them live.