Author Topic: Kasabian  (Read 10230 times)

Relaxer

Kasabian
« on: May 12, 2005, 11:22:00 am »
Anyone going? I liked them a lot when they opened for The Music and 10 bucks for three bands is a nice deal. I know nothing about Mad Action though. Are they along the same lines?
oword

beedubyah

Re: Kasabian
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 11:30:00 am »
Im there.  Loved them opening for The Music.  The album is good, but they have a (well deserved) live reputation that far exceeds the album's quality.  Lead singer is the only person on earth who can rock black pants, white shoes, a turtleneck tucked in and still look cool.  Well, maybe it doesnt look cool, but it somehow works.

Expecting a phenomenal show....Bringing a bunch of friends who have never seen em.  Reputation is on the line...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 11:30:00 am »
Mad Action hailing from Philly and once known as Ty Cobb are more heavy garage blues from what I heard on thier website.  BMRC are big supports and they appear to be more well known in the UK at the moment.

I'm DJing tonight...
T.Rex

beedubyah

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 11:32:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:

I'm DJing tonight...
Im sure you dont take requests, do you?

grotty

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 11:33:00 am »
Originally posted by Relaxer:
  Anyone going? I liked them a lot when they opened for The Music and 10 bucks for three bands is a nice deal. I know nothing about Mad Action though. Are they along the same lines?
Bring ear plugs.

They were SO loud @ Coachella. My ears still hurt - seriously.

The singer said: "God Bless you Coachella" after EVERY song. I wanted to slap him.

One of my fav moments tho was when I was standing there feeling the sweat just running down my legs & the bearded - Black Crowes looking - multi instrumentalist stepped up & asked:
 "Anybody got sweaty bollocks?!"

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 11:34:00 am »
Originally posted by beedubyah:

I'm DJing tonight...
Im sure you dont take requests, do you? [/b]
i do just can't promise i can honor them...

one for sure song tonight is The High "Box Set Go" and probably a MC5 song
T.Rex

ratioci nation

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 11:41:00 am »
I have seen Mad Action, I think they opened for somebody at the Black Cat, they did something weird with a projector, i dont remember being terribly impressed, but they were not horrible either

I believed one of them has a studio in Philly where BRMC was doing some recording

beedubyah

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 11:41:00 am »

I'm DJing tonight...
Im sure you dont take requests, do you? [/b]
i do just can't promise i can honor them...
  [/b]
How about a leaked track from Oasis's new album?  I could pm it to you...Think it would go over well with the crowd...Just an idea.

Relaxer

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 11:58:00 am »
This is probably totally not appropriate for tonight's show, but last night I was listening to Bran Van 3000's "Drinking in L.A." and I thought, it'll be too bad if that song fades into complete obscurity. It's a great little song, if a bit of a novelty.
oword

beedubyah

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 12:02:00 pm »
Man...Look what I started.  I have a feeling thats why you dont do it.  Lookin forward to tonight.  See ya.

Fico

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 12:06:00 pm »
I'll be there tonight...I'm into Kasabian's record and it has Liam's Krusty Seal of Approval..what's not to love??

Next to last OC episode, dinner with friends and Kasabian for $10...shall be a good night, and I'll be flyering the show...which isn't fun but until we have a street team...

sonickteam2

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 12:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by Relaxer:
  This is probably totally not appropriate for tonight's show, but last night I was listening to Bran Van 3000's "Drinking in L.A." and I thought, it'll be too bad if that song fades into complete obscurity. It's a great little song, if a bit of a novelty.
funny. I was listening to that song last night too. what a coinky-dink.

beedubyah

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 12:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by Fico:
  I'll be there tonight...I'm into Kasabian's record and it has Liam's Krusty Seal of Approval..what's not to love??

U seen them before?

Fico

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 12:20:00 pm »

U seen them before? [/b]
Seen them on tv a coupla of times and thought they sounded fantastic..

beedubyah

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2005, 12:25:00 pm »

U seen them before? [/b]
Seen them on tv a coupla of times and thought they sounded fantastic.. [/b]
Cool.  Youll love it.  They will remind you of a few prominent British bands before them...