Author Topic: Let's follow the Brits lead...  (Read 7780 times)

Bags

Let's follow the Brits lead...
« on: August 14, 2003, 05:38:00 pm »
I can attest to this phenomenon, as my recent jaunt to Germany (last week) included even more beer consumption than I could have imagined -- it's the one beverage you can be sure is cold and refreshing.  So I say, we should support our suffering brethren across the ocean and drink up!  - Bags

http://www.msnbc.com/news/952276.asp?0cv=NA01#BODY

LONDON, Aug. 14 â??  With record-setting temperatures across Europe, Britons have fled for beaches, parks and pools. But while the heat wave has pushed suffering city-goers outdoors, they havenâ??t left their famous bitters behind. And the surge in binge drinking, especially among young people, has led to calls for a dramatic changes to the nationâ??s pub culture.

mankie

Re: Let's follow the Brits lead...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 05:41:00 pm »
They've taken everything else from us that's British, may as well take the only thing we have left.

SPARX

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 05:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  They've taken everything else from us that's British, may as well take the only thing we have left.
'Cept those red uniforms and marchin in to battle in a straight line and stuff.didn't seem to work real well.

mankie

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 05:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:

'Cept those red uniforms and marchin in to battle in a straight line and stuff.didn't seem to work real well. [/b]
We still have the red uniforms and big fur hats, but only for the doodle tourists at Buckingham Palace..and we gave up on the marching into battle in a straight line after you had the French fight your battles for you all those years ago. Seems we've now got this battle thing down better than you lot going by the losses in Iraq.

SPARX

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2003, 05:57:00 pm »
and we gave up on the marching into battle in a straight line after you had the French fight your battles for you all those years ago. [/QB]
Never do things for yourself that you can get others to do for you.Unless you enjoy it.

Bags

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2003, 06:03:00 pm »
You know what's funny, I hadn't read the whole article.  I assumed it was all on the increase in consumption during this heat wave.

Yeha, that's it Mank, we'll take from you being the most visibly drunk people in Europe!  [Who are we kidding, if we were in Europe, we probably would be anyway.]

thirsty moore

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2003, 06:58:00 pm »
Hey Mank, why do you live here again?

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2003, 08:01:00 am »
He drinks a whisky drink
 He drinks a vodka drink
 He drinks a lager drink
 He drinks a cider drink
 He sings the songs that remind him
 Of the good times
 He sings the songs that remind him
 Of the better times:

"Oh Danny Boy
 Danny Boy
 Danny Boy..."

mankie

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2003, 09:33:00 am »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:
Because the American injustice system gave custody of my daughter to an American mother who doesn't give a rats about anything other than the child support check.

Any other questions?

thirsty moore

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2003, 09:58:00 am »
You've never put it that way.  Sorry to hear about that.

mankie

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2003, 10:02:00 am »
  You've never put it that way.  Sorry to hear about that.
That's okay thirsty....she's 18 and off to college in less than 4 years...THEN I'M OUTTA HERE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thirsty moore

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2003, 10:03:00 am »
I think that's about the happiest I've seen you on this board.  Oh, and Wilco are breaking up and alt. country is going to be dismissed as a genre.

ggw

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2003, 10:19:00 am »

Because the American injustice system gave custody of my daughter to an American mother who doesn't give a rats about anything other than the child support check.

Any other questions? [/b]
Whatever  :roll:    You just wanted to realize your lifelong dream of being an American citizen.

You're one of us now.

mankie

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2003, 10:25:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Whatever   :roll:     You just wanted to realize your lifelong dream of being an American citizen.

You're one of us now. [/b]
I'm also still one of us....(huh) Actually the muslims would have a field day with me...I'm both doodle and limey!

Yank

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2003, 11:36:00 am »

Oh, please, please, please stay over there.  We have enough United numb-nutz walking the streets of the Northwest.    :p