Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313378 times)

GAY,GUY

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4590 on: October 03, 2022, 11:34:27 am »
I was in redneck MD this weekend and stumbled into a bar with quite possibly the best bar band I've ever stumbled upon...

https://www.billypierce.com

I am sure the musician was incredible, and the evening was a great night out, all around . . . but, I am more interested in the "redneck area" you were in. Can I have a descriptive essay?

bearman🐻

« Reply #4591 on: October 03, 2022, 12:38:19 pm »
Where are the KC and the Sunshine Band reviews?!??!!

Saw 3 shows last week...Sunny Day Real Estate w/The Appleseed Cast, Death Cab, and B-52's/KC.

Sunny Day was exceptional. Loved the show, thought it sounded great, and Appleseed Cast were terrific too. Got to spend some time with the band afterwards and they are as lovely as could be. Really genuine, warm, and decent people. So passionate about music and grateful for being able to do the tour.

Death Cab was not my favorite. I enjoy the new LP, but for me the sound was extremely hit/miss. Quieter songs seemed to work better. On louder songs I felt like the whole middle range of frequencies was missing. Bummed because I really wanted to love this show.

B-52's/KC was pretty incredible. Consider that KC is 71 and he's got a band that delivers the goods. They had a blast, and so did the audience. Thoroughly enjoyable. Poor Fred Schneider looked like someone's lost grandpa who wandered in from physical therapy. But he sounded great. His outfit though...a t-shirt and shorts? He put zero effort in that look. Kate and Cindy looked and sounded flawless. Great band...really fun setlist. One of my favorite concerts of theirs. Glad to see them go out on a high note.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4592 on: October 03, 2022, 12:44:02 pm »
His outfit though...a t-shirt and shorts? He put zero effort in that look.

This reminds me.

This was the opener for Morcheeba
https://www.facebook.com/toofreedc/videos/487343675508993

He wore cutoff sweats and a long sleeve Cities in Dust t-shirt. I seriously did not know what was happening in my life for that 30 minutes.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4593 on: October 03, 2022, 12:51:44 pm »
So where Too Free good or bad?  They are local group and I’ve enjoyed their record.  The singer is a forum alumni and the outfit tracks…
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #4594 on: October 03, 2022, 12:56:29 pm »
I was in redneck MD this weekend and stumbled into a bar with quite possibly the best bar band I've ever stumbled upon...

https://www.billypierce.com

I am sure the musician was incredible, and the evening was a great night out, all around . . . but, I am more interested in the "redneck area" you were in. Can I have a descriptive essay?

A small town in western Cecil County, Maryland. Its main street, running parallel to the northeastern bank of the Susquehanna River, is a 1.4 mile segment of U.S. Route 222. Founded in in the 1700s and incorporated in the early 1800s... Multiple homes line the main street that you would assume looked elegant nearly 200 years ago. Today, they're lined with pirate flags, LGB flags, LGBQT+/X pirate flags, rabid racoons walking the street*, etc. Citizens had very high BMI levels and possible addictions to methamphetamines and/or opiates.

I had maybe the best buffalo wings of my life.

*Sponsored by #sickEddies from TAKOMA WELLNESS, DC's longest-running family owned medical THC dispensary, in the heart of scenic Takoma Park + 3rd Eye Psychedelic Chocolates

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4595 on: October 03, 2022, 12:57:03 pm »
It seemed like a weird fit for the Morcheeba crowd. Wasn't my thing, but some people seemed into it.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4596 on: October 03, 2022, 01:10:01 pm »
Citizens had very high BMI levels and possible addictions to methamphetamines and/or opiates.

this is so counter-intuitive.  yes, i realize it's a thing.
<sig>

« Reply #4597 on: October 03, 2022, 02:06:42 pm »
A small town in western Cecil County, Maryland. Its main street, running parallel to the northeastern bank of the Susquehanna River, is a 1.4 mile segment of U.S. Route 222. Founded in in the 1700s
I think this is how you say Port Deposit MD, without actually saying Port Deposit, MD
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4598 on: October 03, 2022, 02:51:57 pm »
OMG the "first concert girl" at Morcheeba!

??

Early in the show, an 11-year old girl walked to the front with a sign saying "1st Concert Ever" She eventually got noticed, and was pulled up on stage by Skye for a full song.

cool story bro!

the missus loves loves loves morcheeba, we'll be seeing them later this month.
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #4599 on: October 03, 2022, 03:04:55 pm »
Thanks Bearman! Where are all the other KC and the Sunshine Band reviews!?!? You all went, right?

« Reply #4600 on: October 03, 2022, 03:40:03 pm »
OMG the "first concert girl" at Morcheeba!

??

Early in the show, an 11-year old girl walked to the front with a sign saying "1st Concert Ever" She eventually got noticed, and was pulled up on stage by Skye for a full song.

cool story bro!

the missus loves loves loves morcheeba, we'll be seeing them later this month.
So do we think Sweets is going to have his wife show up with a 'first concert ever' placard?
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4601 on: October 03, 2022, 03:50:16 pm »
I saw her at a Belle and Sebastian concert once and Sweets doesn’t seem like the type to marry a great big phony, so no, I doubt she will because that would be great big phony behavior.
LVMH

« Reply #4602 on: October 03, 2022, 04:58:02 pm »
seems this board has high esteem for Sweet's wife, has she ever been on here like James' ford's wife
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4603 on: October 03, 2022, 05:07:14 pm »
seems this board has high esteem for Sweet's wife, has she ever been on here like James' ford's wife
To be fair, my statement would seem to hold Sweets in high regard as I stated he was a person who would not marry a great big phony, not that my time in the presence of Mrs. Sweets left me in a position to judge her great big phoniness and I have ruled in her favor.

Also, for those who DO hold Mrs. Sweets in high regard, I would think he never posting on here is probably a leading contributor to her esteem.
LVMH

« Reply #4604 on: October 03, 2022, 05:20:42 pm »
well one person's great big phony can be another person's endearing significant other
slack